Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News focus group: Obama's a Muslim

40 percent of Fox News focus group believes President Obama is a Muslim

Last night Frank Luntz from Fox News gathered a focus group of Iowa's GOP caucus to discuss President Obama's reaction to the protests in Egypt, but the most revealing part of the discussion involved Obama's religion. In the middle of discussing, one focus group member expressed her opinion that the President is a Muslim. Having one member of the group of twenty-five express this viewpoint is not a surprise. However, in the video to the left, when Luntz asks the group how many believe President Obama is a Muslim, 40% (10 out of 25) raise their hand. Even many of those who disagree with the statement have other suspicions that the President's religion is "liberalism" or some other ideology.
    This video is a must see. I'm no supporter of President Obama, but good grief. I think we're already living in the film Idiocracy?

|TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Fox News focus group: Obama's a Muslim

Fox News is a spectacular demonstration of the propaganda power of corporate news. Anything that claims to be "Fair and Balanced" and delivers such a product is a blight upon a nation's citizenry and democratic processes.
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Really.. This FOCUS Group was not unique for FOX news..as they do this all the time... This was a GOP ONLY Group and 60% stated that they thought OBAMA WAS NOT A MUSLIM. (See what I did there.,.,) . So if this was on MSNBC would there have been an issue..or is this a FOX hit piece.. ??
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

33% of Americans also believe that 9/11 was an "inside job". There have been claims that 20% of Americans believe the Apollo moon landing was a hoax. 40% of Britons believe in ghosts.

I'd give examples of other silliness, but I don't want to find an example for every country in the world. :P

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
            Really.. This FOCUS Group was not unique for FOX news
            Yes it was unique to Fox, as they helped organize it.

The Obama-is-a-Muslim claim won't go away

Ten Iowa Republican caucusgoers who attended a recent focus group organized by Fox News said they believe Obama is a Muslim, despite the president's repeated testimony of his Christian beliefs as recently at this month's National Prayer Breakfast.
            This was a GOP ONLY Group and 60% stated that they thought OBAMA WAS NOT A MUSLIM.
            That doesn't excuse the 40% who think he is. In fact, 18% of Americans think Obama is Muslim, and that level of ignorance is unacceptable, whether you like Obama or not.

Growing Number of Americans Say Obama is a Muslim

A new national survey by the Pew Research Center finds that nearly one-in-five Americans (18%) now say Obama is a Muslim, up from 11% in March 2009
            When you look at the polling of Republicans the numbers are the highest among all groups.

Roughly a third of conservative Republicans (34%) say Obama is a Muslim

The belief that Obama is a Muslim has increased most sharply among Republicans (up 14 points since 2009), especially conservative Republicans (up 16 points).
            (See what I did there.,.,) . So if this was on MSNBC would there have been an issue..or is this a FOX hit piece.. ??
            Absolutely, I think it's an example of how misguided people have become - especially in the last ten years or so.

I disagree with Obama, but I don't think he's leading an attempt by Islamic extremists to destroy the Constitution and impose Sharia law on all Americans. Or, that he's Kenyan born, a Muslim, a communist, or anything of the sort. Also, I completely disagreed with President Bush's foreign policy, but I didn't think he was Hitler.

When you try to defend this type of behavior - as illustrated in the video, or write it off as a Fox News hit peice, you're giving credence to a position that's indefensible and pure fiction.
            |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
              When you try to defend this type of behavior - as illustrated in the video, or write it off as a Fox News hit peice, you're giving credence to a position that's indefensible and pure fiction.
              I think you have hit the nail on the head here. Some opinions are not merely wrong, they are toxic to civil society. This is an instance of a media mogul getting very rich via capitalizing on the sale of toxic belief. Free speech is not free when society must pick up the tab in the form of an overheated cultural war and a dysfunctional system of governance.
              sigpic

Comment

Rupert Murdoc shapes with play doh, and he is an artist that strives on the impressionable. But never fear, I have developed a prototype amnesia ray gun and soon as my rocket ship is ready to carry it to the moon I will launch a full scale wipe on the planet earth, and only those wearing tin foil hats will be protected. Or you could put a brown paper bag over your head, lie down and wait for the idiocracy and idiocrazy to take over completely.

But in reality you can do what I do and just shake your head back and forth, make a few derogatory comments towards the idiots and teach your children gooder, I mean well ;) .

Comment

This video is simply people imposing their beliefs upon the situation. Nothing more than that. This happens all the time and in a way FOX news is doing a service by showing that there is a large group of people that seem to be sane, mentally healthy people but in reality have a hard time divorcing their fantasy from reality.

But I do see truly shocking things about this video. First is that a modern network with such reach does nothing to try and inject some reality into the discussion. In fact they seem to relish and actually encourage this fantasy thinking with no restraint. Second is a bit more subtle but I would ask why would it matter if he was Muslim? Religion shouldn't be a factor in our government. But in fact this video shows that religion is, to many conservatives, the real agenda. It isn't infrastructure or laws that promote the liberty and freedom of the people. It is the promotion and continued dominance of a particulate religion.

It (the video) says that most conservatives think the their flavor of Christianity is the only way to actually achieve liberty and freedom of the people. That the Muslims are not capable of this concept or at least they are not capable on delivering the goods. That is what is scary.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Scary is true. They know their target audience and feed them a solid dose of fear, everyday. They lap it up, it seems.

Here's GB from last night. Finally jumping from tinfoil crazy to the shark:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201102140037

Yes, yes, I know, I'm linking to Media Matters to slam Beck. This must make me an Islamic communist, I know.

However heres the real reason behind it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4NVa83LEQU

TL;DR

Glen Beck says the U.S. government (State Dept., specifically) is using Google to spy on you and instigate the new world order. The reality is that Murdoch hates Google because you should have to come to Fox and pay for news.
                    Do or do not, there is no try....
                    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

40% (10 out of 25) raise their hand.
                      There isn't a facepalm.jpg powerful enough to handle this situation. Even the facepalm mosaic that is made of facepalm mosaics made of facepalm pictures isn't mighty enough.

:

That said, Carlin's words still ring true about the intelligence of people.

Comment

Is misinformation unique to Fox news? Probably not. Is the shear amount of misinformation unique to Fox News? Yes. I could point to so many other cases where people are on Fox News or watch Fox News are misinformed. Let's never forget that statistic 97% of Fox viewership believed that the Iraq war was related to 9/11.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X