Question regarding Basic Infantry classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Basic Infantry classes

After Bagheera used the shock paddles on the 2142 basic infantry class thread, I noticed in the
    first post the following:

"those members that are not actively participating in a TG In-House squad or the Irregulars will be given preference above those that are currently enrolled in TG In-House Squads. This is specifically for the Basic Infantry module because the In-House squad should be providing this level of training to their members."

I understand the reasoning for this, however, when reading the SOP: TGU Training Badges thread, I came across this:

"Basic infantry must be passed or signed off on by a instructor before any advanced/specialized class can be attended. "

The first rule then gets in the way of IHS members attending any other TGU class. If it is not my place to make a suggestion (as I've not attended any TGU class), I apologize, but it would seem to make more sense to either remove the Basic Infantry requirement for IHS members, or give them the same priority as other Supporting Members for the Basic Infantry class.

DaBrit

By Any Means
    [/url]

Re: Question regarding Basic Infantry classes

That's what the sign-off is for. If a player is deemed to contain 95% of the knowledge of basic, they can be passed without having to take the class. So far this hasn't happened as of yet, but if a person requests it, it will be investigated and tested first before they are passed on the basic.

IHS's provided basic came from BF2 and a core knowledge from years of playing. Most of the players in the IHS's were in for some great time and had this knowledge. BF2142 is different and doesn't follow this as well. All the IHS's currently playing 2142 are all much newer squads and don't follow TGU's guideline. No one has ever contacted me on providing info for TGU to IHS SOP's and training.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Re: Question regarding Basic Infantry classes

So, if I'm reading you correctly, as IHS catering to BF2142 don't have the history and establishment of other IHS, and don't follow TGU guidelines, it does not make sense to grant IHS members a "waiver" on the 2142 Basic Infantry classes.

If this is the case, then would it be possible to remove the preferential selection of non-IHS members to the Basic Infantry class?

I'm not sure if this should be in a PM or not -- PM me if it should :p

DaBrit

By Any Means
      [/url]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed