• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request

I would like to request the following courses

Fixed wing flying
    rotary wing flying
    Landing in an enemy occupied area (including fast-roping)
    artillery aiming and firing (types of rounds and their uses etc.)

if we could get them classes it would be great to hear

we always seem to have an artillery piece in BRAVO but almost no-one knows how to use it and I really don't want it to gather dust

if there are any courses currently on these specific ideas please inform me

continue the great work at the TGU
    -Crazi
    sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Re: Request

Crazi,

Thank you for your interest in TGU! Sorry for the delay in response but it is the holidays, and many of us are busy visiting friends and family. This means a bit of lag on forum response times.

It sounds like we have classes currently in development in the pipe for a lot of what you have in mind. Ops is currently working on an air assault course which would cover the fast roping elements and other aspects of air insertions. I myself am currently working on a forward observer course (aiming arty from the ground forces perspective). The forward observer course should be ready in early January. I cannot speak for Ops or the other instructors on when the other courses will be done with development. Please be patient as we develop these courses on our free time, and it often takes dozens of hours to prepare a quality course.

But, we can offer you arty courses presently. TGU currently has basic arty courses covering the basic aiming and firing of the M119 howitzer, and the intermediate arty course (covering mortars). These are from the perspective of the crew of the gun, not the ground forces.

The intermediate arty/mortar course requires, as a prerequisite, the basic arty course. This is because much of what you learn in basic arty, (ammo types, preparing ammo, loading ammo, and operating the ACE arty guns) is transferable to mortars. Mortars simply add another layer onto the basic M119 howitzers in terms of complexity. The forward observer course requires the Signals (radio communications) course as a prerequisite, as the forward observer will be constantly on the radio talking to the artillery crew.

I hope this answers your request. The TGU team will try to keep your request in mind when planning upcoming courses. Watch the Arma forums, as upcoming classes are posted there.

Did I answer/address everything?

Sincerely,
    Garthra
    TGU Instructor
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Re: Request

Thanks Garthra this addresses everything I understand that its the holidays

at least I know now what is in development and it sounds too good to be true, my post was originally for TGU so we could have everyone to be versatile at each aspect and get people taught up so they could do better and enjoy TG and Arma more just so you understand, I also thing that the TGU is a great idea that is still yet to reach its full potential but from the sounds of it you are taking great strides towards the best outcome

Thanks for the TGU and prosper on

-Crazi
      sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed