StarWars 3 Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarWars 3 Trailer

Meh. I never saw the second one. I hear the third one's going to be decent.

Anyway, the trailer is interesting. I've mirrored it for us.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: StarWars 3 Trailer

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    Meh. I never saw the second one. I hear the third one's going to be decent.
    Oh, my. Based on the trailer, and the parts of the story that are "untold" so far, this could very well be the best Star Wars movie yet... It's going to be PG-13, too, so I expect that it will be a bit more intense than any of the other movies.

I'm excited.

Oh, and if there were a Star Wars movie that you had to miss, Episode II was the correct one... You've got to see it before Episode III, though...

And do you know where I could download a .wmv version of the trailer? I despise Quicktime with a passion and I'll probably watch that trailer every few days until the movie is released...
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      Oh, my. Based on the trailer, and the parts of the story that are "untold" so far, this could very well be the best Star Wars movie yet... It's going to be PG-13, too, so I expect that it will be a bit more intense than any of the other movies.

I'm excited.

Oh, and if there were a Star Wars movie that you had to miss, Episode II was the correct one... You've got to see it before Episode III, though...

And do you know where I could download a .wmv version of the trailer? I despise Quicktime with a passion and I'll probably watch that trailer every few days until the movie is released...

I despise it as well, try QuickTime Alternative:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

The Muffin Man

Comment

I liked Episode II at first...but the more I watched Hayden Christiansen whine and moan in the movie, the more I realized what a complete wuss George Lucas was making him out to be. Now that I see the SW III trailer, I realize H.C. was probably cast more for his likeness to Mark Hamill (sp?) than his acting abilities. On the other hand, H.C. may have acted the part exactly the way Lucas told him to (which is disappointing, but not out of the question).

I thought SW II had a good bridging story, but it left me liking the parts without Anakin on the screen better. Natalie Portman played her part so much better than H.C., in my opinion (plus she didn't look too bad in that shiny black oufit). :)

Heck, I liked the Clone Wars series (on Cartoon network, new season coming soon before the movie) more than SW II. At least the story kept moving.

Comment

I enjoyed Episode 2 more then Episode 1. BTW Just to let you know the clone wars DVD will be out the 22 and the new season starts the 21. By then i should have my DVR so i get to record it. (Granted I wish i had Windows Media Center)
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

That's the only trailer I know of. It was given me by a friend before I mirrored it.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

[begin SW geek-out]

Actually, HC is a rather well regarded actor, his Ep2 performance aside. A lot of people I've talked with feel that he was cast more for the role in Ep3 than 2, just because of the level of menace he can project. Anakin in 2 is just a petulant, spoiled, gifted brat. But he does have a scant few scenes (specifically the Tusken slaughter/aftermath) that portend his downfall.

I've been following leaked spoilers with rabid interest, and can safely say that Ep3 *will be* the payoff for 1 & 2. They're both just prologue to what's about to be unleashed this May.

Of course, I have a pretty biased view on this... I'm a lifelong SW dork, and so just being able to get all the broad, mythic story told is more important (at least, to me) than how expertly it's produced. It's also important to remember that these are basically fairy tales set in space, and the original audience (for the classic trilogy, as well as now) is kids. It's going to be a bit dumbed down from what more sophisticated audience goers might want or expect. But the themes are still very powerful, and the arc of the myth is supposed to resonate across all ages.

[/geek-out] :icon_roll

Comment

I wonder if it has EU weapons like the Z-95 and the Victory 1 and 2. BTW yesterday was also a good day because of the new Zelda trailer.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Saw this last night on FOX. This movie is going to own.

Originally posted by Rampage
                  but the more I watched Hayden Christiansen whine and moan in the movie, the more I realized what a complete wuss George Lucas was making him out to be.
                  While I'm inclined to agree, you have to realize that this is how Lucas wanted Anakin to act. Think about it.

1. He started training late in his life for a Jedi.
                  2. He's being trained by a Knight who has almost no experience and who himself was a little pushy in EP 1.
                  3. He's been talked up all 10 years about how he's the "Chosen One" and how he'll save the Jedi. Of course he's going to have a big head.

