I need some opinions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some opinions...

...about something... how do I put this.. something of true substance about something we come across constantly in today's society.

That above is a bit vague and hard to understand, so allow me to rephrase:

I need you to tell me what you believe is a common occurance that makes you really stop and think SOMETHING. Something very serious. And then, I need to know what your opinion on that thing as a whole is, and what you think it means and if it should be changed, and if so how.

Re: I need some opinions...

What.......the.......****......are......you......e xpecting.....people.....to.....say......in.....res ponse.....to....that.....vague.....question.....

Are you on drugs?

:icon_wink
    I'm not the Killer Man...
    I'm the Killer Man's son...
    But I'll do the killing...
    Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

That question really made me stop and think:

Are you on Drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
        ...about something... how do I put this.. something of true substance about something we come across constantly in today's society.

That above is a bit vague and hard to understand, so allow me to rephrase:

I need you to tell me what you believe is a common occurance that makes you really stop and think SOMETHING. Something very serious. And then, I need to know what your opinion on that thing as a whole is, and what you think it means and if it should be changed, and if so how.
        I constantly see people that have had children but that are not parents. I see them in the grocery store, at the mall, in restaurants, at 7-Eleven, at the bank, at gas stations, in cars driving down the freeway, everywhere...

It disgusts me. And I don't know what to do about it. Why do people not discipline and guide their children to do the right thing? In a way, I'm glad, because I know it means that my son will have a leg up on his peers when he grows up and is out on his own. But I'm also afraid that society won't be able to handle this growing problem and that there will be a cultural collapse greater than we can now imagine...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          I constantly see people that have had children but that are not parents. I see them in the grocery store, at the mall, in restaurants, at 7-Eleven, at the bank, at gas stations, in cars driving down the freeway, everywhere...

It disgusts me. And I don't know what to do about it. Why do people not discipline and guide their children to do the right thing? In a way, I'm glad, because I know it means that my son will have a leg up on his peers when he grows up and is out on his own. But I'm also afraid that society won't be able to handle this growing problem and that there will be a cultural collapse greater than we can now imagine...
          Real easy question, and Cing was the first to understand it? :O

Thanks for the input though, Cing.

Comment

I am disturbed daily by the notion of how bigoted, racist, and religiously brainwashed the average Texan can be. How they can believe they are so special and different from who they perceive as "the enemy." How they can refuse to believe people who do not think the same way they do are somehow not human and do not deserve respect or the right to life. It makes me stop and wonder how these people got into power in a nation that touts freedom so widely.

I also wonder some days if my religious beliefs will make me a hated minority in this state or country at some point in the future.

And for those who will claim I'm an alarmist or something of the sort: you notice these things a lot more when you don't agree with them blindly. It's like a white man telling a black man that racism doesn't exist anymore. He believes that only because he's never had to put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
              I am disturbed daily by the notion of how bigoted, racist, and religiously brainwashed the average Texan can be. How they can believe they are so special and different from who they perceive as "the enemy." How they can refuse to believe people who do not think the same way they do are somehow not human and do not deserve respect or the right to life. It makes me stop and wonder how these people got into power in a nation that touts freedom so widely.

I also wonder some days if my religious beliefs will make me a hated minority in this state or country at some point in the future.

And for those who will claim I'm an alarmist or something of the sort: you notice these things a lot more when you don't agree with them blindly. It's like a white man telling a black man that racism doesn't exist anymore. He believes that only because he's never had to put up with it.
              I've lived from one side of the USA to the other and I've never seen a city more racist than Dallas, TX. It's really sickening. And the white folk aren't the only source of racism, either. It's become white vs. black vs. brown. And it pervades everything: city politics, police unions, night clubs, neighborhoods, businesses, you name it, there's a white version, a brown version and a black version... So very sad...

It's one of the things that I miss about California...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Here is something about my everyday life that I wonder about:

Alright, you put a piece of paper in the bathroom, and then take a really hot shower. With all of the steam and everything, the paper gets really wet and soggy and kind of sticks to itself and basically just gets all nasty. So why doesnt toilet paper do the same? Shouldnt it do it more because its biodegradable and water soluble?

