What if god Is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if god Is...

The end result of humanity? And it gains a very limited ability to influence the past right before the universe implodes (or what ever it does in the end). All it is able to accomplish right before the end is to insert some information into a small subset humans at a certain point in time and that information became the religions?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: What if god Is...

I once watched an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the Enterprise was stuck in a "time loop" where it repeatedly collided (and was destroyed from the ensuing warpcore breach) with a Federation starship from the past. They eventually discovered "aftershocks" of the event and were able to discern something bad was happening over and over again.

Eventually they fitted Data with a device that was able to transmit a very small bit of information to himself in the next loop. He sent the number "3", denoting that Commader Riker's suggested course of action right before the collision occurs was the correct one (I believe the two choices were using the tractor beam to push the other ship away, or depressurize the shuttle bays to get the Enterprise out of the way). They lived happily ever after.

Your post reminded me of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
      Your post reminded me of that.
      It reminded me of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
        The end result of humanity? And it gains a very limited ability to influence the past right before the universe implodes (or what ever it does in the end). All it is able to accomplish right before the end is to insert some information into a small subset humans at a certain point in time and that information became the religions?
        Or in other words, the plot behind the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Snark aside, some fiction writers and philosophers have postulated that the end sum of intelligence in consciousness is when thought and reality become one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
          Snark aside, some fiction writers and philosophers have postulated that the end sum of intelligence in consciousness is when thought and reality become one.
          The end sum of intelligence in consciousness can be counted at the end sum of reality.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X