Good News... We're the Good Guys!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News... We're the Good Guys!

During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents.
    Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.

Full Story with Video of Tschiderer getting shot. Mild warning for Real World Terrorist ******* Shooting a US Soldier. It's not graphic, but real.
    New to TG?

Re: Good News... We're the Good Guys!

good to hear he came out ok, and even more heroic that he did not smash this guys head through the floor when he found him... i will admitt it, i would be hard pressed not to kill a guy who tried to kill me... let alone help him... truely heroic...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I saw this yesterday but I don't rmember where. That medic is an awesome man.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

That is the most rewarding thing I have ever seen in my life.

I'm sure he gave aid to the sniper AFTER he stomped the living **** out of him.
        I'm not the Killer Man...
        I'm the Killer Man's son...
        But I'll do the killing...
        Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rahn
          That is the most rewarding thing I have ever seen in my life.

I'm sure he gave aid to the sniper AFTER he stomped the living **** out of him.
          No.

The point of the story is that he respected him which God knows I could not. That medic is either overly idealistic, hit his head to hard when he fell, or truly a great medic (and person in general I'm sure). I vote for the latter :D

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

i need to invest in kevlar....75yards with a sniper rifle....wow!

I would have been a little upset
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]

I would have been a little upset
              i was going to say, what did he shoot him with... and man whoever is making that kevlar give them a raise..... :icon16:

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                Let's not give the rifle too much credit as a sniper rifle. Yes, it was designed to be an accurate weapon, but it's still an AK variant and isn't too impressive: http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/manual/english/svd/

It uses the 7.62 x 54R cartridge which lets it reach out a bit further than the 7.62x39 that the AK-47 uses, but still...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I saw this on the news last night and they had him and his parents on the show.

I think the bullet hit his thumb and then reflected and hit the kevlar which gave him a bruise on his chest. Something to that effect.

SephirothValentine, there is no point to the story, what are you getting at?

He tended to the guy because he is a medic and that is what medics do. The sniper left his weapon and was unarmed so the medic should and did help him. Never the less, that sniper rightfully deserves to get his face stomped on by the medic's boot. Whether it was done or not, who knows and who cares, it's up to the medic to make that decision as he was the one who was shot.
                  I'm not the Killer Man...
                  I'm the Killer Man's son...
                  But I'll do the killing...
                  Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

I would love to hear a translation of what the insurgents are saying during the attack as well as the rest of the footage.
                    MrBadass_88 -Tactical Gamer since 2005-

Comment

i think after they shoot him they are saying priase allah. they say that over and over
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

The sniper and the person filming were saying "Allahu Akbar" which means "God is great". They were celebrating since they thought they killed him.

Comment

I bet they crapped their drawers when he popped back up.
                          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

haha I was thinking the same thing ^^^.

That is true class. Glad to hear a story like this, we hear to much negativity these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetch
                              haha I was thinking the same thing ^^^.

That is true class. Glad to hear a story like this, we hear to much negativity these days.

amen

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...