X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU CS:S Version

Is this possible?
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: TGU CS:S Version

Probably.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Its possible but we need a teacher I elect Sparhawx.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

Firstly you need something to teach, I mean the game play is quite basic in CSS not to many overly complicated controls.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
          Firstly you need something to teach, I mean the game play is quite basic in CSS not to many overly complicated controls.
          There's many thing's you can teach
          Good tactics
          Comm's
          Leadership
          Maybe just tactics of certain maps.
          Even what gun is best for what map.
          It could all be teached.
          If any one was to do it I would elect sparhawk as well. =]
          Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

All I need is a instructor.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I nominate Yougotsmoked, Sparhawkx and Disciple (i might be dissqualified since he is a fellow ihs member, but i feel he could be the right man if interested) to make a general TG CSS intro course!

Comment

I thought about this, and I really didn't think that there could be a decent 'intro' course.. it a point a shoot game, crouch for more accuracy, and there are good tactics on certain maps... but I didn't think we could do a 'Accomplished 'Mapname" ribbon..

Leadership is probably the only ribbon i can see coming from TGU.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                  I thought about this, and I really didn't think that there could be a decent 'intro' course.. it a point a shoot game, crouch for more accuracy, and there are good tactics on certain maps... but I didn't think we could do a 'Accomplished 'Mapname" ribbon..

Leadership is probably the only ribbon i can see coming from TGU.
                  There's many ribbons that can come from TGU. Rofl Medic? Using band aid correctly? lol

Comment

Did you just contradict yourself?

Comment

TGU CS:S would actually be pretty interesting and would probably fit under the Advanced Assault/Infantry catagory. Unless you want to make an entirely new catagory for urban style CQC.

I wouldn't mind watching a recording of the class if they went over real SWAT style tactics in CS.

Stacking. Bounding Overwatch. Suppression. Breach. So many interesting tactics that could be taught. Cover strafing too since CS makes use of the Halflife engine to have bullet penetration.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Theres no suppression in CSS, or cover fire for that matter. Just hope that your partner kills him before he kills you.

Comment

I personally think that there could be a use for the class. i know for one thing that i have asked the PCS admins about classes, i got the same answers here kinda.......not a lot to teach just ask questions in the matches if you have any. but i know that some of the maps that we play would benifit people. actually understanding the tactics of CQC. i think that if we teach people it would bring such a different type of play style to css. also, heres a thoughtwhat about haveing a really indepth class that the admins put together allowing people to get pcs ribbons and allow them to be pcs players. i know that some of the people that i play with; with a little teaching..and i do mean little, would be great members of the pcs community. i know that it is an ELITE tittle and the standereds are really high, but i do belive that the people that we have playing on the server are ab;le to step up to the challange. but i do think that spar, disciple, and anyother pcs person would be qualified. please help the rest of us out that want to learn and grow our tactical skills

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                            There's many ribbons that can come from TGU. Rofl Medic? Using band aid correctly? lol
                            Apparently you do not realise that TGU isn't only one game. Actually quite recently, we hosted a Basic Medic Course for PR, and boy, it was not something to laugh at. Believe it or not, here at TGU, we use these things.. called TACTICS and apply them to everything we do on the battlefield. Using a band aid correctly isn't hard. Using one on a bleeding soldier while under fire is TGU.

I've played CSS for a good amount of time. I'd say there's definately tactics involved, a good amount are surprisingly basic survival skills. Like Eroak said, we need an instructor to write up a course of CSS, as well as one to teach it.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                              Apparently you do not realise that TGU isn't only one game. Actually quite recently, we hosted a Basic Medic Course for PR, and boy, it was not something to laugh at. Believe it or not, here at TGU, we use these things.. called TACTICS and apply them to everything we do on the battlefield. Using a band aid correctly isn't hard. Using one on a bleeding soldier while under fire is TGU.

I've played CSS for a good amount of time. I'd say there's definately tactics involved, a good amount are surprisingly basic survival skills. Like Eroak said, we need an instructor to write up a course of CSS, as well as one to teach it.

I definitely agree with you. And even though I have been playing CS and CSS since well, CS 1.0 came out when i was like 11, i would still be interested in learning more about the TG style of play... This would be even more of an addition to the TG community and the CSS sect of TG... Please do keep this in mind, and I would be glad to help with anything that I can... also, the addition of PCS to my name would be awesome...
                              Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence in ALL We Do!

United States Air Force ROTC Det. 590 UNC-Chapel Hill

Instructor of the infamous TGU CS:S Division! Semper Fi
                              If you are interested in TGU Please

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...