No announcement yet.

The Post-TV Generation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Post-TV Generation

Starting research on my next book and have a few questions for the Sandbox.

The television industry expects to see more online content walled in, accessible only to subscribers, via pay walls. They do not expect cord cutting (people dropping their cable TV accounts and simply getting what they want online) to be a big phenomenon.

• What do you think about these industry expectations?
    • What are your TV viewing habits (how and where do you access TV beyond simply watching it on TV).

Thank you,

Dr. Strangelove (aka E-Male)
    University of Ottawa
    Author of The Empire of Mind and Watching YouTube.

Re: The Post-TV Generation

I think it's a mixed bag with the industry and their expectations. I believe there will continue to be a segment that is drawn to "network" tv and it's content. That segment of the population would happily pay to have access to the content. Think XM or Sirius...different medium I know but similar scenario. Some people just had to subscribe to get their fix of Howard Stern despite the overwhelming abundance of free over the air radio. I believe as the future progresses this segment will continue to dwindle but that subscriptions companies will compensate by charging more. People have to see their stars dancing no matter what you know.

The second question is very intriguing to me because internet and DVR's have totally changed the way people interact and consume mass media television. As for me...I am a Dish Network subscriber with HD and a DVR at home. This has totally changed the way I watch tv and now lets me dictate when and where I consume the product. My tv consumption does not inclulde the major networks at all. Mostly I'm recording and watching sports or documentaries or movies for at will viewing. If I have a choice of watching it now or later it's usually later as I'll go along and do something else worthwhile (ARMA anyone) and come back to the DVR later. I shudder to think of the advertising industry and how this will affect them. I like millions others FF through the commercials to watch the shows.

Great subject E. Dynamic and evolving but it's evolving so fast so be careful on selection of your thesis as by the time the book makes it to print it may be passe or old news.
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
      Great subject E. Dynamic and evolving but it's evolving so fast so be careful on selection of your thesis as by the time the book makes it to print it may be passe or old news.
      Thanks for a detailed and helpful reply (as usual!).

I'll be focusing on things that are setting patterns for mass involvement (as opposed to focusing on shifting technologies and intermediate products/services). I try to write books that are valuable as historical 'ethnographies' which capture emerging audience behaviours on their way to becoming mass patterns.

I haven't looked into the pay wall model very much as of yet, but I am not sure it is getting much traction as I envision what it would be. In a sense, television is already pay walled by cable service providers. I am actually about to chuck cable television service out the window, resentful at how much I have to pay for so many channels I don't watch, nor ever even have a passing interest to watch and being forced a 2:1 content:advertising ratio plus cable service providers disabling the ability to FF through commercials (as I have noticed with a number of channels currently fed through Brighthouse)

So, would the new model result in a-la-carte channel selections? Then it might have my favorable attention. But how would that work on selecting a "subscription" when 7 content providers offer 7 iterations of the same style Ghost Hunter/killer/maimer/exorcist/paranormal/walk-around-in-the-dark-showing-everything-in-green shows and friends, co-worker, guy next to you at the bar are all watching a different iteration? I think socially, that could have a fragmenting effect on common small-talk dialogs.

Although I have a DVR, I don't use it much. Most of what I watch is on about 5 channels, and if I miss, say, a new episode of No Reservations, I know it will be on again on steady rotation like the Travel Channel is really the Bourdain, Richman, Zimmern, Kriesher Channel.

Network TV is definitely on the outs with me, rarely ever do I find any reason to venture into NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox land. I do frequently access shows via NetFlix or other XBL outlet as I desire and I actually prefer it over watching something in it's first run over cable television.

I am 40, and in observing my son's behavior (he's 11), seeing where he chooses to find entertainment content he wants to watch, it is more and more frequently not provided via the cable television broadcasting channels, but online and anything that is (essentially) pay-walled is met with a shrug and he moves on to something else.

I look forward to hearing what comes of this E, I enjoy reading your views.

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
          I am 40, and in observing my son's behavior (he's 11), seeing where he chooses to find entertainment content he wants to watch, it is more and more frequently not provided via the cable television broadcasting channels, but online and anything that is (essentially) pay-walled is met with a shrug and he moves on to something else.
          This is the very sort of anecdotal material I am looking for -- this is the generation that is unlikely to be serviced by current and emerging online content business models.

