X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Congress WTF?????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_907887.html

Re: Super Congress WTF?????

Hahaha. Waw.. I have nothing more to say about the american government and their incompetence on dealing with these issues. I thought it was only the republicans that were crazy, but if the dema are onboard.with.thia aswell then im completely lost.

Comment

This is a joke right? What ever happened to the constitution?

Sent from my EVO

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

This would be an extremely, and unconstitutional, bad idea.
        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

...lift the debt ceiling...
          Does that mean what I think it does? Put us into even higher levels of debt?

Meh, unconstitutional, I hope. Knowing today's world, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow this happened.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Not really sure if raising the debt some more would have so much impact since the amount is so big, how much percent does Obama want to raise it? That is how you should look at it. If it is 10% then it is a lot, if it is 1% then.....

Guess the rich upper layer do not want to have their taxes raised. To me it looks like they are deliberately trying to discredit the 'sitting' government, because why the hell would anyone risk a national crisis in these economical times?

Comment

I guess some people here dont know what the debt ceiling is. Basically, the U.S has to increase itt otherwise they wont be able to pay their bonds and debts. in small words, the united states cant pay their bills. Thus meaning the U.S will default.

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                Not really sure if raising the debt some more would have so much impact since the amount is so big, how much percent does Obama want to raise it? That is how you should look at it. If it is 10% then it is a lot, if it is 1% then.....

Guess the rich upper layer do not want to have their taxes raised. To me it looks like they are deliberately trying to discredit the 'sitting' government, because why the hell would anyone risk a national crisis in these economical times?
                Considering the current figure, it would only make sense for them to raise it a significant percentage (idk, say 40%). I think it's pretty stupid. Just cut back for a bit, start paying off the debts, try and improve the economy and we should all be good in a few years (okay maybe longer).

Besides, we really shouldn't have given out that bailout money. I cringe every time I look at that number. All that money had much better potential uses.

Originally posted by Kwalc
                I guess some people here dont know what the debt ceiling is. Basically, the U.S has to increase itt otherwise they wont be able to pay their bonds and debts. in small words, the united states cant pay their bills. Thus meaning the U.S will default.
                Uh, I'm thinking about it from a micro level here. How different is it from a person with a lot of debts and bills to pay asking for a line of credit extension just to pile those bills onto the "will pay" list? Isn't that what the U.S. would be doing by raising the debt ceiling?

Is the government really paying bills or are we just incurring "I owe yous"?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X