• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party Zombies Must Die

It is a game.

Don't shoot the messenger.
    sigpic

Re: Tea Party Zombies Must Die

What's the difference between a Tea Partier and a Zombie?

Nothing, they're both mindless twats.

Nice find E-male

Comment

Tea party, I have found some clues, but have no idea what the hell this is all about. As far as I know it's group of some (political) people, but no leadership and they oppose to this and that!

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
        Tea party, I have found some clues, but have no idea what the hell this is all about. As far as I know it's group of some (political) people, but no leadership and they oppose to this and that!
        It's an American political movement. Not a party, but associated with the Republicans (the further-right, more conservative party). They don't have an official leader, but people like Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin etc. are often spokespersons for the TPM. They oppose high taxation and public spending on things like national healthcare because they loathe their fellow man.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I would not call it loathing their fellow man, but it could be more so based on not trusting people in office especially when it comes to the economy...

Now, I may not like either of the main parties in the US, but I think the Tea Party some times goes too far and makes it hard for their supporters to keep following through by voting them into office.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It's a political group hijacked by the Koch brothers (look up Koch Industries and their various political groups to see what these *******s are about) and used as an easy way to get poor people to vote against their own interests. Calling its low level supporters "zombies" is probably a pretty fair analysis.

This is why you have unemployed, uneducated (that is, high school and no further), lower class, middle-age people arguing for things like Cap and Trade when that isn't anywhere NEAR what they should truly be interested in. I'm really sure these people are truly for large corporations being able to buy indulgences for the environment. Really, truly sure about that.

Comment

Hey, sort of like the unemployed, uneducated, lower class folk that bought into the "Change We Can Believe In" tagline roundabout four years ago, honestly believing that a single man would be able to cater to their every unrealistic, idiotic desire?

Tea Party is the same sort of malarkey that Democrats (and independents) bought into last election year. It's all politics.

Comment

I love posts like this. It brings out who your en...er, liberals are *evil grin* Thanks E-Male.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

It seems to me that the US citizens are never really satisfied with any president. When Bush Jr. was in power it was all bad, now you have an educated president it still is not good.
                  Does anyone actually realize that Obama needs to clean the mess of the former President(s)? Stuff that has been said about the debt ceiling is hardly Obama's fault. It's been building-up towards this ceiling since the 50's and it sure is not solved within 4 years..... Does everyone think you can lower the debt without the raise of taxes? Someone has to 'bleed', is it not better to ALL contribute to this?

I looks like if you have a democratic president that, that president automatically cannot do anything good in the eyes of a republican and vice versa.......It is the wrong starting point if you have to execute politics like this........Not to mention the commercial companies that 'contribute' money to a president, like they do not want anything in return ;)

@Flarfignuggen: interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                    Hey, sort of like the unemployed, uneducated, lower class folk that bought into the "Change We Can Believe In" tagline roundabout four years ago, honestly believing that a single man would be able to cater to their every unrealistic, idiotic desire?

Tea Party is the same sort of malarkey that Democrats (and independents) bought into last election year. It's all politics.
                    Everything you said there is unmitigated political rhetoric. Also known as garbage I feel undignified for responding to. All I'm saying about the Tea Party is to recognize it's just as full of bull**** as everything else is.

That said, I'd rather vote for a party that at least makes a show of being in my favor, even if they're all scumbags in the pockets of corporations. The GOP is nothing but a pile of fascist fundamentalist Christians at this point. They are not conservatives. They haven't been for 50 years, they sure as hell aren't now. I would LOVE to vote for someone that actually fits the original dictionary definition of "conservative" but they don't exist because the GOP doesn't let give them any support.