I think the industry expectations are misguided. That's the simple answer. I'm going to get more in depth in this response than I initially anticipated, but this is an issue that I am very passionate about as it affects me in multiple ways on a daily basis. Considering who is asking this question; I am going to do the very best I can to dump as much information out of my head as possible into this post.

Addressing your second question first; as I believe it's a better place to start.

What are your TV viewing habits?

I consume media from a wide variety of sources. My primary method of entertainment delivery is through DirecTV. My TV subscription package includes every available channel with the exception of the premium sports packages. I'm forced into this subscription package due to the way DirecTV (and all cable/satellite prodivers) packages up the channels. I watch only a very small subset of the channels I pay for and spend most of my time in the Discovery Channel lineup and other "educational" type television. This would include Discovery Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, History International, National Geographic, Food Network, Travel Channel, etc. Outside of those channels, I also watch a lot of BBC America and limited programming on network TV. I try and avoid major network TV stations for a variety of reasons, but I enjoy shows like Chicago Code, The Event, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show and Bob's Burgers.

Outside of satellite TV programming, I also maintain a Netflix subscription that I use primarily for streaming TV content of past shows. For example; I never watched Lost when it was being broadcast, but after the show came to a close I did go back and watch the entire series through Netflix. Netflix carries a lot of the back catalog from a variety of networks including shows that I just couldn't get anywhere else. When I was growing up, I watched Doctor Who (during the Tom Baker era forward) and recently got a friend of mine from work to get into the show. Netflix has allowed me to watch those old episodes I grew up with and share that experience with others. Purchasing the entire back catalog of those shows would be cost prohibitive for me as I already spend a fair amount of money on this type of entertainment expense and could not justify paying for DVD box sets for content I don't intend on watching more than once.

I also am a Google TV user. I bought the Logitech Revue on release day as it was an excellent mechanism for me to bridge the gap between television and Internet content and allows me, in addition to watching extra content on my TV, to pull up a web browser and do work through Google Apps or work on the site while I'm also watching TV. It's easier for me than using my laptop. I really liked the Google TV concept because it allowed me to watch content that the networks put up on their web sites that was NOT legally available through Netflix or other means. That ended shortly after it started due to the reaction of the networks not wanting their content to be available in this manner, something I still don't understand.

I am a firm believer in paying for content that I consume. It takes a lot of work and money to produce these shows and I am fine providing compensation for the enjoyment I receive from this content. I'll put that out there right now. I *PAY* for content if it is made available to me through appropriate modern-age delivery mechanisms.

Now let's jump to my 5 year old son, Trevor. He likes the usual fare of shows, cartoons mostly, but he tends to watch the same shows that I did when I was growing up. He's a big fan of Cartoon Network's Boomerang channel. He also likes a variety of shows that I watch such as Mythbusters, Top Gear, How It's Made and Modern Marvels. He loves to learn new things and asks me questions that I would never expect out of a 5 year old when we watch these shows together. Trevor also watches Netflix using the Wii although he mostly focuses on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show and Ghostbusters 2. Being 5, Trevor expects content on demand. He doesn't want to wait a couple days for a DVD to arrive in the mail, a trait he probably learned from me. We also watch a variety of movies together such as The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Space Chimps, Bolt, Up, etc. Since most of these titles are not available on Netflix, I DVR them when they come on and then set them to "Keep Forever". Luckily I have a lot of space on my DVR so we can keep a variety of titles without affecting any other programming I want to record.

What do you think about these industry expectations?

I think the industry is terribly misguided in their expections, but I have serious questions as to where these expectations come from. In order to properly explain that; we need to look back at a some history in technological innovations and the legal challenges those innovations faced.

