• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity Elephants

Awesome is all I have to say.

Re: Infinity Elephants

Circles breeding circles?!?!?
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
      Awesome is all I have to say.
      agreed,
      sigpic

Comment

Vi Hart is awesome. I'm subscribed to her channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vihart
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I am excited to find out she and I had the same music composition teacher, though at different times and for me only very briefly as I was not really good at it.

Comment

Am I correctly inferring that you "ragequitted" from music composition?

Comment

I did suck pretty badly.

Comment

Awesome, and strangely hot.
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Entertaining to watch, but the point eludes me. I confess that I barely passed the "dumbass"-level algebra class. The one they give math rejects in an effort to graduate us on time.

Comment

Well there's no deep point being made in this particular video. It's just that some doodling games are an examples of some very interesting mathematical results. Perhaps the overall point of the series of videos is that the subject of math is far more interesting than whatever boring drab is taught in math classes. Very intricate mathematical results can even be gleamed just by reflecting on your bored doodlings. She seems to be against our current methods of math education. I agree. What they teach in math classes these days isn't how to do math. Memorization of some forumlae is not the same thing as knowing how to do math. And we should be teaching students how to do math not mere memorization of forumlae. Maybe this is why you barely passed the dumbass math class. It's probably because you were bored out of your mind and didn't see how it really applied to anything, so you didn't put in any effort in to what you saw as pointless. Just another example of our education system failing us.

Comment

I failed my way through math in high school and spent a summer catching up in summer school (a horrible time), but I learned quite a lot watching that video!
                        Last edited by E-Male; 05-19-2011, 12:41 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I never really had trouble with math class. But I never appreciated or understood what mathematics was about until long past math classes.

Comment

All HS math is pretty simple (besides possibly Calc BC, but that just takes more experience), but it is amazing what you can do with it from Vihart's many videos.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                              But I never appreciated or understood what mathematics was about until long past math classes.
                              Which is unfortunate. Throughout the K-12 schooling years, it's basically all memorization and ends up being labeled "wtf will I ever need this for?" by a lot of students. Then when they get to college and have to take a few Calculus courses, the intrinsic value is completely lost on them.

Then again, there's the alternate problem with people that do see the value in math while refusing to acknowledge any liberal arts material. Also known as: "Your writing sucks, smacktard. You have one more chance to not embarrass yourself."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X