Adv. SL for 2142

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adv. SL for 2142

An advanced squad leading class is under devlopment at this time with TGU. This class looks like it will be in multiple sessions and be very limited in students. This class will be very indepth and live testing will take place. There is no ETA but we are going to shoot within a months time. Sign ups might be restricted but I wont have details until later. Stay tuned!
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Re: Adv. SL for 2142

Sounds good :)

Comment

What about the regular SL course? Will that be a prereq, and if so, when will it be available again?

Comment

sc1ence will have the details on this one. I'm not even sure as of yet.
        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
        and where all members
        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

To stop speculation.
          :)

TGU will be offering a 2142 specific SL course. The course will be a 1 hour formal instruction focusing on standard 2142 squad leading tactics from the basics to fairly advanced map specific tactics. Following this formal course students are expected to demonstrate proficiency by leading a TGU squad in a live fire exercise on the Conquest server under evaluation conditions. The TGU instructor will be in the squad and will provide feedback over teamspeak after live fire exercises.

Each course is expected to last about a week. Students are expected to be fairly dedicated 2142 players with 8+ hours of playtime a week.

At the end of the course, students will be expected to be proficient squad leaders for 2142.

No prior TGU training is required. We will give preference to anyone that has taken previous TGU courses but all are welcome to apply. Acceptance into the course offered for that week is at the discretion of the instructor. The kind of people we are looking for are those of you who really want to squad lead but don't really know how to do so effectively. Students will be hand picked from sign ups based on need and experience.

I will be offering the first go round in training but other TGU instructors may pick up it as the kinks are worked out. Sign ups for the course will be offered within a day or two of this post. Training will take place on Mon, Wed and Friday evenings for the most part. Individual training is also available on a time limited basis.

We may open the formal training up to a large number of people and then limit the live fire training time to a few individuals. It all depends on interest and instructor time. We will do what we think is best for the community.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Awesome--thanks, guys. :)

Comment

Sign ups for this will be going up vry soon. The course is complete. We will be offering a 2142 Squad leading course that will cover all aspects of squad leading.

The course is designed for players that are capable squad members that want to make the leap to squad leading and for squad leaders that want to dramatically improve their skills.

The class will be formal instruction on a closed server. The class should last roughly 2-3 hours with a short break half way through. The class will consist of lecture/ demonstration followed by practice.

Graduates of the course can then sign up for live fire practice on the conquest server with the instructor and other graduates. Live fire practice will consist of students taking turns leading a squad followed by a discussion on teamspeak. Live fire practice is informal but focused.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I really hope this is offered while I'm still in the country. The description of the course being for "capable squad members wanting to make the leap to squad leading" is a perfect description of why I'd want to take part. I can only hope and keep fingers crossed!

sigpic

Donate Blood. Ask for a gun and a bucket.

Comment

This course is nearly ready to go. Exploding silver jumped on board 2 days ago and we are putting our heads together to make sure this course is perfect. I would anticipate the sign ups being posted within a day or two and a course to be held next weekend.

Comment

see here for announcement: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ing-class.html

Comment

ok, so let me see if I got this right. The 2142 conquest mode SL course is complete. Is that also going to be considered as the basic SL course? Either way, will it be the prerequisite to this Adv. SL course? Then after the Adv. class, one can take the map specific courses? Or would one be able to take the Map Specific course after the Conquest mode SL course?

Comment

I need to talk over some things with eroak first before I can answer some of your questions.

The map specific course has the 2142 SL course as a requirement or permission of the instructor. The map specific course will be held roughly every other week. the 2142 squad leading course will be held about once a month.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X