Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama Bin Laden dead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

this just hit the waves, i wonder if it's true.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead

I love how Fox News can't even spell his name right.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Several US representatives have reportedly confirmed that he is. Still waiting for Obama's announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
        I love how Fox News can't even spell his name right.
        Suggested headlines for Fox News tomorrow morning:

"In an effort to revitalize languishing 2012 re-election, Obama eliminates Bin Laden"

"Did Obama really help capture Osama?"

"Where's the long form death certificate?!"

"Obama Traumatizes Family" -- (More relevant if you know where they found Bin Laden.)

"The Troops capture Bin Laden, despite efforts by Obama to reduce their numbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
          Suggested headlines for Fox News tomorrow morning:

"In an effort to revitalize languishing 2012 re-election, Obama eliminates Bin Laden"

"Did Obama really help capture Osama?"

"Where's the long form death certificate?!"

"Obama Traumatizes Family" -- (More relevant if you know where they found Bin Laden.)

"The Troops capture Bin Laden, despite efforts by Obama to reduce their numbers!"
          "Black man kills guy, gets away with it"

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

hahahahahah!!!!!!

That video....+1

/Thread.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

As I'm sure you've heard, large crowds are gathering in front of the White House. Being a GW student living 4 blocks from the White House, I immediately put down my books and ran, along with hundreds of other students, down Pennsylvania Avenue to celebrate. It was a surreal feeling to see so many American united.

Comment

Bout god damn time. According to a CNN blog it was the Navy SEALS who killed Osama.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02...bject-unknown/

Another interesting read:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...ons/index.html

Retaliation expected by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                Erwin Rommel

Comment

Not just retaliation from terrorist groups but Pakistan is going to be pissed. Apparently they weren't informed of the raid before hand. Imagine what we'd do if another country ran a human operation inside our borders. We'd be pissed.

At least people have a sense of closure. Unfortunately it's not likely to suppress future terrorism. Although many people seem to think this is a huge event, it remains to be seen how impactful it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    Not just retaliation from terrorist groups but Pakistan is going to be pissed. Apparently they weren't informed of the raid before hand. Imagine what we'd do if another country ran a human operation inside our borders. We'd be pissed.

At least people have a sense of closure. Unfortunately it's not likely to suppress future terrorism. Although many people seem to think this is a huge event, it remains to be seen how impactful it really is.
                    Pakistan wasn't informed because they knew damn well where he was and weren't telling us. If we had informed Pakistan, we wouldn't have gotten Bin Laden. Apparently they aren't as good at playing both sides as they thought.
                    sigpic

Comment

Of course. I wasn't implying that we ought to have informed them. However, whether or not they play both sides, we formally treat them as a sovereign nation. So they've got the right to be pissed. It's unlikely anything big will come of that. I was just mentioning it.

Comment

I noticed that President Karzai (Afghanistan) had a very rapid "I told you so" reaction, basically saying "see, we told you guys he wasnt here. we told you he was in Pakistan. We told you that Pakistan is 'terrorist friendly', but nooooooo, nobody ever listens to us. So get out of our country, if you dont mind."

Comment

I dont think Osama got killed, I think that he had already been killed...years ago.

I think this annoucement of his death was just saved for a special occasion....uhmm lets say, when the American people is starts losing faith in their goverment......2012 elections, here we come !

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Or, he was killed yesterday by a team of Navy SEALs, his body was identified through DNA testing, and he was buried at sea.

But yeah, your thing is totally possible too.

Comment

Well, it took a while, but he's finally dead. Good riddance!

Now can we leave Afghanistan?
                              |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X