Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspected Suicide Bomber Shot dead!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050722/140/fnxi9.html

this is unfolding as we speak, but the reports are this man was shot as he entered the train. he ran through the ticket barrier and headed straight for the train,

very limited info check the link for more info

the police have been reportd to be plain clohed, and alledgedly the local officer had no idea what was going on whatso ever. it is believed to be a part of the extensive man hunt for the failed bombers of yesterday.

an officer on the news said if the police thought he may be a suicide bomber they are allowed to shoot to kil because he should not be allowed to press the button.

sorry this isnt more detailed im still watcing on the news, and the first few hours of reports are generally incorect and hearsay. we will ave to wait for official statements.

what worys me, if this guy had tried to skip he tube fair and decided he thought he could escape on the train when challenged, he is now dead. not that can blaim the police at all, (as yet with the info i have) because as some my know there were 4 more bombs yesterday tat filed to explode, so they cannot know either way.

if this is one fo the terrorists. good, bloody good job, gve those officers a medal...

as i say, the local bobbies didnt know about it, which mean this is some kind of MI5 or spcial operations survailance pay off.

www.TeamElement.com

Re: Suspected Suicide Bomber Shot dead!!

So, a man who quite possibly commited a minor crime was gunned down on a rail-station and it's "well he could have had a bomb?"

Maybe if British officers had tasers they could have disabled the man rather than shooting him in the back 5 times.

GO FREEDOM!

Comment

Apparently they'd been following him since he left his apartment and he was fleeing from the police when he ran into the train. That's a much different situation than a bunch of bobbies sitting around having a smoke and seeing some guy hop the turnstile.

PS. Don't you two start at it again! :D

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
        So, a man who quite possibly commited a minor crime was gunned down on a rail-station and it's "well he could have had a bomb?"

Maybe if British officers had tasers they could have disabled the man rather than shooting him in the back 5 times.

GO FREEDOM!

What would you do if you were in London, see this man running and have SECONDS to react?

Now, you think "oh no, I don't want to kill a POSSIBLY innocent man" but then you think "****, if I take that chance and this moron actually has a bomb, I might be responsible for the deaths of more than one person."

So before you critizice and become the "monday morning quarterback", put yourself in their shoes...

Also, wait until we get all the information.
        I'm not the Killer Man...
        I'm the Killer Man's son...
        But I'll do the killing...
        Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rahn
          What would you do if you were in London, see this man running and have SECONDS to react?
          What I would do is irrelevant: I'm not a trained police officer.

Now, you think "oh no, I don't want to kill a POSSIBLY innocent man"
          What country are you from? Mexico? I tend to put faith in "innocent until proven guilty." I'll spell it out for you: You don't kill people on the assumption they will do wrong. I thought we left that thinking behind 200 years ago.

but then you think "****, if I take that chance and this moron actually has a bomb, I might be responsible for the deaths of more than one person."
          What if you or a member of your family was that "moron." I mean you're honestly saying it's better to risk killing an innocent man, than waiting for the information or at least trying a non-lethal solution?

Guess what, with people thinking like that, the terrorists are doing their job quite well.

So before you critizice and become the "monday morning quarterback", put yourself in their shoes...
          I would at least have the common decency to not shoot a man in the back at point blank range.

Also, wait until we get all the information.
          So what if he was a terrorist? Justification after that fact doesn't make for good police work. If these cops had been following the suspect for so long, they couldn't just grab him earlier? I mean, they knew he was a terrorist, right? Or did they just suspect him?

They'd rather wait till they HAVE to make that crack judgement which involved killing him and putting other civlians in danger? I'm concerned with the way the situation played out. If the cops were so damn sure this was one of their bad guys, how did he even make it to a train?

And further, aren't American cops supposed to be the "shoot first, shoot some more, then if anyone is left standing ask some questions" guys?

Comment

What country are you from? Mexico? I tend to put faith in "innocent until proven guilty." I'll spell it out for you: You don't kill people on the assumption they will do wrong. I thought we left that thinking behind 200 years ago.
            You do know that ordinary police in England don't carry guns?
            This guy was running away for a reason and these people who did the shooting had a reason to chase and a reason to bring their weapons.
            Obviously this guy wasn't running to get to a movie on time...

There is a reason you shoot someone 5 times in the back of the head while he is in custody in front of a subway full of people....

What if you or a member of your family was that "moron." I mean you're honestly saying it's better to risk killing an innocent man, than waiting for the information or at least trying a non-lethal solution?
            I need more information and it would depends whether or not my family member had a bomb on him/her. If so, I'd have shot them myself. But we don't know all the information so this is all moot.

