Advanced Infantry TGU session AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Infantry TGU session AAR

Thanks to all the participants (I don't think I forgot anyone).

In no specific order:

The OPFOR:

|TG-X|cola88
    |TG-X| Grunt
    |TG-X|JohnFlenaly

The CLASS:

|TG-E1st|Superfast
    |TG-E1st|Disciple
    |TG-3rd| Aruncado
    |TG-E1st|Jevski
    |TG-X| Elwenil
    TG-E1st [FIN]Kebab-Kastike
    |TG-X|llPANCHOll
    |TG-E1st|Skylark.is
    |TG-X|Finestyle
    |TG|Clodhopper

I have to sort through a few Gigabytes of fraps footage, once I'm done, I'll post a video. I'll include some BFR footage. I hpoe to have this done during the week.

DB
    Last edited by Dick Blonov; 02-10-2008, 04:53 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Re: Advanced Infantry TGU session AAR

Yeah indeed, very fun session. I've got to learn bit more about squadleading and will definedly use fireteams in future.

I've got to say sorry about the 2nd non-leathal round. Someone first killed the squadleader then my buddy and I thought it was leathal-force (there was bit confusion around it) and I started slaughtering everyone on the OPFOR team.

The last leathal round was awsome. I again noticed that medic class is my cup of cake when I took the kit from Aruncado and took his job on Disciple's fire team.
    Yeah and to OPFOR, indeed your C4 didnt go off too early, actually too late, we were 20m off that C4 when it exploded. We didnt go trough the gate, we hopped over the fence, hugging the building wall.

It was awsome stuff and I truly learned the power of having squad in fire-teams when engaging such CP.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...4b29aa69e7.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...a4f3aad40e.jpg

Thanks to all fellows that made it happen!

Comment

Was fun and very informitive.

One suggestion for next time, don't ask for volunters or let the troops choose anything just tell us whos doing what and how. We lost a lot of time desiding whos SL, whos grenadire, how goes first, etc

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by LoveSkylark View Post
        We lost a lot of time desiding whos SL, whos grenadire, how goes first, etc
        Agreed. This is the second time I run this class, and it needs some tweaking. Keep the feedback coming!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I bet you guys learned a lot! My experience in Blonov's last class was excellent! Good information, and fun person to learn from.
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

May want to pull me off of that list, since I was really only there for the first 10-15 minutes :/
            -

Comment

I espesicaly found learning about the grendier kit usefull, since i've never used it myself or, seen it used often in squads. However as Skylark surgested I think alot of people were either to shy or to polite to order others round at first so maybe in future just tell people to pick up which kits.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah great class.

Things that could be improved.

1. more decivness. Just tell people what to do, dont leave it up to the sqds.
                And that goes for the sqd leaders as well.

2. Perhaps a little about communication too. I often found that when I gave an order that I didnt get a copy back. Its frustrating to have to repeat an order because it has not been heard, or accepted. We had some problems at the beginning when training bounding overwatch, when to move and when to cover.

3. Give the overall order ie. assault, defend etc. And then let the sqd sort out the details before they more in. Perhaps have the sqd leader tell you what their plan and fallback plan is, and come with suggestions or questions to that plan.
                That was one thing I found out that I need to be more specific about the assault plan before we get to the hot zone. Its too late, to start who to cover where when we are under fire.

4. Again better com between fireteams. I was at the 2nd assault(livefire) unsure of from whom and if I got an order to go from the south end. These things need to be spelled out before the assault. Ie. "Fireteam Alpha. Fireteam Bravo has reached destination, begin assault.

But all in all a great class. Since I usualy play medic, I liked that lesson that the rest of the team should cover the wounded, and have the grenadier smoke, since that smoke builds up faster, which again gives the medic more time to revieve.

/Jev

Comment

First of all, excellent class!

Looks like most of the relevant stuff has been mentioned, but i'll mention the most important ones that i feel would have made the class go smoother and with less confusion for all.

1. Instructor should decide the roles, kits and size of squads, fireteams etc and call it out. This would have made the class go smoother.
                  2. Instructor explainins/suggests usage of comms (alpha/bravo team, covering, moving etc) and a vocal practice before commencing the fireteam movement practice.

The E1st will look to train more on fireteams internally after this. Especially breaking formation under fire and better comms are what we will consider adding to our ongoing training.

Also sorry for being a bit distracted at times, i had RL distractions in the background for the whole session.

Thanks to both instructor and classmates for a great session!

Comment

Been really busy this week. I need to go through a few things before posting a class completion notice. Make room for the ribbon ;)

DB

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                      Been really busy this week. I need to go through a few things before posting a class completion notice. Make room for the ribbon ;)

DB
                      Will do :)

Comment

First ever gaming class i have seen.
                        Great job!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement