X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Request - Supporting Arms

Game: Arma 2 w/ ACE & Acre
    Class: Artillery, Close Air Support & Fast Air
    Time: Evenings for North American players, perhaps a bit earlier to include European/UK.

Would love to get a good class on how calling artillery, close air & fast air works in this game. We were playing on Domination yesterday and it was an issue (until Dimitrius came in and sorted us all out ;) ) that having any of these quickly would have helped complete the mission much more efficiently.

What's the proper format for calling stuff in to the FOO/JTAC, as a recce team member or squad/platoon leader? Then, what's the procedure the FOO/JTAC goes through within the game menus to actually make that happen?

Thanks in advance,
    Bloggins
    sigpic Armed Assault
    MCpl Bloggins

Hello MCpl Bloggins,

Thanks for the request. I will check with my schedule and get back to you ASAP.

Ideally I'd like to break these courses into smaller categories of their own. Due to depth and the time that is needed.

So you are mainly interested with forward observer (artillery), JTAC (fixed wing) correct?

Regards,
    LowSpeedHighDrag
    TGU-I

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Class Request - Supporting Arms

Artillery is the primary one that I'm personally interested in. Main reason is that if we have a decent pilot, we can kind of rough the JTAC and CAS, but artillery is a whole other system that needs to be taught.

Not sure what others would like to see.

Regards,
      Bloggins
      sigpic Armed Assault
      MCpl Bloggins

Comment

For now, Bloggins, check out the Artillery guide in my signature. I have most of the information on regards to Indirect Fire Requests. If there's enough interest I'll see about re-reworking my courses to include the new ACE Mortars system. Chances are these new Indirect Fire Courses will be composed of several parts to lower the singular amount of commitment required as the previous instances have been quite long courses.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Thanks a bunch, mate.
          sigpic Armed Assault
          MCpl Bloggins

Comment

I have plans of doing a series of 3 to 4 classes for fixed wing CAS this winter focusing mainly on the a-10

1. taking off, navigation, landing(including getting ArmA's settings correct for flying)
            2. weapons familiarization(guns, rockets, cbu, mk82, gbu)
            3. JTAC training(including a stationary a-10 in the air facing a target city that students will be moved into and then pick out targets based on a JTAC call)
            4. Putting it all together(students pair off into groups and work together to call in/mark/destroy targets.

These classes will have a strict limit of 4 students per class and must be taken in order. This is based off prior experience with trying to cram all of this into one lesson, it just takes too long and there is too much interest so we end up with a ton of people who are all at different skill levels.

Joystick or gamepad will also be required.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

If you like LowSpeed I have come across some documents regarding fire mission (artillery) and 9 line (Cas) for support if you are interested or I can make some documents

Comment

Hello LiquidCommander,

I already have those materials covered.
                However, you can send me the links to them.

Thanks

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I would be interested in the JTAC and artillery side myself.

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                  I have plans of doing a series of 3 to 4 classes for fixed wing CAS this winter focusing mainly on the a-10

1. taking off, navigation, landing(including getting ArmA's settings correct for flying)
                  2. weapons familiarization(guns, rockets, cbu, mk82, gbu)
                  3. JTAC training(including a stationary a-10 in the air facing a target city that students will be moved into and then pick out targets based on a JTAC call)
                  4. Putting it all together(students pair off into groups and work together to call in/mark/destroy targets.

These classes will have a strict limit of 4 students per class and must be taken in order. This is based off prior experience with trying to cram all of this into one lesson, it just takes too long and there is too much interest so we end up with a ton of people who are all at different skill levels.

Joystick or gamepad will also be required.
                  That would be great! And winter would work well for a lot of people, I think.

Have joystick, do travel.
                  "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                  -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X