Navy Going Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Going Green

I understand trying to decrease carbon footprint and going green in some areas.....but good grief, no way on this green earth do I think we should pay $424 per gallon for fuel http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=20018

This is hugely irresponsible spending imho.
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: Navy Going Green

My guess is the $424/gallon includes research and development costs. If this ends up becoming a viable source of fuel they'll be able to significantly reduce the costs of production.

Developing new technologies are always expensive, it's whether or not this will become worth-while in the long run. If we can break away from fossil fuels and use algae to power an engine then IMO it would be.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I think it is important to note, in a combat zone and some remote areas, the cost of getting fuel in plus the cost of the fuel itself comes in at up to 400 bucks a gallon or more. If they can use this technology and generate fuel onsite for that cost, it is a win all around in terms of soldier safety and operational security with no increase in expense.
      sigpic

Comment

It's very relative. Let me remind you that it cost way more than that to subsidize the traditional gasoline we use today way back when.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X