Also, Ron Paul is not an option. A person that denies evolution and supports creationism is NOT an acceptable alternative. It demonstrates a clear lack of rational thinking that I see as carrying over quite negatively into the geopolitical world. Hell, it's embarrassing that the man is a ****ing doctor. How the hell do you become a medical doctor but deny evolution?! HE SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT EVERY DAMN DAY! </rant>

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      It's an American political movement. Not a party, but associated with the Republicans (the further-right, more conservative party). They don't have an official leader, but people like Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin etc. are often spokespersons for the TPM. They oppose high taxation and public spending on things like national healthcare because they loathe their fellow man.
                      It's a different point of view. They only feel what they are doing is what's best for America. Nothing different from what Democrats or other parties feel.

That said...

There are some very, VERY weird/silly tea party members. I'm not a member myself, but just about every week there is something cringe worthy. I genuinely feel sorry for some people who joined the Tea Party years ago... It's turned into something quite different.

It seems to me that the US citizens are never really satisfied with any president. When Bush Jr. was in power it was all bad, now you have an educated president it still is not good.
                      Does anyone actually realize that Obama needs to clean the mess of the former President(s)? Stuff that has been said about the debt ceiling is hardly Obama's fault. It's been building-up towards this ceiling since the 50's and it sure is not solved within 4 years..... Does everyone think you can lower the debt without the raise of taxes? Someone has to 'bleed', is it not better to ALL contribute to this?

I looks like if you have a democratic president that, that president automatically cannot do anything good in the eyes of a republican and vice versa.......It is the wrong starting point if you have to execute politics like this........Not to mention the commercial companies that 'contribute' money to a president, like they do not want anything in return ;)
                      Uhhhh, GW was a well educated man.

Every single president inherits the problems of the previous president. Nobody said any of the issues Obama is dealing with are strictly his fault.

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
                      Everything you said there is unmitigated political rhetoric. Also known as garbage I feel undignified for responding to. All I'm saying about the Tea Party is to recognize it's just as full of bull**** as everything else is.

That said, I'd rather vote for a party that at least makes a show of being in my favor, even if they're all scumbags in the pockets of corporations. The GOP is nothing but a pile of fascist fundamentalist Christians at this point. They are not conservatives. They haven't been for 50 years, they sure as hell aren't now. I would LOVE to vote for someone that actually fits the original dictionary definition of "conservative" but they don't exist because the GOP doesn't let give them any support.

Also, Ron Paul is not an option. A person that denies evolution and supports creationism is NOT an acceptable alternative. It demonstrates a clear lack of rational thinking that I see as carrying over quite negatively into the geopolitical world. Hell, it's embarrassing that the man is a ****ing doctor. How the hell do you become a medical doctor but deny evolution?! HE SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT EVERY DAMN DAY! </rant>
                      Pretty disrespectful. If you looked closely, at any party, I'm sure you'll find many things you agree with. It's this kind of "everything SUCKS!" attitude that really stalls a country. If we had simply let Ground Zero sit smoldering and in rubble after 9/11 because "it sucked", where would we be today?

We're at threat level Delta for this thread breaking Godwins law and we're only a few posts in. Do you see how ridiculous calling the GOP "facists" is? GOP != Conservatives. Not every republican is a conservative, just as not every Democrat is a liberal. I'm quite "liberal" but I'm registered Republican. My father is quite "conservative" but is registered Democrat.

I don't see how religious beliefs would affect a man giving care to his patients.

Ya'll need to dial it back from 11 to at least 8.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                        Pretty disrespectful. If you looked closely, at any party, I'm sure you'll find many things you agree with. It's this kind of "everything SUCKS!" attitude that really stalls a country. If we had simply let Ground Zero sit smoldering and in rubble after 9/11 because "it sucked", where would we be today?

We're at threat level Delta for this thread breaking Godwins law and we're only a few posts in.
                        Referring to 9/11 or "Ground Zero" is itself almost its own version of Godwin's Law.

Do you see how ridiculous calling the GOP "facists" is? GOP != Conservatives. Not every republican is a conservative, just as not every Democrat is a liberal. I'm quite "liberal" but I'm registered Republican. My father is quite "conservative" but is registered Democrat.
                        I hate the GOP. They are a horribly twisted, ugly version of what people like to think they are. That is, conservatives, not bible-thumping anti-science luddites. I want a fiscally and socially conservative leader that advocates smaller government and less concern about social issues. Under the classical definition, I would be more inclined to vote Republican. But under the modern interpretation? They don't exist.*

I don't see how religious beliefs would affect a man giving care to his patients.

