Makeup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup

I followed a random Youtube link and found this video. What's interesting is how much it reminded me of a well-done case mod howto. The girl presenting this gets down to very specific technique and part names and numbers.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMaLuI1uxc&feature=dir[/media]

I also find the girl looks a bit like Jessica Alba (in Fantastic Four), about halfway through. Even sounds like her.

Occasionally I see a TV show where the pre-teen daughter is chided for daring to use makeup, something only to be used by grownups. I'm not a fan of heavy makeup, so it strikes me that one should teach its use much like one teaches proper gun handling, to prevent abuse. Otherwise you get a teen who, once permitted to use it, applies it with a trowel.

BTW, I was reading a news story in the paper a few weeks ago about makeup magnate Jan Marini. A small sidebar of her interests listed computer games. It left me wondering what kind she liked.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/news/ci_11961574
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Makeup

I think she is in my top 5 of hottest girls on Youtube. It's hard to admit it but I've actually watched some of her videos and she makes them really interesting. I never knew anything about makeup until I saw one of her videos. lulz

Comment

So who are the other 4 of your top 5? ;)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

lol She's not all that without the makeup though...

Comment

I don't know. I think she is rather cute.

My daughter is just now wanting to use makeup (13). My wife who is very old school fought it until she came home with some goth style stuff on. Now my wife helps her put it on for special occasions.

Every time I go to her school or one of the functions I notice that some of her classmates just look way to old. Their makeup isn't bad, in fact most of it is pretty good. I just don't think 13 and 14 years old girls should look that way.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I think it's like any forbidden fruit, and knowledge is better than ignorance. So is moderation.

Comment

Wow amazing.....very interesting to see guys do look at make-up vids. I think it's awesome. My opinion on the posted vid....I think she did an awesome job. She's beautiful. I think even without the make up she is a very attractive girl but what I admire most of all is how she can change the simple/natural look to sexy. She got it down. Nicely done! :D
              |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by TG Latina View Post
                I think even without the make up she is a very attractive girl but what I admire most of all is how she can change the simple/natural look to sexy.
                I don't really think of the resulting look as more sexy (in the sense of erotic), as I think she's plenty sexy sans makeup. But I do like the result.

For simple attraction, I much prefer a "natural" look, and am turned off by the powdered-and-glowing look.

Comment

While watching the latest song in the favorite songs thread, I saw this in the sidebar:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GreQnPd6BA[/media]

Her southern accent gives it special charm.

Comment

What happened to just being natural?
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                      What happened to just being natural?
                      You don't want natural.
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I want artificial! Science makes everything better.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I do prefer the "girl next door" look. But if one must use makeup, one should use it well, not slather it on with a trowel out of peer pressure. Makeup should be subtle enhancement, unless one is deliberately attempting a circus look. In the right context, a circus look is ok, just like wild clothes can be ok. But even then, one should use good technique to avoid looking like it was done while half drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            I do prefer the "girl next door" look. But if one must use makeup, one should use it well, not slather it on with a trowel out of peer pressure. Makeup should be subtle enhancement, unless one is deliberately attempting a circus look. In the right context, a circus look is ok, just like wild clothes can be ok. But even then, one should use good technique to avoid looking like it was done while half drunk.
                            A slut at night and and angel in the morning. That is my motto.

Comment

Sounds good to me.
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X