TGU badge info and ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU badge info and ideas?

I was just wondering if any previous TGU grads or admins themselves could explain to me, i read on the badge sticky, it says only wear one at a time. whats wrong with wearing all of them, to show you have passed different sections, such as pilot and infantry and sl etc.. or does it mean you cant have basic and advance on there?
    if it is the case that one only, why not make it so you can display all achieved badges.. or maybe a section of your profile page where you can have them all displayed for personal gloating uses :P

thanks..

Re: TGU badge info and ideas?

I wondered the same thing. I am not sure why they only want you to wear one badge. I've done the basic infantry and SL courses but only wear the SL one. I can more than understand not wearing, say the basic and advanced infantry course, given that be completion of the advance course infers that you also completed the basic course. I would love to wear both to show that I have participated in more than one.

Perhaps this rule could be changed/updated. Maybe rule saying that you can only have the basic badges, meaning a badge for each course completed. Upon completely the advanced course, the basic badge should be replace the advanced one. Seem like this would be a much better rule. At least IMO anyway.

Comment

Might be because some of the Members have been in so many Scrims and been awarded so many ribbons, that they would exceed the max alllowed sig size.

But thats just my strange idea...

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

but for people who have none :/ or like 1. i have none... but having a load of tgu things would be good
        :P.

and yeah machowner thats what i mean.

Comment

TGU isn't about badges and bling. TGU is about learning & teaching, Although we do award the badges so you can show your chosen area of expertise. But I don't want to bog classes down for people who want badges. I want people to show up becasue they want to learn something. By holding the badge restriction in place this will filter out badge hunters.

I'm also asking some instructers about running some classes soon. Keep a eye out for the next month.
          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
          and where all members
          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

no, jeese, people always comment about that when i say stuff like this :/..

i dont mean for people who might want "bling" i mean for people who want to learn, and be proud of, the achievements they have acomplished. if you understand my meaning.

personally, if i didnt get any ribbon from it it would be fine, id still like to attend. but yeah, i like the ribbon feature, and the whole awards feature like in battlefield, because it gives you a sense of acomplishment and makes you proud. and tbh id like to be able to show that off to the full. i mean, yeah some people have loads, and it doesnt want to be bogged down, but people who dont, i dont see the harm really.

could set a rule saying if you have over a certain amount of other ribbons, your not allowed to show more then one TGU ribbon, i think that would work, or maybe somewhere on your profile that allows you to show all of them regardless of whats in your sig...

thats what i mean :)

and yeah ill keep an eye out for those courses.

Comment

Ya know, I'm reminded of something the U.S. military has: Badges for marksmanship and skills. They've got 'em for everything, from your M16 to the M203 to Air Assault and beyond. And of course, if you're an expert in more than one of these systems, you have the little badge to show it. So is what you're saying that the TGU badges should be more like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badges_...ed_States_Army
              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I'll take this into advisement. Be we need to generate more demand in classes for TGU. Things are kinda light at the moment since we ran 3 basics back to back. A Advanced infantry is in development and being tested on PoE soon. Hopefully this'll work out well and roll it out for 2142 soon.

IMI, I hate to say it, but 2 of the recent 3 classes you signed up for you didn't show up. That also has to be taken into account. 50% of the people who sign up, don't make the class. Either call out or no-show. I need classes to be someone large groups. I can't ask a instructor to kill 2 hours of his free time on 3-5 people. If they are willing, thats up to them. But I'm not going to force a class until I get some demand. I recive a random PM for a class here and there. But thats about it. In fact, I'm gonna start a new thread for class demand. Maybe this'll drive some more business.
                The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                and where all members
                would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
                  TGU isn't about badges and bling. TGU is about learning & teaching, Although we do award the badges so you can show your chosen area of expertise. But I don't want to bog classes down for people who want badges. I want people to show up becasue they want to learn something. By holding the badge restriction in place this will filter out badge hunters.
                  I just want to learn to not, i repeat not die.

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

ive never applied for a class, if that was aimed at me eroak :/
                    " you never showed up "

anyway, ive not done basic training so advanced would need to wait wouldnt it?..

and no IMI-50AE i didnt mean like you said really. but it could also be taken into account.

Comment

I would love to attend classes in TGU for BF2142, except there is the problem that by the time I remember to look for the classes in the TGU boards (not accessed by any sub-board group except 'main forums') the signups have come, gone, and classes are already in session.

Perhaps if you made a more public announcement it would help people like me who are chronically forgetful of the little out-of-the-way things. That...and I spend more time in TG-WoW anyways since BF2142 is more of a side thing. ^_^
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Maybe you should also restrict admission to the classes to players that will benefit the most? Most of the IHS for example do their own training and know pretty much about the games they play.

Or am i missing the point of the TGU classes here?

Comment

As an IHS member, I know that I would jump at the opportunity to attend even a Basic Infantry class. Just because we hold our own practices doesn't mean we should be precluded from participating in TGU classes, IMO

DaBrit

By Any Means
                          [/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
                            ... I don't want to bog classes down for people who want badges. I want people to show up becasue they want to learn something. By holding the badge restriction in place this will filter out badge hunters.
                            This is the answer to all your questions.

Great words.
                            sigpic
                            "All wars are fought for money" (Socrates, 470-399 BC)
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of the war" (Plato, 427-347 BC)
                            "We make war that we may live in peace" (Aristotle, 384-322 BC)

Comment

In reply to the needs voiced in this thread:

I will bring the issue of "ribbons" to the content development team with the possible idea of having a 'mini' section of ribbons set below your avatar for TGU only where as service ribbons can stay with the sig. No promises though, it just may not be possible - period.

As for people who wish to attend a class and then not show up I would say that they loose the chance to enrole in the next available class.

To those who are just plain forgetful like myself and Tarenth perhaps one of the TGU staff could send a mass PM to those enrolled the day before as a reminder - that is if it's not too much trouble of course.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X