The Koch Brothers' Tea Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Koch Brothers' Tea Party

A Guardian article on how members of the Tea Party have been organised by the "very interests they believe they are confronting". The author concludes,

"Billionaires and corporations are capturing the political process everywhere; anyone with an interest in democracy should be thinking about how to resist them. Nothing is real any more. Nothing is as it seems."

Interesting stuff.
    sigpic

Re: The Koch Brothers' Tea Party

Where admittedly bias, MSNBC has been reporting these same arguments against the Koch brothers for the last month. This why I feel the Supreme Court messed up huge when they ruled in favor of Citizens United... Our system is quickly turning into 'one dollar, one vote' as opposed to 'one man, one vote'

Comment

It's funny because I saw an interview with one of the Tea Party founders, Brendan Steinhauser on the Colbert report. To put it simply he stated the tea party movement has always been about fiscal responsibility. The biggest gem of all was that he said that the Tea Party approved of Clinton's administration because of how fiscally responsible they were. The Tea Party formed itself in light of the Bush administration due to the fiscal irresponsibility. Then all of a sudden it gains popularity and power holding it's first major rally just 32 days after Obama is elected president and is transformed into a twisted conservative movement to combat the Obama administration when really it stood against the fiscal irresponsibility of the Bush administration. I don't agree with all he has to say but I do like the insight into the origins of the Tea Party.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...an-steinhauser

Comment

The split identity of the Tea Party movement:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44243.html
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I was talking on Facebook about the health care issue and this subject came up. A person claiming that the Tea Party is a puppet of oligarchical corporations wrote this:

http://sewingwitch.com/ken/Stuff/oli..._tea_party.txt
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            I was talking on Facebook about the health care issue and this subject came up. A person claiming that the Tea Party is a puppet of oligarchical corporations wrote this:

http://sewingwitch.com/ken/Stuff/oli..._tea_party.txt
            Pretty good paper. I agree with a lot of his points. We do have a news system in place where the media is in the pocket of their owners who are on one side of the spectrum or the other. The biggest example of this being Rupert Murdock. That isn't to say we can't trust news sources, but like all information we should take it with a grain of salt and try to evaluate for ourselves just what are the facts and what are the arguments on both sides. I do believe strongly that the Tea Party caters to a large denomination of people, capitalizing on their fears and anger at our system of government. However I choose to work with our current system as imperfect as it may be, for the alternative, anarchy is not a better alternative or one that should even be entertained.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X