Why London?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why London?

Someone in the other thread asked why target London and suggested it was the G8.

They claim they want England out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and this was punishment. Make no mistake about it, that's not the end of it. Just this week there were beheadings of Buddhists in Thailand by Muslims. They want Islamic ruled Socieities throughout the world. They want to convert us or kill us, period.

Spend some time browsing this site if you haven't already: www.memritv.com and this one: http://jihadwatch.org/

No, it's not all Muslims, but as long as there are some who think this way we are going to have problems. It's impossible to weed them all out separately and take care of them. I don't know what the answer is.

The answer certainly isn't to back down now and get out of the Middle East, or Thailand, or the Phillipines, or wherever the next place is they say they want free of infidels.

The last several conflicts America has taken on were to help Muslims: We freed Kuwait from an invasion, we fought along side the Mujahideen in Afghanistan to fend off the Soviets, we tried to help starving Muslims in Somalia, we fought to stop genocide against Muslims in Bosnia/Kosovo, we have been on Putin's case (at least before 9/11) about being so harsh in Chechnya, we have been pushing for peace in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict more than any other country, and we are trying to help the Iraqis get on their own feet and start fresh. And to the Brits credit they were along side us in most of these conflicts.

This isn't about where our Army is or isn't. I certainly hope that London doesn't take the path of Spain and pull out.
    New to TG?

Re: Why London?

Do we have any members in London? Please check in, my friends- I want to know that you are all safe. Dudeman, that means you too!

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
      Someone in the other thread asked why target London and suggested it was the G8.
      How about winning the olympic bid being why? I'll bet if moscow had got the bid they would have suffered today instead.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i can see what squid is saying totaly...they dont like our idealologies so they kill...we have never been against the muslims like many think..its just becuase usually the media in those nations are run but the government and things are put out how they want them to be..

the people in Kuwait love americans..afganies are coming around and accepting us. Iraqies for the most part want The US and the colation there, they understand we are helping and will leave..

Isrealies love americans we have helped them many times and support most of there actions. If we end up starting a WWIII in that area we are going to want isreal on our side.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          How about winning the olympic bid being why? I'll bet if moscow had got the bid they would have suffered today instead.

Root
          From Cnn.com

Blair said it was "also reasonably clear" that the attacks were timed to coincide with the opening of the summit.

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on a day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of poverty in Africa and the long-term problems with the environment," he said.

It just seems ineffective to set plans up to attack every major city that could've won an Olympic bid and then only bomb the winner. Most sports analysts thought Paris was going to win the bid anyway.

Comment

Their is no way they would of known about the olympics. They just voted on it yesterday and Paris was the favorite to win but London beat them out by four votes. It had nothing to do with that.

Comment

I think he was trying to lighten the mood a bit.....

Comment

I don't think these people need a reason to blow up civilians as much as they need a rationalization to justify their actions. They feel angry and impotent and need a target at whom to lash out. London, Paris, G8, Olympics, New York, Madrid, Abu Ghraib, US Air Force in Saudi Arabia, whatever.

The history of radical islamic terror prior to 9/11 belies any claim that they do these things because of any particular action: they are constantly trolling for targets and then justify their actions with whatever happens to be in the news that week.

Comment

i will tell you someting, i live in london, and i was in the tube station thaty was hit an hour before the blast, if there is one thing everyone said today, (collegues friends and the public) it is that we will not back down Squid,

i think although this is ****ty by all accounts, we must all remember London is not unprepared for attacks, and because of the IRA we will not suffer much over this. to all the families of those killed, my deepest sympathy.....

we wont be deomralised by this, everyone is back to work as usual tomorrow.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                    and because of the IRA we will not suffer much over this.
                    London is amazingly resiliant and well practiced when it comes to terrorist attacks. When I was about to hit the sack and heard about the attack I immediately thought Real/Provisional IRA, but the lack of a warning and similarities to Spain led pundits to believe it was not the IRA. Glad you're okay Dude.
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                      London is amazingly resiliant and well practiced when it comes to terrorist attacks. When I was about to hit the sack and heard about the attack I immediately thought Real/Provisional IRA, but the lack of a warning and similarities to Spain led pundits to believe it was not the IRA. Glad you're okay Dude.
                      thank you ricewind, and yes london is resiliant, if any american remembers the feeling they had when the towers were hit, i bet it was a little fear first, followed by a check of family and friends, but the emotion that lasted, was one of anger, and resiliance. its the same here, and just as the good people of that disaster didnt back down, niether will any person in any civilised nation to this threat.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Dudeman, your last 2 posts have put my mind and heart more at ease than you will ever know, I hope you are right.
                        My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                          thank you ricewind, and yes london is resiliant, if any american remembers the feeling they had when the towers were hit, i bet it was a little fear first, followed by a check of family and friends, but the emotion that lasted, was one of anger, and resiliance. its the same here, and just as the good people of that disaster didnt back down, niether will any person in any civilised nation to this threat.
                          Awesome, glad to hear you're okay.
                          New to TG?

Comment

Whoever is responsible for these attacks, screw em. That's pretty much the Brits view of it. We certainly are not cowering in fear in any part of the country. Obviously Londoners are being more careful today, but no-one is scared, regardless of what websites say otherwise. Instead we have the families and friends of those killed in mourning and anyone who gets a rise out of that is a sick ****.
                            Jex.

Comment

Dudeman,

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear from you and know you're alright. You were the first person I thought of yesterday when I heard about this. Thanks for checking in, man.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X