3d Modelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d Modelers

ANy 3d Modelers in here? Im no pro or anything I just dabble..this is a T-rex Ive been working on for awhile In blender..fully modeled(need to fix a few things on his feet proving to be difficult to get right) and working on the skeleton and rigging for the upper body..heres a movie Ive done for the head quick and simple but shows the flow of the muscles in the neck and his tounge

http://rap.midco.net/jcombs/Movie_0001.wmv

and some pictures showing the mesh tried to keep it fairly clean to avoid long render times

and then a skull I was working on for a ghost rider but pretty much gave up as modeling decent looking clothing is beyond my scope at the moment

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: 3d Modelers

Cool dude. You have a knack for this. Keep it up.

Comment

I've done my share of modelling, yes. :)
      Got Bender few months back and did lots of weird stuff with it.
      Im pretty new though at the whole modeling business. I can't do anything as complex as cars or characters, but I sure can model buildings and objects.

My most reacent work was for my L4D map. The first map takes place in school and I needed school table. Took 30mins to make desk and slapped simple texture on it. It was my first object with physics aswell. Nothing beats watching model you made dance from bullet impacts. It brought tear to my eye. :row__577:
      Attached Files

Comment

YAY Blender!!! Wish I was good at it tho =(. Pinched myself for about a month after I got it FOR FREE!!!!!

Comment

blender is open source lol.

Comment

3ds MAX for the win!

Comment

Blender is a great free program, but I still love 3ds Max. Z-brush is a lot of fun too, but I am still getting the hang of that one.

If you are looking to get into 3d modeling, take a look at www.gameartisans.org. It is a great website for game modeling tutorials and the forums are filled with top talent. A lot of which are in the game industry. There is also www.3dtotal.com. They have a lot of game and animation modeling info and tutorials as well.

Just a few bits of my own work, mostly low poly character stuff (Sorry Draken I had to :row__644:)

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
              ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Enough of this mine's bigger than yours crap!

ALL BOW TO...ducky

Comment

Originally posted by Lusitano Louco View Post
                  Enough of this mine's bigger than yours crap!

ALL BOW TO...ducky

to ducky

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Modelling is one of the things ive always been interested in doing if i get time one day, same with photoshop. Once you know how to do it you can make incredible things. However, coupled with lazyness, i have never had the time to do these things =/.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                    "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

I think you guys should have your own TV show. You could call it, I don't know, how about "America's Top Modelers"? :p
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                        I think you guys should have your own TV show. You could call it, I don't know, how about "America's Top Modelers"? :p
                        Actually, there is already something like that. Not a TV show, just a world wide competition called Dominance War. It's open to anyone to join, but it draws in some of the best talent in the world. Currently in its fourth year, there are something like 4000 people competing in the 2D and 3D categorizes.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                        ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Originally posted by YdoUwant2know View Post
                          Actually, there is already something like that. Not a TV show, just a world wide competition called Dominance War. It's open to anyone to join, but it draws in some of the best talent in the world. Currently in its fourth year, there are something like 4000 people competing in the 2D and 3D categorizes.
                          ...And up until 2006 you had the IRTC. Check out their archives for some jaw dropping images that would make great backgrounds for desktops or screen savers: http://www.irtc.org/

Comment

I've done a bit of level design and mapping in the past (UT2004 and Quake 3 games). The most recent thing I did was a map of Hatshepsut Temple (Egypt) for a game development course last year. Here are some non-final (about halfway done) screenshots of it:

I also have a whole slew of reference images and design blueprints that my partner and I collected and worked on together. I mapped/modeled everything but terrain. I'll see if I can find my screenshots of the final version with terrain.

Edit: think I found them...

I did everything else but the modeling of the terrain and the rocks (rocks isn't accurate or the front half of the terrain. Everything else but the addition of weapons and spawn items is as accurate as I could make it to the real Hatshepsut Temple (of course to scale). Drawing and planning the blueprints from version 1 through 8 was probably the most headaching part. The frequent crashes of the Unreal Editor prolonged the time it took for me to actually make the darn map. Matt's (my partner) work on the terrain and rocks in Maya were considerably faster than my mapping (even with reuse of brushes).
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Some models my fiance and myself did for First Strike mod way back when.

some random stuff I did as freelance for a chiropractor

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X