Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Accused of Killing Babies With Scissors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Accused of Killing Babies With Scissors

Clinic Dubbed 'House of Horrors' After Investigators Found Body Parts in Jars

An abortion doctor in Philadelphia has been charged with eight murders, including seven babies who prosecutors say were born alive then killed with scissors.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, and nine employees from his West Philadelphia Women's Medical Society were arrested Wednesday. He and his staff also are charged with killing a woman who was given a lethal dose of Demerol.

Gosnell catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women, and made millions of dollars over 30 years performing illegal and late-term abortions in squalid and barbaric conditions, prosecutors said.

"There were bags, and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building," said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. "There were jars lining shelves with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

According to the grand jury report, Gosnell catered to women who were too late in their pregnancies to get legal abortions elsewhere. Most doctors refuse to perform abortions after the 20th week of pregnancy because of the risks involved.

Abortions after the 24th week are illegal. However, Gosnell allegedly aborted and killed babies in the sixth and seventh months of pregnancy and charged more for bigger babies.

The abortions of the biggest babies allegedly were scheduled for Sundays, when the clinic was closed. The only person allowed to assist with such cases was Gosnell's wife, Williams said. Gosnell allegedly took home the files for those patients and disposed of them. ABC News
    How could you kill babies who were born alive with a pair of scissors? Unbelievable.

Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord," Williams said.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Accused of Killing Babies With Scissors

I think the general consensus for rational people is no third trimester abortions barring severe late-term medical problems. This guy was clearly not catering to that. Unfortunately, the lobbyists are probably going to spin it as "all" abortion-performing doctors as being like this guy.

Comment

Perhaps if access to abortions wasn't so hard to come by, those low income people wouldn't have to go to "doctors" like this. Just saying.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
        Perhaps if access to abortions wasn't so hard to come by, those low income people wouldn't have to go to "doctors" like this. Just saying.
        Excellent point. I feel like calling him an abortion doctor is the wrong term. At that point it is considered murder and not abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
          At that point it is considered murder and not abortion.

Legally? Or do you just mean in the sense of 'murder' where any unjust killing counts as a murder? Or just because you want to make use of some rhetoric?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
            Late-term abortions like Gosnell were performing are illegal, as the article states. I'm not sure what you're implying.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              Legally? Or do you just mean in the sense of 'murder' where any unjust killing counts as a murder? Or just because you want to make use of some rhetoric?
              I know technically the word abortion means "termination of pregnancy" but I believe we've worked very hard as a society to associate the word "abortion" with a legal way to absolve a woman's forced nourishment of another being, and most importantly distinguishing it from murder. What this doctor did pretty much craps on those of us who support Pro-Choice. Calling him an abortion doctor hurts how we've come to define the word. Inducing births and severing spinal cords with scissors makes him a murder in my book.

Originally posted by Gill View Post
              Late-term abortions like Gosnell were performing are illegal, as the article states. I'm not sure what you're implying.
              For most of the country it's still socially taboo and many hospitals particularly in the mid-west out right won't perform such operations when it is considered legal. I find Spyder's comment to be directed at addressing the taboo that is still in place.

Comment

The method with the scissors is a common way for late term abortions to be performed, so what he was doing was not unusual for his trade. This is a barbaric and horrible practice to perform on a viable baby, who feels pain. We're not talking a "fetus" here, but a baby. We can debate the topic of abortion all day long, but I don't understand how ANYBODY can defend late term abortions like this, when they're not medical cases.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X