Going back to 1975, Sony introduced the Betamax format of cart-based media. A couple years later, JVC released the competing VHS format. It took some time for these formats to catch hold with the consumer, but eventually the technology was making it into households around the world. Fast forward to 1984 and the infamous Sony vs. Universal lawsuit (464 U.S. 417). Universal claimed that recording content onto tape constituted copyright infringement (note; I do not believe, when trying to speak accurately, that the words "piracy" or "theft" should be used to define copyright infringement as neither ships nor loss of property by an individual party are involved. We're taking content that is not scarce and duplicating it, making it even less scarce. During this entire process, no individual is ever deprived of their property and thus should not constitute "theft"). This case made it to the U.S. Supreme Court and was a landmark decision as it paved the way for time-shifting of content. This very decision is what made DVR's possible today. During this case, Universal claimed that this type of technology would be the end of the film industry and felt that the potentially infringing uses of the technology outweighed the non-infringing uses. Thankfully, SCOTUS disagreed.

The ability for consumers to record, and then play back, content that they have the legal right to view has always been something that the MPAA has fought against. If our courts were manipulated back then as they are today; I believe that these technologies would not be available today.

Lets look at a more modern technology such as DVDs. The MPAA was concerned that without DRM technology, providing digital copies of movies on DVDs would cripple their industry. It would turn the whole world into a bunch of copyright infringers and they would all be out of business. As we all know, the CSS encryption used on DVDs was broken rather quickly. It's as easy to copy a DVD these days as it is a casette tape. So how has this hurt the movie industry? I can't be entirely sure, but if we look back to 2010 and look at DVD sales we can over 10 MILLION copies of Avatar were sold. That's sales revenue of over $180 million dollars in only 8 months. Toy Story 3 had less than 2 months on the shelves in 2010 and sold over 9 million copies with sales revenue of over $160 million. Clearly, there is a huge marget for this content and CSS encryption being broken did NOT result in the death of the industry.

So what about these new cutting edge methods of consuming media such as Google TV, Hulu, Boxee, and it's brethren?

Lets take a simple case. American Dad.

Right now I can use the Chrome browser on my laptop and hop over to and watch last night's episode, School Lies. Fox makes this available for me to view in a browser, which I appreciate. But I have a couple friends coming over later and I accidentally deleted last night's episode from my DVR. They want to watch it too. Now, I have a nice 17" widescreen display on my laptop, but it's simply not practical to have me and two other adults crammed around my laptop to watch this episode. That's okay, I have Google TV so I should be able to fire up the web browser ATTACHED TO MY TV, go to the Fox web site, and play the same video. Now we all get to watch it on a nice 52" plasma!

Oh.... wait... I try and watch the video in a Chrome web browser that just so happens to be attached to my TV and I get an error telling me that the content is "INCOMPATIBLE" with my system. That's funny. Because all their content was compatible when I first got my Google TV. What did they do between then and now to suddenly make this Chrome browser incompatible?!?

I guess I could always browse over to Hulu and watch it through that. But no... Hulu seems to have "compatibility" issues with Google TV as well. This is something that REALLY pisses me off. I think it's rather disingenous for these networks to be telling me my browser is not compatible with their content when that's simply not the case. They could as least be intellectually honest and tell me directly that they REFUSE to allow me to watch their content with a browser that just happens to be embedded into a set top box. Instead, they make you feel as though your equipment just isn't good enough. Poppycock!

So, what can I do? Well... I end up taking my laptop, connecting it up with an HDMI cable to my receiver and then running Chrome off my laptop, navigate to the web site, and play the EXACT SAME CONTENT ON THE EXACT SAME DISPLAY USING THE EXACT SAME BROWSER and it works. For some people this isn't that much of an issue, if you're on the whole Home Theater PC (HTPC) bandwagon you may do this already. It's what I *USED* to do too, but I also used to watch movies on Videodisc.

I bought Google TV because I wanted a more power-friendly manner of viewing web content without having to leave a PC on all the time. I try and be good to the environment and conserve whenever possible. Google TV seemed like a good way to have a very low-consumption device attached to my TV that would give me access to this content without having to fire up a power-hungry quad-core desktop bohemeth. It also saves my sanity by not producing the same amount of white noise as a PC and allows me to listen to content at lower volume levels.

I said earlier that I believe in paying for the content I consume. I meant that. And I understand that the networks need to make money in order to keep producing this content. I also will not begrudge someone for making MILLIONS of dollars on content they produce that's wildly popular. If it's good, they deserve to be rewarded, and I'll happily do my part. The value of that content to me personally should not be altered based on the profit of those producing the content. I'm not one to say "Hey, that guy already made MILLIONS off this content, so I'm not going to pay!". Unfortunately; I don't think Big Content sees things the same way.