Dont even ask how I came up with this question, because I dont even know....
                I think Im going to go call Charmin.
                |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

And the white folk aren't the only source of racism, either.
                  I concur: racism is most definately not a one-way street.

Comment

I've lived from one side of the USA to the other and I've never seen a city more racist than Dallas, TX. It's really sickening. And the white folk aren't the only source of racism, either. It's become white vs. black vs. brown. And it pervades everything: city politics, police unions, night clubs, neighborhoods, businesses, you name it, there's a white version, a brown version and a black version... So very sad...

It's one of the things that I miss about California...
                    I've lived in a lot of places and Dallas is one dump I'll never live in again, and I never had much dealings with the racism part of things, my part of town being lilly-white. If you like fake boobs and people acting like they just walked off the set of the OC then you'll be right at home in Dallas.

Comment

What makes me stop to think is along the line of Cing's: the raising of our country's children. The parents are a big deal, but schools and society are another huge chunk. Kids don't seem to be learning morals or respect anymore, and it bugs the hell out of me.

Take for instance myself. College educated, steady job. When I was a kid, I learned how to be a person from my family, and even moreso from the school. I didn't have to have some ad campaign telling me that smoking is bad, or to drink responsibly, or not to go out and gun down a busload of schoolchildren after playing Super Mario. I came out as an okay person thanks to schools reinforcing the values my family started to teach me.

Now though, it seems like everyone is in a rush, and wants to shift responsibility. Parents think the schools should teach the kids everything, and leave their children to the Babysitter (television). Schools are in such a rush to move children through the system that they force-feed them knowledge without actual values.

The whole thing bothers me, and I wonder what the solution to it is.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I know all about THAT, I would be entering highschool this year. For some reason, though, I'm rather joyous that I'll be homeschooled again.

Comment

One major thing that makes me stop and think would be the lower class' situation. Many that I meet when I go to my job at the hospital seem extremely uneducated (which I know they are). It's not only this though, not only do they seem ignorant of things because of a lack of learning but they seem generally unintelligent.

I finally realized through some thinking that it was because of their lineage and their lack of education. Being born from unintelligent parents probably don't increase their chances in life for having a decent IQ. With no education as a small child there is nothing to stimulate their brains into developing.

This really dooms them into low paying jobs and this is what ultimatly keeps them there. The solution I believe would be not to just increase their standards but to give them better education. This of coarse has been tried and fails for several reasons.

1. We need people like them for jobs that *we* don't want to do.
                          2. It is hard to keep them in school and keep up the quality of them.

Really there are more reasons then this thread can take and I'm only on the crust of the situation. It's horrible but otherwise this is just how things work. Can it be changed? It won't be any time soon is my own answer.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Pregnant mothers who smoke. I am a really tolerant person, and am rarely angered. I have seen 3 instances of this, and every time have snatched the cigarette from their mouth and told them that they should be *insert a random four letter word*ing ashamed of themselves.

Nothing can flare my temper like this.

---

In the UK the social services are really soft on single mothers. It is a real "council house mentality" that says that when you get to 16 you get pregnant so that the government gives you a house. The more kids, the more money. And they then grow up in that environment, and thus most of them do exactly the same thing.

We are paying for other people's children.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                              Pregnant mothers who smoke. I am a really tolerant person, and am rarely angered. I have seen 3 instances of this, and every time have snatched the cigarette from their mouth and told them that they should be *insert a random four letter word*ing ashamed of themselves.

Nothing can flare my temper like this.

---

In the UK the social services are really soft on single mothers. It is a real "council house mentality" that says that when you get to 16 you get pregnant so that the government gives you a house. The more kids, the more money. And they then grow up in that environment, and thus most of them do exactly the same thing.

We are paying for other people's children.
                              I rarely would come to butt in in this manner but.. that is simply sick, the whole concept of it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X