The bombers were from my city

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bombers were from my city

The remains of four of the London suicide bombers have been identified. They were Britons from Leeds where I live, not al Qaeda agents that have snuck in from abroad. Something is going wrong when people are willing to kill themselves trying destroy their own country.

more details:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4679001.stm
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: The bombers were from my city

Originally posted by Wintermute
    The remains of four of the London suicide bombers have been identified. They were Britons from Leeds where I live, not al Qaeda agents that have snuck in from abroad. Something is going wrong when people are willing to kill themselves trying destroy their own country.

more details:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4679001.stm

im sorry i disagree with this statement entirely, i know they were born here, they may even be third generation migrants, i refuse to accept these were anything other than islamic extremist, and will not give anyone a hard time over the fact they lived here. what country exactly does al Qaeda come from, none... they are a terrorist cell, and the reports in the press is that up to 3000 british born muslims could have gone through al Qaeda training camps.

these were not British, they dont represent a nationality, al Qaeda dont represent a nationality.

they were british born, and this is only going to make a muslims life harder in this country, not easier... there have already been petrol bomb attacks on mosques around the country.

one muslim man beaten into intensive care... if this was the intended result of the attacks, im not sure i understand what they stood to gain.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

i guess we just dont understand what can be gained by blowing yourself up and cuaseing more hatred for a nationality. I know many muslims and have talk to them about things topic. They hate that the extremeist use muslim and their religion for this kind of act. The extremeists make up some 15%(no need to specifie this is fact) of all muslims, they are makeing the rest look bad.

Muslim people are a very smart and great people. Our numbering system is arabic/muslim. alot of our science ideas are muslim. Just dont count the rest of the muslim nation in with the bad ones.....

America's heart is with Britian and we feel your pain.
      Last edited by Trooper; 07-13-2005, 05:08 PM.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

While not every Muslim blows himself up in a crowd of children being given candy, as happened today in Iraq, no-one BUT Muslims are blowing themselves up: This is a Muslim problem to solve, ultimately.

When General Sherman rolled into the South in the War of Northern Aggression ( :icon16: ) he determined to blur the line between the rebel soldiers and the population that harbored and supported those soldiers.

Same thing is happening here. Western Civ. can arrest and kill pretty much every damn Muslim on the planet if it comes to that. A much better solution would be for Muslims to take responsibility for the actions of these few who smear their entire culture, and "take care" of them, instead of harboring them and giving them real and tacit support.

Comment

America has had its share of homegrown 'domestic' terrorists--religous or otherwise. I work next to the memorial of one of their actions. So I can empathise with what Britons must be feeling.
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8BATAHG0.html

Steven Simon, a national security aide in the Clinton administration, said previously unknown groups of attackers "are coming out of the woodwork" in Europe, where Muslim communities tend to be less prosperous and integrated than they are in the U.S.

"It doesn't look like the kind of infrastructure that exists in Europe has been discovered here," said Simon, a senior Rand Corp. analyst who is co-author of the upcoming book, "The Next Attack."

He said he considers such attacks here unlikely in the near term, but said that could change if the Muslim population becomes as alienated as it is in Europe.
            I found this interesting. I thought that the muslim culture was more integrated in Britain and Europe than in the USA.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yes, i think its time, we invesigate mosques around the country, all the bomber congregated in a mosque up t 3 times a day, and obviously planned these attacks, Abu hamza the cleric arrested for insighting racial hatred done so inside hi mosque,

while we are not trying to persecute muslims, and not advocating harm to muslims (as this would make us worse than them and also let them win) we ask, where the hell were the rest of the muslims who knew these people, and saw these people acting strangley. where are the marches from the muslim community in London to demonstrate against this. the Musim community quite rightly need to be outwardly shoping these people and demonstrating against them. if for no other reason but to show solidarity. we have people holding up banners today, not good enough, im sorry but these attacks are in the name of islam, now some cleric every now and then saying ahh well we dont agree is not god enough they should be out in their numbers showing the people (who in many ways have allowed imigration to our nations during the 60's and counltess assylum seekers granted asylum through nothing more than generocity ) some real support, because at the moment as a white English man, i dont have any faith that behind closd doors more people than you think are saying good, because they disagree with our foriegn policy.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                i guess we just dont understand what can be gained by blowing yourself up and cuaseing more hatred for a nationality. I know many muslims and have talk to them about things topic. They hate that the extremeist use muslim and their religion for this kind of act. The extremeists make up some 15%(no need to specifie this is fact) of all muslims, they are makeing the rest look bad.

