New mod for Ghost Recon, screens...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mod for Ghost Recon, screens...

GhostRecon.net (http://www.ghostrecon.net) let me know yesterday about a new, huge mod for the original, and classic, Ghost Recon, called Operation Blue Glow by the 9MS (9mansquad) group.

Possibly the largest Ghost Recon mod to be released in 2008, Operation Blue Glow is the official campaign for the huge 9MS modification by Tinker. To try and summarize the contents in one news post would be difficult, but expect to find 18 new actors, over 20 new vehicles, new kit restrictions, over 20 of the best custom maps included, almost 200 custom missions and gametypes!
    GhostRecon.net

You can check out there mod at the GhostRecon.net web site for more info and the download.

Here are just a few screens from the 5 or 6 missions I tried, and lost them all, lol.

Most missions have well done briefings, but not all:

Been a while since I played any GR, man have I gotten spoiled with todays graphics, lol:

Tangos down:

Most of the missions seemed to be time related, which I'm not a big fan of... especially with a "tactical" shooter, I never made it to my point in the time frame allowed:

New friendly and enemy vehicles:

Moving in on the insertion:

Hitting the beach:

4 man patrol spotted, verbal and written clues:

New skins and uniforms, new guns, new...new:

Not only is there 10 or so campaign missions, 20 or so or more hunt maps:

I played alone, with AI... who did alright, but just alright:

Nothing like missions where you spawn in and before you can even move, 3 guys are down:

Including me, the last thing I see as I fade out to darkness:

OVERALL, this is a damn fine mod for a classic game. Tons of new stuff and missions, and maps... that said this is still Ghost Recon, with it's great gameplay but old school graphics. I played alone, but I'm sure most of these missions would of been really great with 8 friends. ;)

BTW, I did have one "GR is not responding crash", but only one out of 6 missions or so.

Great job to 9mansquad and thx to Ghostrecon.net for the news, info, and download.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: New mod for Ghost Recon, screens...

Sweet. My all time favorite tactical type game has some life left yet.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I have played 2 maps and it is pretty darn good. Thank you very much for pointing this out.

I did get crashes on the first to maps.

My dream is to see GR core game and a new graphics engine like Crysis.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Are there people still playing this game, I would be interested in playing it again.

Sadly, this gem and pinnacle of gaming will never be recreated because of the slow, deliberate intentional planned out nature of the game. The run and gun version in GRAW and GRAW2 are here. One thing I loved was being able to switch to any member of the team allowing you to be a sniper, anti-tank, which allowed a wonderful first player game.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Wow... The original ghost recon was soooo good. Probably the first game I ever really enjoyed online
          Baseball is LIFE.

Xbox Live: L DODGE L

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...