Check the Toilet Seat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check the Toilet Seat!

Please, check under the toilet seat before you sit!

p.s. The squeamish among us should NOT watch this!

p.s.s. not my video

sigpic

Re: Check the Toilet Seat!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/telamonia.asp
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I posted this as just a creepy video to entertain the community, not to provide any type of warning or claim that giant spiders lurk in your toilet. If I had been posting an actual warning, I would have chosen a video of an alligator climbing out of a NYC toilet. ;)

But, thanks for the Snopes link. I always enjoy visiting that website.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, I didn't see a disclaimer so I figured it was a real alert, esp. with the preview image for the video. I'm a compulsive fact-checker on Facebook. Alas, the Snopes link doesn't quite match but was the closest I could find.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was gonna be about the LavNav, which tells women if the seat is up or down!

http://www.arkon.com/toiletnightlight.php

If you decide to buy one, this link gives TG a referral bonus:

Order from Amazon.com

Comment

ROFL! I've actually seen that thing before.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the toilet seat being up or down. And, I don't think it has anything to do with my gender. Instead of spending $14 on a light for my toilet, I just turn the light on in the bathroom. Or, if someone was wanting to spend money to fix the toilet set problem, how about a nice, cheap nite-light? ;)

I'm actually kind of interested in what any of our female community members think about the above linked product and if they have considered buying it/already own it.

sigpic

Comment

Re: toilet seat up or down, you should all feel ashamed if you don't leave the lid down. It's very little effort, it helps prevent bad smells from coming out, and for those of us with inquisitive pets, it's nice to know that the cat/dog isn't drinking from/drowning in the toilet.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Some pets have been trained to use the toilet, but they lack the hands to lift the cover.

I recall my female roommate at MIT in the early 80's in great distress after plopping down into the cold water. So now I always leave the seat down.

I've ended up being a "sitter" because my cat wants to stand on the vanity and see what I'm doing and I don't want to soak the top of her head.

Comment

I was raised to lower the seat. It's such an ingrained habit now that I find myself lowering the seat in public restrooms. Ick.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post

I've ended up being a "sitter" because my cat wants to stand on the vanity and see what I'm doing and I don't want to soak the top of her head.
                    Thank you sir you've made my day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post

yeah....my cat likes to put his paws on the rim of the seat and see what I am doing. He has not told me I am spelling my name wrong so I guess I am doing ok....lol
                      |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
                      I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Speaking of urinal targets:

https://quitenormal.wordpress.com/20...s-cleaner-too/

Now if you had a really big restroom (like in an airport) you could put the entire political lineup in there and let people "vote". ;)

Comment

More urinal "art":

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/sofitel.asp

Comment

Mindkill had me all worried there for a second. Now I know it was all fun-and-games. :p Oh well, I usually avoid public restrooms for other nastier reasons.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Some guy was dying on Fraiser Island from a Mouse Spider then being attacked by Dingos, whilst he was down and dying the year after I walked up the same path.

Yeah..

Two kids were attacked by Dingos too about that year after I was there. They ran and the dogs gave chase. One died.

Not funny

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X