Big Content seems to think that this is a zero-sum game. If anyone else is making money off content, it's money THEY should be making. End to end control of all revenue made on content is theirs and no one else should be able to make money in the process. I can only assume that's their stance with Google TV, as I have not heard one HONEST statement come from Big Content to explain their actions. So what does Google really make here? I don't see as they make anything. They get their operating system and applications in front of more users and gain the ability to gather more information about individual viewing habits to ultimately provide better targeted advertisement in their other products. They are not overlaying ads on top of video content, and they're not replacing ads in the content owner web sites with their own. Their gain is in profiling users. That's a topic for another conversation, but it's one I don't have an issue with. I'd rather go to a web site and be met with ads for BMW's latest and greatest vehicle than ads for feminine hygene products.

Big Content makes the most money when people watch advertisements on live TV. Placing a 30 second commercial during Family Guy isn't cheap. I assume that advertising through forced commercials during web content comes in at a distant second place (including content delivered through Hulu) and banner ads on their web site coming in a VERY distant third.

I see their concern about technology platforms such as Google TV as it makes it INCREDIBLY easy for users to both time-shift as well as source-shift their content from live TV (and time-shifted equivilants such as DVR) to web based content. As technology such as Google TV is adopted by an increasing number of consumers, their traditional revenue stream would shrink. An advertiser is going to spend considerably less money reaching 5,000,000 viewers through live TV as they would 35,000,000 viewers. Here's the catch with that; when I DVR American Dad I can EASILY skip through all the commercials and not watch a single one. It's painlessly easy and I will admit that I simply do NOT watch commercials when viewing content on my DVR. Google TV, on the other hand, was a different story. The way the network stream content through the web, you're pretty much FORCED to watch commercials. You can't fast forward through them and you have no choice but to watch what they show you. This seems like an incredible opportunity to me for the networks to increase advertising costs for web content to offset the loss in advertising revenue in live TV streams while at the same time INCREASING the effectiveness of those advertisements and making those advertisers happier! It's an opportunity for them to offer rich-media style integration between advertisements and web content so users watching an ad can click through and go to a web site for more information or additional content. This is something you simply can't get through live TV broadcasting.

So.... We can see that adapting their business model could help them bolster revenue, deliver better service to consumers, and provide more effective advertising for their advertising partners. For me, it's a no brainer. I'd do it in a heartbeat. But looking at Big Content's history, they have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future and they seem PETRIFIED of technology in general. WE are the viewers, WE are the ones that give their content power and give them the ability to make money by giving them OUR time. In return, WE are the ones that suffer. WE are the ones that are treated as criminals. WE are the ones that are sued into oblivion in order to allow them to keep their aging business ideas alive.

WE are also the ones that let this happen.

Our politicians are in bed with Big Content in more ways than you can imagine. The very individuals we elect to serve US and OUR interests choose to serve themselves and those that give them the biggest campaign contributions.

Chris Dodd breaking promises not to become a lobbyist and then jumping from the Senate to the MPAA.

Federal judge Beryl Howell, a former RIAA lobbyist, ignoring personal jurisdiction and due process in mass infringement cases. This Federal Smudge feels that it's fine to lump all the mass copyright lawsuit defendants together because it's EASIER for the plaintiffs. She claims that it's better for the defendants too, but I'm struggling to see HOW. She also helped write the DMCA. Go figure.

Lets not forget COICA or the secretly negotiated ACTA that affects almost everyone, regardless of what country you live in.

And if you're not already fed up, make sure you go read about what Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is doing with their recent domain seizures when it targets 84,000 LEGITIMATE sites and brands those sites as being distributers of child porn.

Thankfully, Senator Wyden called them out on the legality of their seizures. This video is amusing in regards to the domain seizures and Victoria Espinel calls out some of these very issues.

So, In closing, I think I've answered a lot more than what you asked and would love to write more. But I came home from work, and have been writing this post ever since. I'm hungry and cranky and really need to eat...

