Wake UP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake UP!

I love TG , and everyone I know in TG. The fact of the matter is Life is not as it seems. People are asleep or choose to put on blinders or just don't give a damn.
    Zeitgeist (moving forward ) comes out today the 25th and I feel I have to inform all the people that have never thought off or know of this movement to look it up, and then way the scales according to there own. Facts are Facts! look them up if you have doubts. I know this is a community where people get together to have a good time and that is why I love this place so much. I can become friends with any1 around the world and enjoy there company in any game, and all of you do! No borders no racist or derogatory comments of gender or nationality is tolerated. We respect one another and we all know that one thing that eats at our guts might be stronger or even different than the one beside you, But we can agree if your eyes are open that some **** is terribly wrong no matter what nation you are in. But we are in control and information is king, and knowledge is power. So I invite you, if you havn't seen any, to watch Zeitgiest. The 3rd installment (moving forward) comes out today, all you have to do is go to the site and it is available to anyone all around the globe who is able. I recommend you watch the first two to get a grip on things, some of this may be new to you and old to others but the message is the same, (WAKE UP!) at the risk of being cleshay, do you want to take the red pill or the blue? WARNING !! this covers religion and gov, be prepared to be upset, and if you aren't then you truley are numb. Love LG, because besides this info that is all I have to give. Cya on the battlefield and I hope the virtual one ;)

Re: Wake UP!

Thank you LG!!! I hope we can all learn from this time in history.. Many men and women have died for this cause and many have had their named scorned from history, because of the tyrannical economic enslavement we are all apart of.. I certainly believe that the **** will hit the fan and people will suffer so i hope that everyone takes care and watches out for those who seek it.. If we dont have eachother in a world of hate and lies then what exactly do we have.. Spread the word my friends, and good luck to everyone! I too will see ya on the battlefield.. Both virtual and non.. ;D

Comment

*MOD NOTE*
      Moved to sandbox. This is a completely inappropriate thread for the general discussion.

Comment

lol You got suckered in to a crazy activist group? Who needs to wake up?

Comment

Wake UP!

I love TG , and everyone I know in TG. The fact of the matter is Life is not as it seems. People are asleep or choose to put on blinders or just don't care.
          Zeitgeist (moving forward ) comes out today the 25th and I feel I have to inform all the people that have never thought off or know of this movement to look it up, and then way the scales according to there own. Facts are Facts! look them up if you have doubts. I know this is a community where people get together to have a good time and that is why I love this place so much. I can become friends with any1 around the world and enjoy there company in any game, and all of you do! No borders no racist or derogatory comments of gender or nationality is tolerated. We respect one another and we all know that one thing that eats at our guts might be stronger or even different than the one beside you, But we can agree if your eyes are open that something is terribly wrong no matter what nation you are in. But we are in control and information is king, and knowledge is power. So I invite you, if you havn't seen any, to watch Zeitgiest. The 3rd installment (moving forward) comes out today, all you have to do is go to the site and it is available to anyone all around the globe who is able. I recommend you watch the first two to get a grip on things, some of this may be new to you and old to others but the message is the same, (WAKE UP!) at the risk of being cleshay, do you want to take the red pill or the blue? WARNING !! this covers religion and gov, be prepared to be upset, and if you aren't then you truley are numb. Love LG, because besides this info that is all I have to give. Cya on the battlefield and I hope the virtual one.

I wanted to appoligize to anyone who was offended with my first post where I had a couple colorfull words in the earlier post. And to thank Oneill for keeping on top of things here at TG and correcting me. :)

Comment

*MOD NOTE*
            Duplicate thread merged. Final warning: This belongs here, in the sandbox. Nowhere else.

