This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this pic of Prez Obama...

Check out this photo, uses some new cool technology to paste together many hi rez photos... you can zoom in and see anyone in detail... not just Obama but try the people way in the back to the left... now thats cool... (and scary... imagine what big brother can do, lol.)

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullsc...648c2b4b06233c

(BTW, tried to put this in the sandbox but I'm banned from that channel? How the hell that happen and why wasn't I informed?)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Check out this pic of Prez Obama...

would you pay attention

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...usergroup.html

cool picture to
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Weird, there's one arab guy in the stands with the red head dress on (I forget what it's called). He looks out of place surrounded by old white guys

(5th row from the top in the stands over Obama's left shoulder)

Cool technology though!

*Edit. You can see the places where the photos were stitched together, like in the lenses at the bottom left of the picture

Comment

Cheny does look like the bad guy from a Jame Bond movie. Funny.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix

This thread is about the AWESOME inauguration photo of Clarence Thomas napping!
          Hah..I did catch that too!! Or Freezing to death..

The Technology is great though.. Crazy..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

If you look at Obama, then at the lady with the red scarf directly above him, then look along her row until you get to a guy with sunglasses, you can see where the images were stuck together (he has two hairlines).

Cool stuff.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I like how all the VIPS behind him are all dressed nice...nice hats etc...and then theres the one guy with the Green Bay Packers beenie :p

[unit][support]
              The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
              I am proud to serve my Country!
              United States Army
              I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
              I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
              "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

if you look at about half of the people just behind obama up close, they all look like they're gonna kill him lol.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

This photo was taken by a nice point and shoot camera, the Canon G10. it was mounted to a robotic panorama mount which took 220 images. The total image size is 59 783x24 658 pixels. The file size is approximately 2 gigabytes and took over six and a half hours to stitch the photos together.
                  The technology is not new. A home made panorama head and a $20 tripod with a cheap point and shoot camera can do it, just not easily.

Details about how the shot was made can be found at http://www.davidbergman.net/blog/200...gural-address/

And yes, cool shot.

Comment

You know... good on the poor bastards that work the Police department out there that have to put up with events like this. Just imagine how much of a logistical nightmare this must have been for them (and any major event for that matter).

Not only that but you couldn't scratch your ass without being caught on a camera there.
                    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

You should be playing spot the sniper.

I found a few
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                        You should be playing spot the sniper.

I found a few
                        I did a quick check for them but didn't see any. Of course I just looked at the most obvious "movie" spots. Top of buildings.

Where are they?
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Look at Aretha Franklin (sp). A bad stitch makes her look like she has a beard.

Comment

need to remember there is a time issue with the different pictures used to make the panorama. Bad stitches are not because of an error, it is because of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
                              need to remember there is a time issue with the different pictures used to make the panorama. Bad stitches are not because of an error, it is because of movement.
                              Right. It does produce some interesting effects. Like right in front of Aretha there appears to be an invisible man.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X