I also need to go find a torrent for American Dad..... Unless my Google TV somehow became "compatible". :icon6:
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Great reply Apophis. I can see I am going to have a lot of fun writing this book!

Here in Canada we have an even higher level of media concentration (fewer media/telcom/broadcast/news firms owning more outlets) than the US. One of these firms, CanWest (now defunct) proudly announced their new business slogan a few years ago:

"If you can see it, watch it, read it, hear it or download it, we want to be the source" (paraphrased here, but that was the intent and clear meaning).

The key is the corporate logic of absolute control.

For me, the issue is the failure of the belief system behind the broadcast/media industry. Technology is a no brainer, and so is actual audience behaviour. But a belief system steeped in illusionary and wishful thinking is at least a partial explanation for the failure of the industry to adapt.

I could not possibly add to Apo's epic post, but I have this to add:

You have the content companies, who have failed at adapting to the new landscape. You have technology, that has totally moved on, and has left content as a literal bit part in the new media landscape. (youtube, of course, being far more relevant than traditional media producers). Companies that are trying to enforce a 30 year old business scheme on todays technology. The loss of the music industry (because it's done, nothing will ever bring it back) could have completely been circumvented had some smart music company bought Napster in early 2000. Instead, they decided to sue, and not upgrade their industry. T.V. has done a little better, but not much. Either find a way to make your customers happy, or fail.

People don't want to sit there and just watch your dumb adverts anymore. They want to choose when, where and what they watch. Adapt or die.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

What do you think about these industry expectations?
                  There's money to be made in constraining the system to their desires--it'll happen in one form or another. Whether it will be friendly to the consumer or not is an uncertainty on which I won't comment (though my cynicism obviously points me toward it being less so). That said, I don't see myself paying for "general" content anytime soon.

What are your TV viewing habits (how and where do you access TV beyond simply watching it on TV).
                  Content-wise, while there are some exceptions, I tend to gravitate towards the educational/documentary/'edutainment'-side of programming. If the Discovery or History networks decide they want to show something of that nature (as in, not crab fishing, lobster fishing, swamp logging, regular logging, ice trucking, regular trucking, foreign trucking, airborne trucking, sharpshooting contests, midget families, families that treat the mother's reproductive organs as a clown car, idiot families of politicians, COPS: Animal Law, or other similar things I don't want to see [read: "reality" TV]), I may watch it as long as the commercials manage to not drive me away. Otherwise, it's almost purely DVDs (not that they're free of commercials...but there are methods to beat said commercials if they get a little too offensive) of the programs I do find interesting. Even then, the DVDs (or TV) are usually set on a sleep timer as I lay down, such that it may take weeks for me to get through an hour of actual programming (case-in-point: I bought both the Planet Earth and Life collections on DVD as soon as they were released--I still see fresh material because of my viewing methods). In all honesty, I just don't have the patience or interest in following the constraints placed by network TV.

I've been involved in the creative process for the media industry and as a result of my personality melding with experience, I've become largely jaded and cynical in the production values of almost all media entertainment that currently exists. I wouldn't bat an eye at Hollywood or any of the other major media mills going down in flames.

That all said, I'm not exactly a useful example of a demographic. If you want to find people that this subject matter really concerns, seek out those with an attraction to sports. Someone that needs their respective sports programming (namely, football/soccer) will go to some amazing lengths to acquire it.

Can't stand advertizing, Cable and Dish are a rip off, and why record some crap cause you wont be home when it airs when you can watch most anything online when ever you want? Net flix is all I pay for. I quit the theater too, 10 dollar to buy the ticket, 4 dollar soda? 6 dollar bucket of popcorn? So I can sit in an uncomfortable chair, behind a giant hair doo blocking the screen with a loudmouth behind me, No thanks ! I left my ( chump panties ) at home with my ( please shoot me now ) T-Shirt.

Some excellent posts.

For myself, I am 25, and have been living without a TV for over 2 years now. I don't miss it. I have a fibre internet connection with 50mb down speeds. I watch everything on my PC, laptop or iPhone. Between BBC iPlayer, other channel streaming for free, Sky streaming, or the occasional torrent for older content, I am good to go. All my live content is covered, and I can back watch pretty much anything. Plus rumours of Netflix hitting Europe are all over......More importantly the UK, but thats a different issue! ;) Also, my new mobile network over here gives me totally unlimited 3G downloads again, so I am good to go on the go as well again.

