• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan fears U.S. conspiracy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclus...akistani-anger

HUH?

Re: Pakistan fears U.S. conspiracy

Nothing shocking from what I understand.

I find it ridiculous that Pakistan is acting so incredulious about the operation. Their media machine is shifting the event from a killing of a terrorist and a victory of the war on terror to a quagmire of Pakistan conspiracy theories and politics. The whole government is going about this the wrong way; you were caught with your hands red... you are either in cahoots or you are grossly incompetent. Admit this and seek reforms. Don't play the 'woe is us we are doing the best we can!' If this is the best you can, then I say lets leave you to your problems and goodbye.

Comment

The thing we need to look at is that if its possible to really keep Osama hidden in a place like Pakistan, which has a border which Taliban fighters can walk to and from Afghanistan. Question is, is it possible, he could have hidden for so long without Pakistan knowing?

I mean if he is hiding in a big building and doesn't ever come out, who is going to suspect anything?

Now this goes without saying, I'm not saying they were not hiding him [The Pakistani Gov, or they knew about him], that is a possibility, but also him not being known by Pakistan is another possibility. Does this make them incompetent? Maybe. But if he was simply hiding and never came out at-all, then it would be very hard to know where he was.

My other thought was that Pakistan didn't want the brunt of reprisals which may occur because of his death. If Pakistan do not have involvement, they possibly might not get the blame, although al-Qeada have already promised reprisals against the Pakistani government.

In the statement, al-Qaida also called on Pakistanis to rise up in revolt against its leaders to "cleanse the shame." It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.
      Maybe we shouldn't be going after Pakistan here although maybe we should be. But we don't know the full picture, otherwise everything else is just pure speculation.
      Last edited by NorthPlum; 05-12-2011, 05:56 AM. Reason: clarify/added source

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
      Erwin Rommel

Comment

No one should go after Pakistan but Pakistan itself. We may continue our 'symbiosis' with the nation so long as it benifits us both... but in the end if they are going to constantly fear us whats the point? Theyll be a scared 'ally' which isn't an ally at all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X