Comment

I saw one of the other Zeitgeist movies a few years ago - it was entertaining. Here's the trailer for the new one:

The problem with films like these is that there's no evidence to suggest that half the stuff they expound on ever happened. They always start off with something fairly credible - like the fact that there is a right-wing ideology that foreign intervention and war can solve most problems. And that the actual threat of terrorism is overblown and feeds the monster of Defense spending - total defense related spending is over 1 Trillion Dollars a year, it's a bit ridiculous. I get it, it's the shady Military–industrial complex and their powerful lobbyists that Ike warned us about. I know all this.

However, what I don't know is that these war-hawks actually planned and knocked down the WTC on 9/11 as suggested by this movies trailer. This is the epic fail of films like these and guys like Alex Jones, among others. Why would you suggest something so outrageous when there is so much factual and widely reported corruption. There's simply no need to invent a conspiracy when you have proven subject matter available.
              |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I might watch this but I need to finish making my aluminum foil hat first. Does it need to cover my ears to keep the government anti-zeitgeist rays out?
                sigpic

Comment

Note that it's not just a film an ungrounded documentary sort of film. The Zeitgeist films are there to motivate the Zeitgeist Movement, the official activist arm of The Venus Project. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Venus_Project) In that regard, they're pieces of propaganda, since activist groups by definition have an agenda and these movies are clearly out to promote that agenda. Of course they aren't going to be objective, and of course they're going to be fail. That's because most radical activist groups are crazy and in order to make consistent their beliefs with the facts, they have to spin, skew, and often just ignore those facts.

Why bother to watch a piece of activist propaganda?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    Because it's entertaining. And it's hell of a lot better than Fox News and Co. ;)

I really enjoyed the first two Zeitgeist movies, even though the second one with the Venus Project was a little bit too much of a commercial. The whole "Let's create a society without money and let's automate our whole... world" is a nice idea with a little Star Trek touch. However I do not think that such a society would be possible from a mere technological stance. Furthermore I can't even imagine that the whole humanity would agree on such a society.

The other topics are quite interesting and entertaining, even though I really wouldn't take their claims simply for granted. I'm not one who snorts when looking at every conspiracy theory, but I think it's extremely important to do your own research or at least your own reading. Especially when dealing with such controversial topics.
                    Do I think they just pulled everything out of their backside? No.
                    Do I think they are correct with everything or even the majority of their claims? No.

But it's fun to watch, I enjoy a little conspiracy-talk (As long as it doesn't kick logic or basic science in the balls) and I find the whole thing very entertaining to watch, as long as I don't let the whole information sink directly into my brain but funnel it through the skepticism and BS filter.
                    sigpic

Comment

I had some zeitgeist at the weekend. It was delicious.

And if the Venusians come knocking I will be armed with a Tactical Nuclear Penguin :)
                      We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

So why watch a piece of activist propaganda, pure entertainment value aside, if you suggest that it's important to do your own research and reading?

Comment

The trailer I posted in my OP was from the last Zeitgeist film - this is the latest.

|TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

So why watch a piece of activist propaganda, pure entertainment value aside, if you suggest that it's important to do your own research and reading?
                            Entertainment value aside doesn't count.
                            Why watch a movie? Why watch ANYTHING on YouTube? Entertainment, Baby!
                            Of course it's important to do your own research and reading on the topic. And of course you can't just take everything you see on TV or watch online for facts. (Of course you can't take every book serious either)
                            But even more important than research is personal reflection. If it's about interpreting widely known facts, the best way for me is to just analyze it yourself.
                            The same goes for unusual or even ridiculous claims. I'm not a scientist, but I think highly of the scientific procedure of trying to falsify something. So if I see something - anything! - I try to take it apart with plain common sense. When common sense isn't enough and I'm interested enough to go the extra mile, I try to find out more about the topic.

So even if it's propaganda, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not worth looking at.
                            As I've said, I enjoy conspiracy stories or so called mysteries. Not because I believe them, not because I want to believe them, but because I enjoy stuff like that.
                            Sure I'll smirk and snort if someone tries to tell me that Obama is in fact a lizard man from the underworld. But hell, at least I get a laugh out of it!

