Clear All

• What the heck is this gun?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1229391887.jpg
    New to TG?

Re: What the heck is this gun?

Flare gun or specialty shotgun?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It could be:

Browning .22 Challenger
      Notice the handle is wooden as well. The barrel also seems similar,without the attached flashlight.

or the Margolin Vostok MTs
      It's a Russian pistol, and Iran uses Russian weapons as well. Wooden handle, more possibility of them having their thumb on top of the gun then around the handle, like in the picture. Similar barrel and possible area for a flashlight.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Ah, I see... Those are flashlights? I thought they were large smoothbore barrels!

Another link to the pic we're discussing (just in case...):
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Pretty sure they're barrels, unless the bullets come out from the trigger, or the barrels like having glass on the front. =

-StubbedToe

Comment

shot in the dark...small caliber auto w/lazer site or a sound suppressor (silencer) - ;-) flashlight thing.....tried zooming and enhansing the image but, still couldn't tell.

Only other thing I can think of looking at what I assume is the skinny barrel is it may be a pellet-gun and the C02 cylinder/cylinder holder maybe the flashlight/shiny tube appearing thing

Comment

um where exactly did you find this picture, and what the hell are they doing?

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
                um where exactly did you find this picture, and what the hell are they doing?
                Found it on a blog, but it was linked to yahoo news. It's one of a series of photos from an Iranian Women's Police graduation. There's a couple really funny photos I'll try to find again.

Edit:
                here is a video of the fine festivities

And some photos

And then of course, the photochopped mishap
                New to TG?

Comment

I asked about what kind of gun that was in the photo over at AR15.com (a bunch of gun nuts...) and the only response indicated that he thought it was an air pistol.

Here's the thread (Warning for language): http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=333302
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Okay, new trivia question. What's wrong with this picture?

New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                      Okay, new trivia question. What's wrong with this picture?
                      Well, the hearing protection won't be very effective over her "tactical burkha". She's not wearing eye protection. The cameraman is stupid to be standing in front of her pistol, even though her finger is well off the trigger. Hopefully it was done using a tripod and a delay....

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Ah, I see... Those are flashlights? I thought they were large smoothbore barrels!

Another link to the pic we're discussing (just in case...):
                        "I" thought they were bigass silencers ;)

Originally posted by IceCold
                        Well, the hearing protection won't be very effective over her "tactical burkha". She's not wearing eye protection. The cameraman is stupid to be standing in front of her pistol, even though her finger is well off the trigger. Hopefully it was done using a tripod and a delay....
                        woah, didn't think of that...good stuff ;)

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
                          She's also not going to be shooting to the best of her ability with her weak eye squinted shut so hard... Those muscles will tire and when they do, it will affect her dominant eye a bit.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            She's also not going to be shooting to the best of her ability with her weak eye squinted shut so hard... Those muscles will tire and when they do, it will affect her dominant eye a bit.
                            That's what jumped out at me. Good points also Icecold.
                            New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X