If he denies the process of evolution, then he should not be ready to use medicines developed in retaliation to classical drug-resistant strains of bacteria (such as MRSA). In this case, he's solid in his beliefs and you can trust what he says...but he is instead irresponsible and incompetent as a medical professional.

If he instead acknowledges the need to use alternative medicines to treat an infection that is resistant to a standard regimen, then he is being highly disingenuous about his beliefs and therefore is untrustworthy in other respects--but at least he knows when to make a good decision...you just can't assume he says anything truthful. My point is, if he's willing to effectively lie to himself about the reality of the world to make it through his professional career, I'm not interested in the man as a political leader.

Believing in a higher power is one thing (and highly irrelevant), denying processes of the world that we can actively observe is completely another. If a given leader was a staunch supporter of Mithra, I wouldn't give a damn as long as he was able to recognize the difference between fairy tale time and "oh god, I'm bleeding" time.

::

*Edit: Correction, they DO exist...it's just that the moment they aren't a hardline follower of the GOP code of conduct, they get tossed out the door for support and made irrelevant in the political realm.

Even more edit: I suppose my basic point is that I want to vote for what would be a Republican party....but never while it's associated with the GOP.

Comment

(Deep sigh) Generally I avoid these posts, but I'll bite briefly. I am a middle of the road, conservative leaning person. Not democrat, not republican. Except for the last (midterm) election, I spend a great deal of time researching the candidates and then placing my vote based on the one who has historically voted towards my beliefs the most. I am a registered Republican, simply because I am too dang lazy to change that. THe irony of all these conversations is the trend seems to bash one party or another. Honestly, I hate them all, because no one truly represents me. When I vote, it is more and more often seeming to be the lesser of the evils presented. The parties seem to lean so far in different directions, it is really hard to find a candidate with similar beliefs as me.

This polarity, in my opinion, is the fault of the people. Nowadays, sensationalism sells. By being so different from your opponents you are trying to differentiate yourself to appeal to a certain demographic, while trying to rope in independants and middle of the road voters for the majority. We are always blaming the current or most recent president, when in reality, it is not a matter of who is or was in office. It is a matter of a slow but steady decline in the way the government runs things, what I feel, is the root of the problem. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't live anywhere else, but the populace has been bought into complacency with the handouts, general security, and standard of living (among other things of course), so change would take a significant catalyst, before it occured.

I do not hate my government, however I am not happy with the state it is in. My opinion is it is harder to succeed independantly now than ever before. Regulations in industry are good, but they really hurt the little guy. Nowadays you need a lawyer, financial expert, an expert in the regulations related to the field of business, overpriced insurance and bonding, etc, and that combination in 1-3 people with the experience is getting harder and harder to find as it becomes more convoluted. Why did we do so well in the beginning first 60-70 years of the 20th century? Because we were the China of the world. Cheap labor, lots of resources. That can only last so long. You are starting to see the beginnings of the peak and then decline in China now. Give it another decade and see the changes there.

When government fosters good economy and a healthy populace (ie the good times roll) then people are happy. Crikey I am rambling, so to conclude, these are only my opinions and impressions from voting and following the news over the years, and I am not citing any thesis papers, or documents related to any of this. Take this ramble and 5 bucks of your hard earned money and buy a cup of starbucks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
                            Regulations in industry are good, but they really hurt the little guy
                            They do, because most of the massive corporations are able to buy exceptions to those same regulations. Likewise, the free market is good, until you're a massive conglomerate and can make the government make rules that excessively favor you or, in some cases, literally prevent you from failing. People need to remember that the same regulations that affect a small business owner and can make their lives hell literally do not apply to the massive companies.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Last edited by sapientiea; 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM. Reason: double

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X