X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pins

Hi,

I wanted to go for a realistic pin system:

Could do more, but I think this covers all the ones we already need. I can take any special requests also :)

I have them in PNG format with transparency. Original files are much larger but I guess this size is good for TG sigs!

Cheers,

Nix

Re: New pins

My intent is to get the current pin system fully populated before making any major changes to it.

I would have to discuss major overhauls like these with Eroak and the staff before doing something of that magnititude. I also need to check in with the BigC to make sure anything we do offically on pins does not conflict with the forthcoming policy on signatures:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1446456
    sigpic

Comment

I really like the pins nix........Please keep us up to date T.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Go with Nixon's pins, T-Man! :D

Comment

This will have to go up for discussion in the TGU admin forum.....

The idea is good, just have to discuss it.
          sigpic

Comment

FWIW, I place 100 votes for Nixon's pins!

I was going to lay out my points here, but I will check TGU Admin forum and make my argument there, unless there is no discussion on it there, in which case I will be back here to lay out said points.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Pin changes should be discussed in the TGU admin forum please. It is a lot of work to get it set up and change management should be done with the admin team.
              sigpic

Comment

Any updates, did I do this for nothing?

Comment

I wasn't really looking for a total re-vamp of the system, I really just needed a few pins to flesh out the current system. There has been a long debate about this, and it is tied to the main ribbon system that is currently winding down from a rather large debate and uphevial. I won't consider changing the current pin system at least for several months, and only after talking it over with Ribbons and the TGU staff. I think you should save your work, as it is good and should be considered. Just not the right time to make a major change of that magnititude.

I appreciate your work and will keep it in the pocket for discussion in coming months on the pin system. I like the designs and the overall idea. Just need to staff it properly and make a final call on it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by |TG-Irr|Nixon View Post
                    Any updates, did I do this for nothing?
                    Creativity in any form is never a waste of time. Men that think and dream are the foundation of learning and advancement. Without inspired thought, where would we be as a civilization?

I appreciate your work, and either way, it is good stuff.

T
                    sigpic

Comment

Rgr mate,

Well PM if there is anuy developpement.

Nix

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                        Creativity in any form is never a waste of time. Men that think and dream are the foundation of learning and advancement. Without inspired thought, where would we be as a civilization?

I appreciate your work, and either way, it is good stuff.

T
                        If you must turn a man down, now that is the way to do it. ;)

You are a class act, T-Man. :)
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We are currently discussing the issue in the TGU admin forum. I should have a decision on a way forward soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

If I might suggest.....how about the CMB and EFMB?
                            **Ne Molesti Te Deprimant**

Comment

Originally posted by reforger View Post
                              If I might suggest.....how about the CMB and EFMB?
                              As it is now, there is really no need for these two pins as everyone would have them. Same if we had the Combat Infantry Badge. The purpose for the current ribbons/badges is to show that, that particular player has gone above the normal gaming route to further either their TG knowledge or the community. With the two you mentioned, everyone would get it for doing any kind of patch job in game and it would then lose some of its luster. Same as it has in real life. Every medic gets one now, so they dont mean what they used to.

With the EFMB the requirements are those that really arent supported in any other game but ArmA. In all other games with medics its pretty straight forward push a button zap them with paddles. With ArmA, however, with ACE you actually have to use Epi, and morphine, and can use litters to move casualties. This would more than likely be the only game that could support it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X