As for the horrible written "Love Story," the only real problem was how long Lucas decided to drag it out. Anakin is a sexually represend Jedi who has never been able to develope sexual social skills and people expect him to be Sinatra. Padme is just as repressed, dedicating her life to politics and having maybe one or two just as uptight boyfriends. They both played their parts extremely well, but as I keep saying: it feels forced not because of what it is, but because is so dragged out.

Contrast this to Han and Leia. Solo's an experienced smuggler who's probably bagged countless women with cheesy pick-up lines. Leia might be a princess, but she's one who has seen a lot more crap that Padme and they actually go through her developement in ESB.

I mean cmon!
                  Leia: "I love you."
                  Solo: "I know."

That had to be the best Adlib ever. Even on the level of Ford's adlib in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in the sword fight scene. Harrison Ford rocks.

Anyways, don't just write off EPII so fast because Lucas dragged out an otherwise good plot-point. I'm more pissed about the Fett wanking and subsequent mediocre death along with scenes involving Jar-Jar.

Comment

all i have to say is the best Star Wars movies ever were the first 3 that came out back in the day. they are so much better then these new ones that it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by IC-Phantom
                      all i have to say is the best Star Wars movies ever were the first 3 that came out back in the day. they are so much better then these new ones that it's not even funny.
                      There-in lies your problem. How many sequels ever live up the their original couterparts? Very, very few.

Look at AvP: If you weren't a big fan of the original movies, then you will probably like AvP as a base-rate action flick. But for those of us who loved all the original movies, we constantly find ourselves noticing holes and other discrepencies.

The original Star Wars series just about wrote the book on movie Sci-fi. ILM was doing things with special effects most artists only dreamed of. It was uncharted territory so there was really nothing to compare it to. the OT also contains every Shakespearian thematic example. Another bonus. Also, now that his story is lock-ed in, he no longer can be as creative with the writing as he was in the beginning.

Since everyone and their mom does Sci-Fi now, Star Wars has lost it's magic and people continually grind on Lucas for not being able to match what he did 30 years ago. But, the newness of Star Wars has already lost it's novelty. It's a major uphill battle.

Comment

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
                        I despise it as well, try QuickTime Alternative:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
                        Awesome. Thanks!
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          Saw this last night on FOX. This movie is going to own.
                          Agreed! Of course, I thought the same thing about SW II, but I have more faith despite this.

1. He started training late in his life for a Jedi.
                          2. He's being trained by a Knight who has almost no experience and who himself was a little pushy in EP 1.
                          3. He's been talked up all 10 years about how he's the "Chosen One" and how he'll save the Jedi. Of course he's going to have a big head.
                          Good points, all. It's good to hear someone else who thinks he was acting out in a way G.L. fashioned. It just too too long. :)

They both played their parts extremely well, but as I keep saying: it feels forced not because of what it is, but because is so dragged out.
                          I still liked Portman better, but there's that outfit she was wearing....

Contrast this to Han and Leia. Solo's an experienced smuggler who's probably bagged countless women with cheesy pick-up lines. Leia might be a princess, but she's one who has seen a lot more crap that Padme and they actually go through her developement in ESB.
                          Well of COURSE you know that Empire was THE BEST of all Star Wars movies to date! The back-and-forth between Han and Leia made the movie (interesting that it had a different director and so forth)

Harrison Ford rocks.
                          Ford is the bomb.

Comment

On the other hand, H.C. may have acted the part exactly the way Lucas told him to (which is disappointing, but not out of the question).

Heck, I liked the Clone Wars series (on Cartoon network, new season coming soon before the movie) more than SW II. At least the story kept moving.

Actually, H.C. is quite a decent actor, if you watch some of the other stuff he's done previous and post SW. I put the blame more on lucas for that performance, because Lucas deffinantly was trying to go for the "whiney arrogant teen" angle with Anakin in EpII, Which H.C. pulled off rather well. W.A.T's are annoying and grating on the senses. The problem is that we the audience don't want to see arguably one of the best evil characters on film reduced to...a whiney arrogant teen.

I also love the clone wars series. Have the first two seasons on my PC, even.

I hope epIII turns out to be as promising as that trailer makes it out to be.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I still liked Portman better, but there's that outfit she was wearing....
                              While Portman is a bomb-shell, Carrie Fisher will always hold a special place in my heart.

Rather than re-defining my thoughts on clone wars, I'll just link to my relevant thread on the J-O.com forums. WARNING: does contain harsh language: Click here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X