Chomsky's Analysis of American-Israeli Relations and the Tea Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chomsky's Analysis of American-Israeli Relations and the Tea Party

An interesting commentary by Noam Chomsky on what WikiLeaks sheds on American leadership's anti-democratic stance and support of Israeli violence in Gaza.

"everything Israel is doing in the West Bank and Gaza is illegal. That hasn’t even been controversial since 1967."

"What that [WikiLeaks] reveals is the profound hatred for democracy on the part of our political leadership and the Israeli political leadership."

"The Tea Party movement itself is, maybe 15% or 20% of the electorate. It’s relatively affluent, white, nativist, you know, it has rather traditional nativist streaks to it. But what is much more important, I think, is the outrage. Over half the population says they more or less supported it, or support its message. What people are thinking is extremely interesting. I mean, overwhelmingly polls reveal that people are extremely bitter, angry, hostile, opposed to everything."

"So the same people who are a majority, who say that Wall Street is to blame for the current crisis, are voting Republican. Both parties are deep in the pockets of Wall Street, but the Republicans much more so than the Democrats."
    sigpic

Re: Chomsky's Analysis of American-Israeli Relations and the Tea Party

That's an interesting interview. We had a discussion about Israel a while back in the Sandbox, so I won't reiterate how disgusted I am about Israel and the US governments policy.

Should the US Government Stop Supporting Israel?

Let me ask you a question E-Male. I've been following the fairly new close relationship the Canadian goverment now has with Israel. As a Canadian, how does it feel to be infected by the same pro-Israel at all costs rhetoric and policy that the US has suffered with for so long? Here's a new video analyzing the "other special relationship."

|TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

As a Canadian, I believe it is a bad idea to blindly support the Canada-Israel friendship without taking the time to examine how this friendship affects Canada's relation's with the rest of the world. I believe that this blind support, along with a multitude of other factors, was why Canada didn't get elected to the UN Security Council recently.

Comment

It is political suicide in Canada, the UK, and the U.S. to criticize Israel. I agree with the general outlines of Chomsky's analysis of the Middle East, and find that corporate media is largely incapable of conveying the facts of the matter.
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X