Independence Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day

We should just cancel the holiday and send everyone back to work.

It just celebrates insurgents fighting the world's greatest superpower acting in its just role as the world's policeman, anyway.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Independence Day

Some beach bums are idiots? I guess this is some sort of surprise for some people.

That said, I picked out every single person that was going to answer it correctly.

Comment

Aaaaarrghhhhh point the microphone at the person who's talking.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Biased. First off, he's leading the questions with incorrect information. Second, you know there were a crapload of people who said things like "dude, the fourth of july has nothing to do with WWII. are you retarded?"

Comment

I got thirty seconds in before I decided this was my reaction:

Ferris, I don't know how you can defend people who don't know what independence day is for, who we're independent from, etc. Basic, BASIC general knowledge. I bet all these people would be kicked out of the Cash Cab TV show on the first question!

EDIT: Oh dear lord, skimmed some of his other videos - he's a freedom fighter alright. Yep, he's on the forefront of keeping us safe from Illuminati forces and NWO. LOL.

My image stands clear. I don't want to live on this planet anymore... LOL
          Last edited by Skud; 07-03-2011, 02:05 AM.
          Skud

Comment

This makes me very sad...seriously. U.S. history is usually taught in the 7th grade give or take a grade. Answering the question of why we celebrate the 4th of July should be as easy as remembering to dot an "i" and cross a "t".

Comment

You mean it's got nothing to do with Will Smith kicking alien butt and taking names?!

In all honesty though when does a holiday ever come to actually celebrate what it was originally intended for? The 4th of July is commonly celebrated with fireworks why? It was the adoption of our Declaration of Independence and has nothing to do with some ritualized symbolic meaning of 'bombs bursting in air'. What does Valentine's day have to do with Saint Valentine? What does Christmas have to do with the birth of Jesus? What does Easter have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? Answer for all the above, Nothing. Plenty of people got it right. A few didn't, other's their answers were misleading and don't really prove they didn't know the origin.

Besides when we celebrate our independence it is our independence, our lack of dependence on other nations and as such is a self reliant, patriotic holiday. Are we really celebrating America's independence? Or our Independence from Britain? I'll let you think that over while I ask if we burn the UK flag or not.

Do I really care if Americans know the 4th of July is based on our independence from Britain? Not really. I take more offense to Sarah Palin butchering Paul Revere's ride when it wasn't even a question asked of her, and yet there's still people out there that think she should be president. That's scary and harmful.

Comment

On Palin's Revere "gaffe" and a similar reporting of Gore "inventing the Internet":

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...e-british.html

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Wow I can't believe people are actually trying to defend Palin. I can't believe that such a trash commentary was published. Palin didn't know what the hell she was saying and worse yet is the fact that Paul Revere gave out intelligence after he was captured, which does not equate to warning the british or 'ringin' dem bells'. Also creating and inventing are not the same term but they are quite similar. Al Gore did take great steps in expanding the internet for use in the US and in other parts of the world. However he still suffered from poor word choice with the words 'created'.

Comment

Umm. How are people like those idiots allowed to function in our society? Can't we banish them to some deserted island? The moon? I seriously wish someone would slap these guys for being so stupid. I've seriously talked to people with downs syndrome who are more intelligent than those beach morons. No exaggeration. I'd call the people in the video "retarded," but that would honestly be an insult to clinically retarded people.
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

More enlightened college students:

http://exposingleftists.com/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X