Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Gaga says no to "Baby Gaga" Breast Milk Ice Cream

"Baby Gaga" breast milk ice cream gets a no-go from Lady Gaga

The creators of an odd frozen dessert have been sent a cease and desist from their eponymous inspiration

Lady Gaga is not squeamish about bodily fluids. After all, her perfume line is going to smell like blood and semen and will definitely be bought by 13-year-old girls the world over, much to their parents' chagrin.

So the fact that the pop star is sending a cease and desist letter to the London Icecreamists for selling frozen treats called "Baby Gaga" probably has more to do with trademark infringement and less to do with the fact that the ice cream is made out of human breast milk. At the very least, she should be getting some royalties out of this!

If I ever make it to London, I seriously doubt I'll be stopping by that ice cream shop for some frozen breast milk. :icon13:
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Lady Gaga says no to "Baby Gaga" Breast Milk Ice Cream

I have this amusing--but terrifyingly horrible--image of a dairy farm in my head right now. I think I'll leave the description at that.

Comment

I don't see where her Ladyship has a case here, wasn't "gaga goo goo" a stereotypical baby sound/quote long before she was even an itch in her daddy's pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
        I don't see where her Ladyship has a case here, wasn't "gaga goo goo" a stereotypical baby sound/quote long before she was even an itch in her daddy's pants?
        I agree. She would have to have a trademark on "Gaga", wouldn't she? Didn't Microsoft try something similar, but with the name "Bob"?

sigpic

Comment

Also, because it happens to be sorta relevant, I find her to be quite the shovel-face. As in, shovels would do a world of good. Maybe I'm not seeing the appeal because I'm not British or something. Or that's the purpose of the theatrics and absurd costumes (of course, that ends up including Katy Perry but she suffers more of an issue of being a 7/10 in a field that caters to portraying 11/10s all the time--not that she's bad looking, just stuck in the wrong scale, I guess).

Comment

Originally posted by http://x17online.com/celebrities/lady_gaga/lady_gaga_breast_milk_singer_performer_product_bab y_030811.php
            Gaga's attorney's fired off a legal letter to the ice cream parlor stating the flavor was "deliberately provocative and, to many people, nausea-inducing."
            That's this Lady Gaga, is it?

Also, the husband of the woman who donated the milk is half of a podcast I listen to - they discuss the issue on the episode linked.

And finally, the lady who donated the milk writes about it in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia...ga?INTCMP=SRCH
            I had a blood test to rule out the few infections that are transmitted through breast milk (not that they'd survive pasteurisation and freezing)
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

If she manages to trademark being 'deliberately provocative and nausea inducing' she could have a case. Few would argue this is something synonymous with the 'Lady Gaga' phenomenon.

I'm British and to me she looks like she got on a bus through the windshield and could probably eat an apple through a tennis racket with those choppers, but to each his own. I doubt she thinks I'm an oil painting.

Comment

I personally would not try some of that ice cream but hey, what ever floats their boats...
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Anyone for a semen cycle? lots a protien . Geeesh I cant believe that came out of me, this world is contaminating me with it's idiacracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    ...snip... this world is contaminating me with it's idiacracy.
                    Agreed.

The part that really ticks me off is that as I get older, I realize that I am becoming my parents. I completely fail to see eye to eye with the younger generations anymore and have become a grumpy curmudgeon.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                      I completely fail to see eye to eye with the younger generations anymore and have become a grumpy curmudgeon.
                      Eh. I find all generations equally irritating and stupid. But then, I'm terrifyingly cynical.

Comment

I believe the problem with the Ice Cream parlor is that they were acknowledging it. Look at the video and the lady doing making the Ice Cream and serving samples. Regardless of how I feel about the case the intent seems pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                          I believe the problem with the Ice Cream parlor is that they were acknowledging it. Look at the video and the lady doing making the Ice Cream and serving samples. Regardless of how I feel about the case the intent seems pretty clear.
                          You talking about that dude in the Madonna outfit?

Comment

I believe it's a costume that Lady Gaga has worn on occasion for her concerts. Although the parallels between Madonna and Lady Gaga are striking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X