SBR Laws?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBR Laws?

Ok I just got a new pistol ive been wanting for a long time a full size Glock 21 45" I was looking around the net for some upgrades for it and came across PTR stocks "pistol to rifle" and really wanted one preferably the Roni but for some stupid reason our great government states that if you add a stock to a pistol then unless your pistols barrel is 16" then its a SRB witch you need $200 tax stamp and aproval for.
    And I found out that in my state of alabama civilians cant have SRBs for some stupid reason I mean come on were talkin about alabama all the surrounding states of alabama allow civilians to have them?

So what makes it a SBR? adding the stock only gives you more control over the pistol = better accuracy. It doent make it anymore powerfull or add to the barrel length its not a permanent mod. So how is it more deadly with this installed? Its bigger so its harder to conceal witch makes it less deadly than a pistol in my book.

Roni

Here

http://www.endotactical.com/products.html#profiler
    This web site sells a stock adapter witch is perfectly leagal you dont need a tax stamp to buy this but the second you put a stock on the adapter it becomes a SBR and without a tax stamp you could go to jail or get a huge fine if caught with it. This seems ridiculous to me.
    |TG| Plude220

Re: SBR Laws?

Please don't spend $150 adding a stock to your pistol. That's stupid. If it was a practical idea, then folks who shoot at stuff for a living would be doing it (but they aren't). If you want something with a stock, purchase an actual rifle of some sort.

Laws regarding short-barreled rifles: they are what they are. You can purchase an 10.5" length upper for an M4 with no paperwork, but the second you put that upper onto the lower, you've just made an SBR and the lower receiver needs to be registered with ATF.

Comment

If I had the money to blow I would get the roni just to shoot at the range for fun but I dont and would never give the atf money just to own it I just think its stupid they call these mods SBR.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

If you get caught with it and no tax stamp.......... have fun.......

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X