And yes, I do distinguish between entertaining propaganda (At least entertaining for me) and plain stupid or outragous propaganda. I won't sit around watching white supremacist videos or neo-nazi videos. Why? Because I already have an opinion on such groups and claims and would just be too disgusted by the whole thing. I'd only watch it if I had to. (For a paper or something like that)

But other than that... Why not?
                            Of course it helps that I'm mostly not really conected to the stories I guess.
                            As an Atheist I'm not offended by any of their religious hypothesis.
                            As an European I do not feel very conected to 9/11 and am able to watch the whole thing from a pretty objective perspective. (And yes, I do think that this is a topic worth talking about)
                            I also don't really care about the so called Bilderberger group. The thought itself is interesting but that's about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to say Gill, please clarify. I don't speak sign language.
                              lol You got suckered in to a crazy activist group? Who needs to wake up?
                              HA! Thanks for looking out bud, but my eys are W I D E open. Do you call yourself sordavie because you use to get beat up alot for being a smart ass ;)

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                              I might watch this but I need to finish making my aluminum foil hat first. Does it need to cover my ears to keep the government anti-zeitgeist rays out?
                              I think you only need one of those if your are watching Glen Beck, I think your safe ;)

Note that it's not just a film an ungrounded documentary sort of film. The Zeitgeist films are there to motivate the Zeitgeist Movement, the official activist arm of The Venus Project. That's because most radical activist groups are crazy
                              Radical ? eh not sure what you mean unless you are speaking of the (idea) to feed and house every person on the planet, that would be pretty rad. Indeed most are crazy. Stop watching FOX news, Rupert Murdoc controls 3/4 of the media on the planet, theres some propaganda for ya.

Originally posted by Vouk View Post
                              Because it's entertaining. And it's hell of a lot better than Fox News and Co. ;)

I really enjoyed the first two Zeitgeist movies, even though the second one with the Venus Project was a little bit too much of a commercial. The whole "Let's create a society without money and let's automate our whole... world" is a nice idea with a little Star Trek touch. However I do not think that such a society would be possible from a mere technological stance. Furthermore I can't even imagine that the whole humanity would agree on such a society.

The other topics are quite interesting and entertaining, even though I really wouldn't take their claims simply for granted. I'm not one who snorts when looking at every conspiracy theory, but I think it's extremely important to do your own research or at least your own reading. Especially when dealing with such controversial topics.
                              I agree, they supply a PDF on there site that documents all there sources, numbers, ect... And even then do your own research.

The fact of the matter is most American citizens are offended at the thought of there religion being a story that has evolved from an astrological stand point, manipulated and converted into many other branches of religion which have been placed as a form of control. And that 9/11 was an inside job, well they only suggest the plauseabilty for that, givin pass events like pearl harbour and many other outragess, manipulative acts done buy our gov as a means to an end of there selfish agendas. Facts are there are not enough facts about this topic and the ones we have are full of wholes and BS. They found a hijakers passport in the street near the towers after the crash ? give me a flippin break. They are pandering to the ignorant and weak minded. The buildings falling at free fall speed ? The time it took our AF to even respond to the planes, the simulated hijackings they had running that day for training,
                              the material found at the site. I could go on and on but here for your veiwing pleasure is a link. http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm As for the rest of the material covered in these films they only speak of a common sence approach to fixing alot of the problems we have today, it may not be perfect and even they admit that but it does look like one I would rather have my kids growing up in. And if your sitting there telling yourself things are OK for me and my children than GREAT! But most don't have it that way and until people WAKE UP and realize that the world dosn't revolve around them and that are gov is Fn up and that are economy is collapsing and that more and more fredoms are being taking away and that all of this crap is unnessasary and that we DO have the power to make this a better world, the better off everyone will be. So when the sky starts to finally fall on your happy life and you wake up I won't say you where an idiot , I won't say I told you so, I'll just stand there and say " Hey man would you like a beer and a hero sandwich ? "
                              Last edited by Bubba; 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X