Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Job

I love documentaries, and I can't wait to see this one, Inside Job:

Producer/director Charles Ferguson (No End in Sight) speaks at length with journalists, politicians, and financial insiders in order to offer a clearer picture of the economic meltdown that hit America starting in 2008. Academy Award winner Matt Damon narrates this unflinching look at the deep-rooted corruption that has left millions of middle-class Americans jobless and homeless as the major corporations get bailed out while paying millions in bonuses. Link.

In fact, I should be getting this movie in the next day or so because it's the next film in my Netflix que. I'll post back here after I watch it but I'm thinking it's pretty good being that it won the Academy Award for best documentary.

The director, Charles Ferguson, made a comment before he said anything else when accepting the award:

"Forgive me, I must start by pointing out that three years after our horrific financial crisis caused by financial fraud, not a single financial executive has gone to jail, and that's wrong," Link.
    Skip to the 2 minute mark.

That's the crux of the whole Wall Street debacle, isn't it? Nobody has been charged for the Crime of the Century.

There's another quote directly from the film that's even more telling:

Q: Why do you think there isn't a more systematic investigation being undertaken?

A: Because then you'd find the culprits.
    That's probably it, right? The government knows, but they don't want to know. If they took action then they would be cutting their own throat by jailing their largest donors. It's all about money, but not your money - the average working class american - no, their money. The top earners and the political class. The whole episode just stinks to high heaven.
    Last edited by mp40x; 03-07-2011, 01:28 PM.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Inside Job

Yea I want to watch it, but have to reserve a day when I have the will to watch something I know is going to piss me off.

Comment

The sad thing is that I don't need to watch it to already be angered by the situation. My uncle, an extremely good investment manager (let me put it this way: he was going to retire last year, but the fund he's been managing was going to be sold for billions...and without him, it was worth comparatively nothing--they convinced him to postpone retirement a few years for a wage "that was too much to pass up"), saw the financial shenanigans years before it finally collapsed.

To paraphrase what he said during the height of the collapse: these are not stupid people and they knew exactly what they were doing and exactly what was going to happen--and they knew they could get away with it.

Comment

Alright, I watched this film last night and it was outstanding - it will literally have your blood boiling. It's absolutely amazing what the banks and corporations have gotten away with since the 80's. When you see the Revolving Door in Washington which brings every top Wall Street shill in and out of government: It makes you very angry, to say the least.

If you have a preconceived notion that this film is some liberal activist propaganda: You would be wrong. They literally bashed President Obama in the head towards the end and belittled him into "Wall Street's Guy" in Washington, which he is. They even played clips from his campaign when he was singing that "Hope and Change" song and dance, which turned out to be completely false, of course.

As we now know, Obama is no different than any other Wall Street president - I voted for Bob Barr, don't blame me - and nothing has changed at all. In fact, my opinion is that Obama is an even bigger shill for the bankers than some of the other presidents.

I highly recommended this film, it's one of the best documentaries that I've ever seen, well deserving of the Academy Award.
        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X