Battleship Firing the Big Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship Firing the Big Guns

I have seen a battleship fire them before and it is awe inspiring.

But I have never seen this view.

Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Battleship Firing the Big Guns

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJdinQQk1O8[/media]
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Man that concussion wave is awesomely powerful.

Comment

Another interesting shot is the shockwave from an atom bomb, and the shockwaves from bullets. In college at MIT, I saw a fun lecture with photos by the late Doc Edgerton, king of flash photography. He showed a lot of his shots from the Bikini Island tests, as well as strobe photos of a bullet passing through an apple and a balloon. He was musing that he'd love to load a barge with a huge sheet of film, hang a huge strobe under a bridge, and have a jet fly under at supersonic speeds to capture the shockwave on the film below.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

When I saw a demonstration of a battleships firepower the thing that impressed me most was the shock wave.

We where quit far away. When they fired you would actually be rocked back on your heels just a tiny bit. You would feel it deep in your chest and in your ears. It was like the deepest base you can imagine then make it 10 times deeper and more powerful.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X