If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Yeah in NJ it was ridiculously hot, hazy and humid.. Decided to stay inside and crank the central air to about 66. It breaks on sunday i believe.
I hope so! I planned on taking my son to the beach on Saturday but if it's this hot I'm just going to skip it. There will be too many people and I'll end up spending two hours each way in travel opposed to the normal 15 minutes.
I'll likely do the same thing tomorrow you did today. Stay inside with the AC cranking out chilly goodness.
I took that photo on the way home from work just about an hour ago.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.
The worst was when I went outside and the wave of heat just slammed into me. The sun was shining and then it started raining. While the sun was shining. The rain hit the parking lot and turned to hot mist on impact.
"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed
It has been over 100 for almost everyday since early June in central Oklahoma. Many days I look at wunderground.com it is hotter hear than in Phoenix. Today it was only 101 and I went out and did some yard work.
But I really feel sorry for those in the NE. You guys are simply not prepared for the heat. I remember visiting a friends families house north of Boston and was shocked they didn't have AC for the house. Not even a window unit! In Oklahoma that is simply crazy talk.
Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife