Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling out your allies us style

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...r-secrets.html

So your president considers russia more important than Britain, how nice...

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Re: Selling out your allies us style

160 available warheads, huh? That's barely enough to kill off billions of people in the world's major urban centers! The U.K. is slacking.

Comment

The specific section of text, for those curious:

Under "Other Agreed Statements"

13. (S) The second was an agreed statement on the transfer of Tridents II SLBMs to the United Kingdom. Begin text: Document of the Russian side February 9, 2010 Agreed Statement On the movement of SLBM "Trident-II" missiles, transferred by the US to equip the Navy of Great Britain The Parties agree that, in order to increase transparency in relation to the use of "Trident-II" SLBMs, transferred by the United States of America to equip the Navy of Great Britain, the United States of America shall provide notification to the Russian Federation about the time of such transfer, as well as the unique identifier and the location of each of the transferred missiles. The Parties agree that, upon conclusion of the life cycle of "Trident-II" SLBMs transferred by the United States of America to equip the Navy of Great Britain, the United States of America will send notification to the Russian Federation about the time and method of elimination, as well as the unique identifier for each of the transferred missiles. End text.

Comment

Oh so... you want the US and Russia to be able to just give thier 4000+ nukes to anyone, anywhere, at any time?

Pfft. Who wants proliferation anyways.... lets just have nukes hidden everywhere!

I seriously think that it only means that the US will say "We gave the nukes to Britain at base _____" not where Britain will take it.

Comment

the big problem I see is not only the location, but the exact amount of nukes handed over.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
            the big problem I see is not only the location, but the exact amount of nukes handed over.
            Why?

The US allows Russia to inspect all its nukes and vice versa. Why not the nukes that they transfer to other countries?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              Why?

The US allows Russia to inspect all its nukes and vice versa. Why not the nukes that they transfer to other countries?
              "So you had 4895 warheads last year."
              "Yeah, so?"
              "Why is it only 4735 this year?"
              "Oh. Those are the ones we moved elsewhere. They're secret!"

Comment

Hm was that supposed to answer the question I posed? Or is it some kind of commentary on what I said? I just can't tell.

Comment

More or less just emphasizing your response to AdeptAbyss. It would be kind of silly to claim transparency over the process...then transfer nukes to someone else and just pretend that never happened. "Oh, we can't tell you about those nukes, now."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X