Help with trying to start PR:ArmA2 TGU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with trying to start PR:ArmA2 TGU

The death of PR:BF2 @ TG sent me over to DayZ. DayZ and its unfinished state sent me back to ArmA2 Bravo and PR. PR:ArmA2 really captivated me once again and the influx of interest in DayZ has lent me some hope with PR:ArmA2 resurging before its rerelease on the ArmA3 platform a year from now.

To capitalize on this I think now is the time to start setting these courses up. The issue is that nothing exists for this game to work off of. I would like to learn from those instructors who knew what was important to document and teach in other titles.

Re: Help with trying to start PR:ArmA2 TGU

Thankfully PR Team made some tutorial videos and even included a PDF guide with the mod. Also Swedge made a quick guide as well.

PR:ArmA2 Video Tutorials

PR:ArmA 2 Official Manual

Swedge's Cheeky Bastard Strategy Guide
    sigpic

Comment

PR Arma is not currently supported by TG, the server has been taken down due to lack of regular sustainable interest, hence there would be little chance of a TGU course at this point in time.

Comment

Would I be allowed to host 'Learn PRA2' event squads on the RGG server coordinated through these forums?

Comment

Simply put, no. You can't effectively advertise for other Communities using TG forums, i.e. Supporting members money. This should be a no-brainer Ytman, it's so obviously wrong I am finding it hard to explain why. You'd effectively be enticing people away from TG.

If we hosted PR:Arma currently then we would run a course on our server, for TG.

Put it this way Ytman, when players do this sort of thing, ie recruiting for other servers, because that is what it would be indirectly, they get the Big Ban Hammer, they are disappeared lol.

Why not get involved in the Alpha and Bravo side of Arma at TG? I am sure Low would like more instructors and to be frank regular Arma offers way more content and scope than PR:Arma at this time, maps, weapons, functionality, ACE and ACRE. We should be looking to offer more courses for titles we do host, not advertising training for a game we don't on someone else's server.
          Last edited by Wicks; 08-24-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            Why not get involved in the Alpha and Bravo side of Arma at TG? I am sure Low would like more instructors and to be frank regular Arma offers way more content and scope than PR:Arma at this time, maps, weapons, functionality, ACE and ACRE. We should be looking to offer more courses for titles we do host, not advertising training for a game we don't on someone else's server.
            ARMA2 + OA, would definitely welcome any players and specially players such as yourself. Also, yes. Low would like more TGU instructors to fill the other titles being hosted in TG including ARMA2.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X