I would at least have the common decency to not shoot a man in the back at point blank range.
            Do you know if he had his finger on the trigger? If so, would you shoot then?
            Once again, your assuming...

So what if he was a terrorist? Justification after that fact doesn't make for good police work. If these cops had been following the suspect for so long, they couldn't just grab him earlier? I mean, they knew he was a terrorist, right? Or did they just suspect him?
            Wait and see, we don't know the information nor the intelligence they had.

BBC crime correspondent Neil Bennett says the man was under surveillance as a result of evidence gathered from the scenes of the four attempted bombings.

BBC Home affairs correspondent Margaret Gilmore said officers had challenged a known suspect they had been following.

"He ran, they followed him. They say they gave him a warning, they then shot him.

"They brought in the air ambulance. They did everything they can to revive him. He died at the scene."

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man appeared to be wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

Read up a little before you comment...I think this mostly answers your questions and doubts. I hope next time I don't have to hold your hand.

And further, aren't American cops supposed to be the "shoot first, shoot some more, then if anyone is left standing ask some questions" guys?
            I guess you'd prefer that, right?
            I'm not the Killer Man...
            I'm the Killer Man's son...
            But I'll do the killing...
            Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

GO FREEDOM!

yeah sure, but you forget, he was actually running away aparantly stationary non threatening targets are the ones who get tased...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                yeah sure, but you forget, he was actually running away aparantly stationary non threatening targets are the ones who get tased...
                HA! Nice one. :D

I'm curious to see how this story plays out - who was that guy and what's his story?

Comment

Originally posted by AP
                  Heavily armed officers patrolled the British capital with clear instructions to stop suicide bombers - if necessary, with a shot to the head. The patrols were an unusual sight in London, where most officers, or bobbies, are normally seen with little more than a whistle and truncheon.

"If you are dealing with someone who might be a suicide bomber, if they remain conscious, they could trigger plastic explosives or whatever device is on them," said Mayor Ken Livingstone. "Therefore, overwhelmingly in these circumstances, it is going to be a shoot-to-kill policy."
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                    Apparently they'd been following him since he left his apartment and he was fleeing from the police when he ran into the train. That's a much different situation than a bunch of bobbies sitting around having a smoke and seeing some guy hop the turnstile.

PS. Don't you two start at it again! :D

who said it was bunch of bobbies sitting around and seeing him hop a tunrstile...

it is believed to be a part of the extensive man hunt for the failed bombers of yesterday.
                    as i say, the local bobbies didnt know about it, which mean this is some kind of MI5 or spcial operations survailance pay off.
                    both snipped from my original unedited post, as i said, i posted this within hours of it happeneing, now if you followed 7/7 as i did, you would know that the story changed from the initial, "power surge on one tube" to, "a few power surges" then "some people hurt in an explosion" and finally, "a bus just blew up and there has been a majour terrorist attack in london"... and thats just way way simplified... the reason i ruled nothing out and stated it could have been this, is because people jump to the worst case senario first. and we dont know for sure what happened.

just out of curiosity, did anyone know that on thursday, 4 bombs of the same size aproximatly failed to detonate properly in a (suspected) second wave from the 7th. just asking if anyone reported it over there.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                      HA! Nice one. :D

I'm curious to see how this story plays out - who was that guy and what's his story?

i just got off the night shift, ill have to read up on it in tomorrows papper, but last i heard he had no explosives on him, but he was being tracked for some time,

my guess is he is linked to either the first attacks or yesterdays (the four tha failed to hurt anyone) and they were waiting for him to link up with associates, but when he went for the tube, they decided to act...

thas just a guess on what i have heard on the radio this evening, i still dont know for sure anything much... its all still a bit hush hush... noone wants to make a statement because the situation is too delicate.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

just out of curiosity, did anyone know that on thursday, 4 bombs of the same size aproximatly failed to detonate properly in a (suspected) second wave from the 7th. just asking if anyone reported it over there.
                        Yes it was headline news and London remains headline news today. We're with you! :D

Comment

It was all over the headlines!

I admit that I haven't really felt up to reading about it, though. Last I read, they thought they were all duds yesterday. Which doesn't sound very much like Al Queda... Sounds more like dumb high school kids...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality

ok you think the measures are too tough? well thats up to you,

aparantly autralia likes it too, the Australian Prime minister said in a speech after his meeting with Tony Blair (thursday 21st) that "at the apropriate time" he wants the experts who have been controlling the police and emergency services, (their tactics and emergency proceedures) to go to Aussie land and help train their officer to do the same... i found that a tremendous compliment,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

ok you think the measures are too tough? well thats up to you,
                              Wha? Where'd you get that?
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X