When I do occasionally fly back to Northern Ireland and visit the folks, I am always left wondering at their willingness to sit in a room, watching what they are told to watch. They often complain about the content on TV, yet have a moan and sit and watch it anyway, adverts and all, whereas I simply can't do that any more. They are however of an age where the TV was central to home entertainment, and will never shake that off. I have bought them DVD players in the past, and they are never used. In particular my father is very easily influenced by the TV selling channels, many times buying absolute junk at extortionate prices. His most recent was a HTPC, which was not actually a bad choice, however, he thought it was a desktop PC, not for the TV. And when you consider that the internet there is 0.5mb it is kind of pointless, so it was thankfully returned, which was just as well as they had charged about 150 more than I found it on Amazon within 30 seconds of seeing it. And there in lies the crux of the issue here, a generational thing, which goes on hand in hand with what others have commented on above, about there always being a core group still clinging to the old model, because that is their comfort zone, and they do not have the infrastructure in their area to move past it.

These are all amazing and insightful comments!

Thank you.

I do believe that we are entering into a "post-TV" era, one that is very different than the mode of TV watching I grew up with.

Now as to how the MAJORITY of people will experience TV . . .

Sorry e-male….
                          As I get older I see less and less need for the TV, and also being an older parent of a young child, I am teaching my child the value of books and the mind numbing effects of TV.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                          George S. Patton

REply to OP questions without reading the other posts.

*What do you think about these industry expectations?
                            It is a tough call, but in the city where I live among 18 to 30yr olds I'd guess, I know very many people who do not own a cable tv connection of any kind. Most have internet. In more suburban areas away from the city, time seems to move slower and less people including young adults have ditched TV (cable or antenna). It is hard to predict whether these 'behind the curb' individuals ever will. I would gamble that a good portion of them will keep consuming tv content and will be paying for it for a long time out of habit and because of ease of use.

*TV viewing habits: I do watch some tv at work. But other than that I haven't watched any for aboot 7 years. On the internet I watch anything I set my mind on. What is remarkeably different for me compared to my fellow countrymen still hooked to the tv, is that I watch shows and programmes from all over the (mostly english speaking) world. ALso I watch things when they come out, instead of watching things when they get sold to TV in my country. If you watch TV in Belgium you are usually a season behind.

After reading some of the other posts:

I feel some here underestimate the desire of many people to have their food pre-chewed; to have their programmes selected for them.

On the internet you are always faced with a decision and vmany possibilities. This causes fear and anxiety. Many people would rather be told what to think than to think for themselves.

I think the IT crowd, that visits forum like this is hardly a good representation of the general populace, rather it is a niche group. I certainly hope people will become choosers and leave TV behind.

But I fear that the opposite may happen: the big media compagnies are succeeding more and more in making the internet more pre-chewed. THey are using people's laziness and modern tools like facebook coupled with various algorithems that 'personalize' your web experience in such a way that -unless you put in time and effort to find your own content- you very easily slip into this mode where you get the same sort of pre selection that TV had. In fact, you end up on websites owned by the same compagnies roughly that own the TV business.

With some sadness i must conclude that we are most likely not entering a new renaissance of choice and critical thought. The business interests will capture most of us trough our laziness.

Proof? In the reporting about media in the EU the internet is not an issue that ever makes it to the news. However I follow this, and there is a severely unholy collusion of big mediagroup-lobbying and US pressure (related to mpaa and such) that is changing our legislation to stifle openness and choice. The totally unknow-to-the-public secretly negociated ACTA deal between the US, THE EU, and the big media interests is at the heart of it all, and it is a travesty of our democratic rights.

So again in short:

Laziness+PowerfulLobbying => internet becomes like TV

Let's hope I'm wrong, for God's sake.

Another bit of proof: people buy apple products: pay more for less, but avoid the anxiety of choice.
                            Last edited by BigGaayAl; 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM.

My reasoning in the above post was influened a lot by this speaker at TED:

Eli Pariser: Beware online "filter bubbles"

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed