Crysis Wars... screens...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Wars... screens...

WOW... I was alot critical on the original Crysis MP, with only death match and power struggle... I am still critical of Crysis Wars (the MP component to Crysis: Warhead) to the extent that only a couple more modes have been put in... and I was extremely critical of my MP experience, join a server, run around looking for a weapon, die before you find one, repeat...

So this AM, I put up my own server and invited just a handful of friends... incredible fun, and great teamwork... so now I have changed my opinion, but you still need friends and a private server, IMO...

Heres some screens from one of the larger maps with vehicles...

Third person in vehicles:

First person in vehicles:

Target hit:

Nice battlefield colors:

My guided AT4, or whatever it is:

Drivers view:

Beautiful, lush scenery:

Secondary explosions, sweet:

Bridge:

SWEET kill:

Bradley?:

Thats me getting hit by missiles:

Thats me engaging the "bird", while one of his missiles come in on me:

camo:

No thats not from my gun, another player got him first:

My missile finding the target:

takes 2 to 3 hits usually:

Alot of fire in that one:

As with most games, pretty fun...with friends and on a private server. ;)

I was able to host this game, with 10 players, no reported problems, so maybe I'll schedule an event soon. if interested.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Crysis Wars... screens...

Nice screenies there Magnum.

Did you lower your graphic settings from normal play to host the game? Any options available to the hoster in case someone needed to be kicked?

I'd be interested in an event :)
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

No...what i do like about Crysis Warhead... is that the SP and MP are too completely different downloads and installs... so for SP I play everything maxed... for online play I have it set to high, not maxed.

I noticed alot of server tools, but nothing for kicking or banning people...if i find out anything, I'll let you know.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Neat pics, I love heavily foliate MP maps.

I wish there was an archive of a wider range of forest types.

Excluding these, http://crymod.com/filebase.php?cat=48.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          No...what i do like about Crysis Warhead... is that the SP and MP are too completely different downloads and installs... so for SP I play everything maxed... for online play I have it set to high, not maxed.

I noticed alot of server tools, but nothing for kicking or banning people...if i find out anything, I'll let you know.
          FYI I found some info on the dedicated server page on their console feature which includes kicks/bans.

I've got an extra computer running at home, I'm going to try and get it set up Tuesday night.

Server Documentation

http://www.mycrysis.com/servercornersite.php?site=6
          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

What type of system specs you got btw? Lookin pretty impressive...
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I only wish there was a little bit more variation on their scenery, but I'm really looking forward to playing Warhead as I loved the previous game. I'm not too sure about the MP yet, as you said the first one didn't cut it.
              -- Arhurt

"Lo! There do I see my father
              Lo! There do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
              Lo! There do I see the line of my people back to the beginning
              Lo! They do call to me
              They bid me take my place among them
              In the halls of Valhalla
              Where the brave may live forever"

Comment

Great looking screen caps!

But what about the actual play ability and missions? With the maps as large as they are were there often stagnate periods of movement to contact?

Comment

lol... if your talking about MP... and you don't want "stagnate periods of movement to contact"... then you'll love this game... because contact is non-stop, so much that it is a negative to this game IMO... I want more space, more time for tactics and teamwork... but if you want the constant fast pace action, then this is for you. (check out my video clips in another thread).

Battlefield is the biggest map, and the only one I play because it's not over crowded or too fast paced, compared to ALL other included maps which are fast and furious beyond good gameplay.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Man..I just gotta get this installed and going..! Those pics are way awesome! :)

Comment

Very nice pics

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse