TGU class for COD4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU class for COD4?

Any thoughts on holding a TGU class for some of us COD4 noobs?

I for one would welcome the learning opportunity.

Thanks

Re: TGU class for COD4?

To be honest with you, CoD4 is doesn't really need TGU. CoD4 is a more of a practice makes perfect type thing, well for me at least;)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I could see a course in movement. A lot of guys are running around or walking and making a ton of noise. I don't know if they realize just how much.

Comment

dead silence perk is awesome, just make sure that you are crouching to become Sam Fisher
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Dead silence is amazing. I love it, its now one of my favorite perks for when playing in hardcore mode. UAV jammer is very slick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
            dead silence perk is awesome, just make sure that you are crouching to become Sam Fisher
            When crouched you don't make any noise anyways...

But yeah, you can't get good at this game, you can only suck slightly less.

Comment

no duh, I forgot to put "...Sam Fisher if you don't have that perk yet"

Comment

I don't know if anyone is seriously considering this idea still but I'd sign up for one.

On another note. I'd still like to see the medic course for the BF series. :)

Comment

We can have classes on room entry? Maybe some classes on sniping(positioning and hitting a moving target). What about formations and tactics for S&D?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

I think this can all be done. If someone wants to step up and teach, by all means. We can arrange this.

Comment

Does anyone who knows about room entry want to volunteer. I think that would be one of the better skills learned since atm room entry is more of a hit or miss thing.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

I don't know if anyone remembers me. Anyway I initiated TGU many moons ago and am responsible for the module format among other things. TGU was developed and perpetuated by others after I had to leave it quite soon after I initiated it. They deserve the real credit. I mention this only as a brief introduction.

Anyway, I used to teach room entry and all that stuff, but I only play Xbox360 now and no longer have a PC. I'm posting because I was wondering if TacticalGamer was doing anything with console yet? In any event if anyone would like, I would be happen to do this on Xbox.

I miss the TG community when I am on Xbox Live. I'm trying to break into the clan community but it just isn't the same. Can anyone point me toward TG's console presence?
                        Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                        live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                        Friend me!

Comment

link to the 360 forum

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/xbox-xbox-360-discussion/

Comment

Originally posted by ABRA View Post
                            I don't know if anyone remembers me. Anyway I initiated TGU many moons ago and am responsible for the module format among other things. TGU was developed and perpetuated by others after I had to leave it quite soon after I initiated it. They deserve the real credit. I mention this only as a brief introduction.

Anyway, I used to teach room entry and all that stuff, but I only play Xbox360 now and no longer have a PC. I'm posting because I was wondering if TacticalGamer was doing anything with console yet? In any event if anyone would like, I would be happen to do this on Xbox.

I miss the TG community when I am on Xbox Live. I'm trying to break into the clan community but it just isn't the same. Can anyone point me toward TG's console presence?
                            Good to hear from you ABRA and know your doing ok.

As for COD4, Yes, there can always be a class to get newer people up to speed on teamwork and the basics on infantry. I don't have anyone at teh moment that can devlope a training module for TGU and COD4 but I'm open to suggestions and will need a instructor who is playing and plans on playing COD4 for awhile.
                            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                            and where all members
                            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Sounds good. I think I'll try and form a base squad first to get a core of players practicing with some regularity. Once that squad has got some training down we could start holding some classes on the tactics we have practiced.

Check the main Xbox forum for the squad sign-up for a TGU practice squad.
                              Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                              live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                              Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse