Bug bites...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug bites...

I went out last night with my friends, and well, we were out till like 3am, mostly just playing football in the front yard, but we ended up standing around and talking and jokeing... Which was the problem... I live in GA, it rains alot, as some of you may know, lots of stagnet water for misquetos... And well, lemme just say, its like having the chicken pots all over again, i took a bath in anti-itch cream, and started counting, i stoped after 30 or so, and well, theres a lot more.

Thats funny to some of you, but it hurts me, i cant sit still. Just thought you might want to know, USE OFF! Because if you dont you'll pay, oh will you pay.
    Oyee

Re: Bug bites...

Bactine, anyone....Bueller?

Y'all don't have any West Nile down there do ya? Hope not.
    New to TG?

Comment

Good question, im not sure, im sure Keres knows, i havnt been here long enough to know.

But im on the east coast, no where near the Nile... :p
      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
        Good question, im not sure, im sure Keres knows, i havnt been here long enough to know.

But im on the east coast, no where near the Nile... :p
        Indeed you do... Mosquito bites are no longer just annoying, they could be deadly.

http://health.state.ga.us/epi/vbd/mosquito.asp

Bugs, humid heat and rednecks are the three things that will ensure I never voluntarily live in the South ever again... Living this close to Dallas is bad enough. Luckily, I'm west of Fort Worth, and everyone knows that Fort Worth is "Where the West begins..."
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Try getting some of that afterbite stuff and having a friend rub it on the bites you can't reach. Up in RI, we also have the mosquitoes who carry West Nile Virus, and as such, OFF is used just as often as sunblock when going outdoors. I haven't been bitten yet this year, due to being very aware of putting on repellents. I sympathize, man- I hope you find relief soon.

Comment

Your not kidding, im hoping ill get amunned to the bites, so that next time i get bit they wont itch. But i know thats asking alot.
            Oyee

Comment

Also try to eliminate the areas where the bloodsuckers lay their eggs.

Anything in yard that holds water, that doesnt flow with water, is a egg location. One cheap solution is to get a bag of chlorine shock and sprinkle a few grains in to these locations, DO NOT do this in an area with pets!!!

Also look at your A/C condensate drainage and see if its flowing or pooling. Cheap solution is dig a hole 18 inches, or so, down under where it comes out and fill it with a $2 bag of rocks. DO NOT bury the pipe it could cause the water to overflow inside your structure if it gets clogged. Just let it drip onto rocks, no more mud pie water evaps or is soaked into ground before it can be a problem.

Don't forget about LYME disease if your out and about in the woods. Know the symptoms. Better symptom list .
              Early antibotics could save you alot of pain. Have had many cases since humans have move into areas that were deer habitats not long ago.

Enjoy the South :icon20:
              Last edited by +Blind+; 07-10-2005, 11:34 AM.
              "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Take Luna's advice, get some Afterbite, that stuff really works. And as far as mosquito bites, yeah, I had to survey some cars at the Port of Houston a week ago that were down by the water. Well... it got late and I was wearing OFF! and my brother wasn't, let's just say he has bites on his bites and I've only got less than half the bites he does. Those mofos were everywhere too, I had to swat 5 on one of his legs at one time ><

Comment

Sucks that you say that, ive got a pond in my back yard, we went to this one place and got like a 10 gallon bucket of feeder fish, to eat the larva. We've been feeding the bigger fish (Catfish/Small Mouth Bass) the feeder fish, but most of them are still around the banks in the weeds. So now were feeding the bigger fish with dog food, they seem to like it more.

As for the A/C its on a patio in the back, it runs off down hill into the grass (Grass grown in GA sand) where it dissapates into to ground.

We've already done a check around the house for stagnet water (yesterday) and fixed two problem areas. ( Old Plant pots; old tire; ) Fixing the last one today (water pump for old pool that was removed 2 years ago.)

Thanks for the help, i mainly added this just for you guys to laugh at my dissmay, but this is the TG community were talking about, this means alot to me, true online friends.
                  Oyee

Comment

Ok, here comes my shameless self promotion "plug".

I have a good product right up your alley on my ebay store.

All natural Insect Repellent

I use this product myself or I wouldn't recommend it to people here, because its all natural its good on babies, and can be used on dogs/animals.

I sell all this type of stuff in my ebay store for our babysitter who is a naturopath, and makes all her own natural products.
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                      Ok, here comes my shameless self promotion "plug".

I have a good product right up your alley on my ebay store.

All natural Insect Repellent

I use this product myself or I wouldn't recommend it to people here, because its all natural its good on babies, and can be used on dogs/animals.

I sell all this type of stuff in my ebay store for our babysitter who is a naturopath, and makes all her own natural products.
                      I was thinking about trying this out, but really, my wife wouldn't let me because the eBay ad is written exactly like a scammer... It has a nice little blurb, but it never actually states what the active ingredient is... It doesn't say how large the spray bottle is (this greatly perturbed me), or how many applications of the product it contains.

This is YOUR ad? Sorry, man, but it's horrible.

And to BlackViper, another natural way to repel mosquitoes is to take a lot of Vitamin B. I don't know if you take vitamins, but a good multi-vitamin, plus a B complex supplement will make your body odor or sweat or something unappealling to mosquitoes. This seems to be hit or miss, so you'll have to try it out yourself...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                        Your not kidding, im hoping ill get amunned to the bites, so that next time i get bit they wont itch. But i know thats asking alot.
                        Some are allergic to mosquito bites. I always reacted rather severely to them, then I found out I was allergic to them. So, you might have the normal itch/irritation AND have allergies on top of that.

Comment

Sorry, it says in the ad the main ingredient is nepetalactone, (essence of catnip) along with the info about the testing she did at the university here in Guelph which cost her $20k to scientifically prove its effectivness.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0828075659.htm

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/ethylacetate/catnip.htm

I guess I did miss the bottle size, its 180mls. Sorry. I'll update my ad.

I've sold literally 100+ bottles of the stuff this year alone. A few through ebay but mostly to friends and family. I'm surprised that you think it looks like a scam, what should I be doing in my ad to make people understand how legit it is? Give me some ad feedback so I can make it look less scammy. (thats not exactly the look I'm going for, lol.)

Send me your address Cing and I'll ship you a freebie one. I know you long enough and respect your opinion enough to do that.
                          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by 4est
                            Some are allergic to mosquito bites. I always reacted rather severely to them, then I found out I was allergic to them. So, you might have the normal itch/irritation AND have allergies on top of that.
                            Several people are. If you get small red dots on mosquito bites, you aren't, if you get large red bumps, you are.

Any bug spray with DEET (such as off) works wonders against mosquitos.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by +Blind+
                              Don't forget about LYME disease if your out and about in the woods.
                              This is a huge problem up here in minnesota, because, you know, we still have deer all over the place. Deer ticks are creepy little buggers too, because most of the time you can't see them (where as normal wood ticks are big buggers and are easy to find)
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X