Ron Paul Brings Down the House at CPAC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul Brings Down the House at CPAC

If anything can be gauged by applause in main ballroom, Ron Paul will once again win the Presidential Straw Poll here at CPAC.

Paul won the contest last year, much to the chagrin of many of the party faithful who attended.

This year Paul was the only potential presidential candidate to directly tackle the tricky subject of Egypt.

"We've invested $70 Billion in Egypt... and all we get is chaos for it," said Paul. "I'm still against foreign aid for everybody."

Paul hit on the idea of isolationism repeatedly. "The Founding Fathers talked about staying out of foreign entanglements when it's none of our business."

Paul also revisited many of his favorite subjects, including ending the Federal Reserve Bank, protecting civil liberties and repealing the Patriot Act.

"The Patriot Act is literally the destruction of the fourth amendment."

Ron Paul supporters have been the loudest supporters over the course of CPAC, picking a fight with Donald Trump and trying to boo Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney off the stage Thursday.

Though it would surely enrage many Republicans if he wins the straw poll Saturday it should surprise no one. Fox News

Meanwhile, Dick Cheney recieved some cheers as well, but also got called a war criminal.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Ron Paul Brings Down the House at CPAC

I would consider myself liberal and I am extremely against foreign aid. We should be isolationists and its absolutely the worst thing for us to meddle in other people's affairs, pretend we're the world police, and not focus enough on our own problems within the US.

Comment

The world's too small for isolationism. You either dictate the rules, or have the rules dictated for you. Should we discover what sort of meddling Russia or China would like to do?

Comment

Not going to happen. We're the big kids on the block, no one needs to screw with us. We don't screw with them, they don't screw with us. Leave our global affairs with our diplomats and the UN. We don't need to send foreign aid year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
          You either dictate the rules, or have the rules dictated for you.
          I'd say that attitude in US foreign policy is what has caused a tremendous amount of turmoil and suffering around the world for decades.

Originally posted by Gill View Post
          Should we discover what sort of meddling Russia or China would like to do?
          They're already doing it and have been for quite some time, it's mostly economic.

The basic premise of your statements - I'm guessing - revolve around the concept of America military power being projected around the world so that we can force our will on others. It's obviously failed us - the US citizen I mean, not global bank and corporate interests - miserably and created untold enemies and mass world poverty, not to mention the cost in US lives and treasure. Treasure being money, and money that could have been saved or invested into our own country to better the lives of our citizens (i.e. mountaintop bases in Afghanistan don't pay for bridges in Oregon).
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
            Not going to happen. We're the big kids on the block, no one needs to screw with us. We don't screw with them, they don't screw with us. Leave our global affairs with our diplomats and the UN. We don't need to send foreign aid year after year.
            Oh, well. That's a different sentiment than isolationism. Isolationism is a complete shutdown of alliances, international agreements, foreign trade, everything.

Comment

Aka George Washington's neutrality, but I seriously doubt that's ever going to happen.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I don't like any politicians. That being said I agree a lot with what Ron Paul stands for or more so than other politicians anyway.

Comment

I believe in moderation in everything. Including foreign aid. We don't need to dump money into political bank accounts. Just use it for events like mass disasters (ex: Haiti). Keep Allies for where the S really hits the fan. But play a back burner role in peace time. Let others lead the spearhead for a change.

How much meddling does China already do in the US? 75% of everything be own aside from the house and car is made by china. China for one reason alone will not F with us is cause we are their economy. :p

I don't care for our (R) politicians. While I share some goals, I don't care for their private affairs they are always all involved in. I do fear his son though, That's guy is a serious wackjob.
                  The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                  mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                  and where all members
                  would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                  Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X