Muslim people are a very smart and great people. Our numbering system is arabic/muslim. alot of our science ideas are muslim. Just dont count the rest of the muslim nation in with the bad ones.....

America's heart is with Britian and we feel your pain.
                Umm 15%... I seriously doubt any notion of that amount. The extremists probably only make up less than 5% of the total Muslim population. Probably less than 1% when you are considering terrorist.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Calling them "bombers" is not polliticly correct.... they deserve the same title as every other person like them. Terrorists.

Winter, I'm sorry your nation had to deal with such events. It's unfortunate that there are people in the world that dont agree with freedom.
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

15% percent includes all the people involved in the whole idealogical extremeists...just took a world religions class and that was the statistic they gave from a few sources....
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                      yes, i think its time, we invesigate mosques around the country, all the bomber congregated in a mosque up t 3 times a day....
                      If I recall my comparative religion classes, orthodox islam followers are SUPPOSED to go to the mosque at least three times per day, and pray 5 times per day. The fact that they went to the mosque is neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                        If I recall my comparative religion classes, orthodox islam followers are SUPPOSED to go to the mosque at least three times per day, and pray 5 times per day. The fact that they went to the mosque is neither here nor there.
                        oh i beg to differ, this is one incident, abu hamza was a religious leader insighting hatred and urging young muslims IN LONDON to fight against the west, he was teaching young boys and taking daily prayers... he is awaiting trial, there have also been several others from several mosques, there are aproximatly 1 million muslims on england,

you tell me that number is acceptable when you consider somne of the religious leaders are insighting hatred and suicide bombings aswell.

if you can look me in the face, and tell me this is not cause for concern and that some kind of investigation into this isnt needed.

you consider how many people ahve passed through these mosques who live among us, and you tell me, you feel comfortable knowing that next to nothing is being done to check this.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8BATAHG0.htmlI found this interesting. I thought that the muslim culture was more integrated in Britain and Europe than in the USA.
                          The muslim and asian population is large in some parts of the UK, whereas I believe it is very small in the US. In Bermingham I believe the majority are asian. I think it is similar to the way the mexican population is integrated into America - they are often found living in the most deprived areas.

That said, I think muslims are more welcomed than mexicans appear to be in the US. The nation's favourite meal out is a curry, few muslims are illegal imigrants and most are hardworking and entreprenurial in the best British spirit.

Saying all muslims should be held accountable for a few's actions is rediculous. Interviews with friends and family of the bombers show them being completely surprised. The family of one bomber reported him missing that morning, another bomber worked as a teaching assistant in a school. They did not go around muttering "kill all infidels!" and "jihad" under their breath all day.

You can not hold all the Irish responsible for the IRA, or all Jews responsible for the actions of Israel. You can not hold all muslims responsible for al Quaeda.

That said, the muslim community is taking stock and looking at what more it can do in its own interests to root out the potential terrorists.

The Government is also looking at strengthening laws against inciting, encouraging and glorifying terrorism to target people like Abu Hamza. Of course this is a restriction on our right to free speech.
                          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                            Saying all muslims should be held accountable for a few's actions is rediculous.
                            Yes, but at the same time, I'm always very disappointed that mainstream muslims don't denounce the actions of the extremists a bit more loudly...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                              America has had its share of homegrown 'domestic' terrorists--religous or otherwise. I work next to the memorial of one of their actions. So I can empathise with what Britons must be feeling.
                              My wife was attending college when OKC's bombings occured, as you know that's not that far away....as a Texan who lives in oklahoma I can understand the impact. Escpecially since I had close friends who were in law enforcement there at the time.

And I was in New York shortly after that terrible event.

Not only that but we have had our share of religious nuts (yes nuts) in Texas. Most recent Waco.

Anyways. I hope we can get these weeds out of the lawn that is the world. To bad roundup dosen't work on Terrorists.
                              Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                              Sir Winston Churchill
                              British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...