Far Cry 2 SP screens (spoiler)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry 2 SP screens (spoiler)

Here's some screenshots from the first hour of the Far Cry 2 single player story... great graphics and sounds... good, fun gameplay, but as expected, more action then tactical... IMO...

Taxi ride to the hotel:

Just great, sick in Africa:

Map and GPS:

Taken a nap and setting my watch:

Recon the target with a scope:

This is a ammo crate exploding with cool fireworks, unfortunately I missed the main show in the screen:

Where you need to go is in red, helpful:
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Far Cry 2 SP screens (spoiler)

Cool Magnum, thanks for puttin' these up... I'm dying to play this.
    -

Comment

Video of the entire opening sequence and part of the first mission.

For some reason Vegas couldn't open up one of my files, so I ran it through movie maker and that missing clip is below.

When I rendered the video clip, I kept it in it's original size and put the bit rate at 3.0 M

http://files.filefront.com/FC2wmv/;1.../fileinfo.html

Here is the missing clip from the above video.

I used the highest quality rendering option with Movie Maker which was the 1080 HD with a 7.0 M bit rate, hence the bigger file size, yet shorter video. It's also not edited.

http://files.filefront.com/FCMissing.../fileinfo.html
      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Really loving this game. I love steam as well. I pre-ordered it from game stop but I went inside to get it last night and they lost it. So I had them refund the money and ordered and downloaded it on steam and was playing 1 hour later. Steam is a great service.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

looks great, and I'll be getting this tommorrow !

Comment

Whats your system specs and how does it run.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Vista Home Premium
              AMD 5600+
              2 Gigs Corsair XMS
              BFG GTX 260

I had everything turned onto Ultra High and AA at 8x. While recording with FRAPs I was getting 15 fps. Without FRAPs recording, I was getting 35 fps.

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Well i have a similar processor (E8400 @ 3.0) and an 8800GT. Hopefully it'll run fine at 1280*1024.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I have a few screenies as well. I've been taking video throughout and will post a full video when I complete the singleplayer story. Just bought a 1 TB external drive for all my fraps recordings these days. :D

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/kevlarorc/

Comment

How do you think it will run on an E8400 and radeon 4850?

Comment

Most likely on max with maybe 2x or 4x AA depending on what FPS you're comfortable with and your resolution.
                      I can run on max 1680x1050, 2x AA with E4300 OC'd @ 3.0 Ghz and 8800gt KO (overclocked). Average about 30 fps in single and 40-50 in multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
                        Vista Home Premium
                        AMD 5600+
                        2 Gigs Corsair XMS
                        BFG GTX 260

I had everything turned onto Ultra High and AA at 8x. While recording with FRAPs I was getting 15 fps. Without FRAPs recording, I was getting 35 fps.
                        Turned everything to Very High Settings and AA to 2x and I'm getting 45-50 fps now.

Comment

Well i guess i'll know tonight since i'm downloading from steam this very moment. :D
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

You guys sould try the map editor, I've spent more time mapping than playing the actual game!

Short video I've made: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7OtAD009g[/media]

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Looks interesting, might have to give it a try.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X