Basic Training Completion badges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Training Completion badges

So you want self starters ABRA? Ill be on this...it suits my artistic nature to produce something visual anyway.

First off ill be contacting Bommando and JMJ asap to see who is in charge of the other ribbon system and make shure were not stepping on toes here then ill most like ly try to create a badge system for TGU Ribbons are awards given for acts in battle as badges are earned through training so this seems to work to me.

Ill post again after my dentists appointment this morning.

Re: Basic Training Completion badges

I did a bit of work to come up with two basic designs here.( theyre WIP)

First is for us, the DIs a badge/ribbon to wear in our sigs to show we teach and lead

This is the same size as the other ribbons and should fit right into the modular sigs most of us already have.

Second is the Expert Infantry badge.

This could be awarded to any who complete the Basic Training Modules and should only be handed out by either ABRA or, if he decides, us DIs

Now these are preliminary and i need to get with bommando (who is in charge of the ribbon system) To make sure I'm not stepping on his toes but i don't see why this cant be implemented asap.

Comment

this is a great idea freeky.. but there already is a DI badge

vvvv (the green one)

Comment

Oh.......Well.....I suppose we could use that one ...or maybe the TGU instructors could have a seperate one...I dont know...maybe we should vote on that. Personally I like the black one better...its based on the Marine Corps one

And black is slimming :)

Comment

Freaking good hustle freekyE! Color the drill sgt. impressed! Hoo-rah! Tell Bom or JMJ when you contact them that you are representing TGU with ABRA's support.

Anyone who instructs Saturday will be receiving the TG green and tan instructor badge per my nomination barring of course any unforeseen MISCONDUCT. For some of you this could be gold star time. As for a distinct TGU instructor badge, I think such unit-specific insignia that duplicate existing ribbons should be separate from the ribbon like the various in house insignia used in avatars. Possibly a scroll that reads "TGU Instructor" like the Ranger or Airbourne scroll found around other insignia on Army uniforms.

As for the infantry badge, I think we should have an insignia for participants that indicates any programs they have completed. Possibly even indicating module progress. Much like the ribbon with stars and eventually a gold border, this would be an incremental progression of the same basic insignia. With each increment representing another program completed: TGU Basic, Advanced Infantry, Armor, Helo, Jet, SL, CO, Airborne Infantry, Mech Infantry, etc. etc. if and when those programs are offered.

But again before we have our ribbon ice cream, I want to make sure everyone finishes their Saturday lesson plan vegetables.
          Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
          live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
          Friend me!

Comment

First comes dinner, then comes desert ;).

Comment

MMmmmmm ice cream.

SO, say this is the first infantry badge...then you get the combat laurel as you advance then maybe add some gold to the badge and so on for the infantry badges.... i could easily make badges for armor, helo and fast mover courses.....and of course we could have badges for the CO training as well

I am absolutely looking forward to saturday and teaching.

Comment

Could we just do a variation of the existing ribbons for those areas? Like put a border around them or put something on them to distinguish them as TGU ribbons.

Comment

The Thing is....We (in my opinion) need to differentiate from the regular ribbons. Those are earned through exemplory conduct in whatever field a person is nominated for.

Thats kinda why i went with badges. The badges can be earned by anyone with the patience and tenacity it takes to complete a training course in TGU
                  Much less work i would think than im pressing someone enough to actually write up a ribbon nomination. So i dont want our rewards easily confused with the ribbons simply out of respect for the ribbon holders themselves

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
                    The Thing is....We (in my opinion) need to differentiate from the regular ribbons. Those are earned through exemplory conduct in whatever field a person is nominated for.

Thats kinda why i went with badges. The badges can be earned by anyone with the patience and tenacity it takes to complete a training course in TGU
                    Much less work i would think than im pressing someone enough to actually write up a ribbon nomination. So i dont want our rewards easily confused with the ribbons simply out of respect for the ribbon holders themselves

I know what you're saying, but I think they should be the same size/shape/style as the current ribbons. Notice how the kit ribbons (and campaign ribbons) are all the same style? I suggest we should do the same for the TGU ribbon set. Have the same pattern for all of them, but with different colors for different modules.

edit: here are some for inspiration: http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/army2.shtml (and bom - if you have any input on this, please do speakup)

Comment

Does TG use the ribbons that are currently used by the military?

If so, the link that WhiskySix gave leads to this:
                      Army Service Ribbon (I couldn't post the link 'cuz I have less than 15 posts)

This is the ribbon you get after Army basic. Wouldn't it do?

Comment

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/asr.shtml

Comment

Well, it wouldve done....if id known about it about a month ago......

Im not military....my father is but i really dont know much about ribbons/medals/badges. So i went with one that A) looked cool and B) seemed to fit the idea.....so, the EIB did the job.

Note, The EIB badge i award is the exact same size as the ribbons awarded elsewhere on TG.....meaning, it will fit just fine into your set o ribbons if need be.

Comment

It would just be for style reasons so it fit in with the rest of the bunch. What would be cool is if we took the regular ribbons, such as armor, and overlaid the rifle in the TGU ribbon like we do with stars to denote a higher rank.

Comment

I kinda like thew 'modular' idea....but wouldnt a rifle on an armor badge look a little out of place? or CO.....or medic?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X