X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] TGU Instructor Application

Hello TacticalGamers,

Do you think you have got what it takes?
    Are you interested in helping to build our community?
    Do you enjoy teaching?

If you think "yes" please reply in this thread.

TGU is open for recruitment!

Requirements:
    The only requirement is your; dedication, previous experience with giving presentations, and interest in the class based environment.

Application format as follows.

Forum name:
    Military experience (yes/no):
    Short statement:
    Timezone:
    Last edited by bolagnaise; 06-05-2013, 12:24 AM. Reason: Updated for TGU

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: TGU Instructor Application

Forum name: DeF
    Time in TG: 1 year
    Military experience (yes/no): No
    Short statement: I love playing ArmA and I want to help others enjoy it just as much as I do.
    Timezone: Central (CST/CDT)
    sigpic

Comment

Forum name: Garthra
      Time in TG: ?? (With TG tag, none. Playing on TG Arma Bravo, a few weeks.)
      Military experience (yes/no): no.
      Short statement:

I have an interest in teaching Arty and enjoy doing it. I would like to become a teacher because the more people know about arty and how to use it effectively, the more it can become part of TG's missions. I have heard a bit of chatter about people wanting to learn about it while I have been on the Bravo server, and would like to do my part to help those people learn. It seems to do that I must be a TGU instructor, so I am applying. As far as experience giving presentations, I have helped teach amateur improv comedy classes (really), have performed in many theatre shows and improvised comedy shows, have given countless academic presentations, and a few moot oral arguments (legal presentations). I believe I have the maturity necessary to teach a class, the experience in arty, and the desire to do so.

Timezone: East Coast, USA.
      Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM. Reason: Accepted into TGU
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Forum name: Charles Darwin
        Time in TG: a long time(I think since 2008)
        Military experience (yes/no): no, law enforcement and observation of military exercises though
        Short statement:

I would love to focus on the airborne aspects of ArmA2(and then 3), help better organize Close Air Support and Air raids. I have given 2 CAS classes before and written a CAS guide for the A-10. In the real world I am president of a non-profit that interacts with local and state legislators involving legislation and actions taken by government officials so I am not a n00b at presentations or instruction.

My paid job is as a guard on a military base in South Dakota that hosts the largest training excercises for the National Guard units in the United States. This provides me an awesome opportunity to watch first hand some of the largest exercises in the United States that involve everything from fighter jets to water purification as it is basically a mock war that they do for 2 weeks every year.

Timezone:Mountain(US)
        Last edited by Charles Darwin; 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Thanks for the application gents.

I will strive to catch you all at some point on TS.
          If that is not possible due to our schedules. I will send a pm to you all.

As for the application status, it is still open.
          So keep them coming!

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Forum name:Bolagnaise
            Time in TG:15+months?
            Military experience (yes/no): Yes, 7 years infantry
            Short statement: I have significant experience in teaching roles of military equipment. I am a fully qualified trade assessor within the OZ army. I have been deployed to Afghanistan twice, Iraq and east timor as a peacekeeper. I have significant experience in military comms,military weapons, and I am currently a specalist in electronic warfare against IEDs. I have been in multiple contacts against the Taliban so I have very good knowledge on infantry tactics. I have a limited experience in EOD. I believe I am suited to an instruction role because of my experiences.
            Timezone: EST +10
            Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM. Reason: Accepted into TGU, when Bola was born.
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former ARMA TGU instructor
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob
            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Thank you all for the applications.

I will get in touch with you all as soon as timely possible.

Ideally I would like to meet on TS. But PMs should suffice if that is not possible due to our timezone constraints.

Comment

Feel free to poke me anytime in TS. I am on most days. I will look for you.
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

I will look for ya Gartha :)

Comment

Oops Garthra.

Comment

Forum name: OPS
                      Time in TG: 1 year give or take a few years because of PR
                      Military experience (yes/no):Paramilitary Search and Rescue
                      Short statement: I have always enjoyed learning and would like to pass on my knowledge to others.
                      Timezone: Mountain Standard
                      Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM. Reason: Accepted into TGU

Comment

Forum name:LiquidCommander
                        Time in TG: 1 month
                        Military experience (yes/no): yes Mexican military
                        Short statement: Im willing to dedicate time to learn and teach to all members of the community, and treat them as the community has treated me
                        Timezone: Mountain time

Comment

Forum name: zilfondel
                          Time in TG: 9 months
                          Military experience (yes/no): no
                          Short statement: I find training invaluable. Although I consider myself an intermediate player in most regards, I would like to share my info/experience with new green players. I also have experience for over a year as a trainer/training coordinator for Google Apps. I feel that I could initially act as an assistant trainer in a TGU course to 'pick up the ropes,' and then later lead the occasional training session for some of the basic courses when needed.
                          Timezone: PST (-7 GMT right now)
                          "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                          -Einstein

Comment

Applications closed

Comment

Hey guys... Should we monitor this thread for updates -- in other words, does the application process open/close at various times depending on instructor turnover/attrition?
                              sigpic
                              I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X