Alternate lifestyle in public

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate lifestyle in public

Eeewwwweee. These guys are practicing their alternate lifestyle in public!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...discrimination
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Alternate lifestyle in public

I love it when it tells me "VIDEO UNAVAILABLE FOR YOUR LOCATION"...talk about geographical discrimination....
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I have been a member of their site for awhile.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I wouldn't but good for them.

Comment

Good for them exercising their rights. Bad for them comparing it to the hardships of gays and lesbians. Probably the worst analogy I've ever heard. As for them not being allowed into stores and the like. Too bad, those are the consequences of openly carrying. Just as they are free to exercise their rights, shop store owners are free to exercise theirs.

Comment

So which activities should shop owners and landlords be forced to endure and which would be unfair discrimination?

If a customer can demonstrate the same certification as an armed uniformed cop, should he be allowed in the shop? Or should the shop owner be able to exclude cops?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Carrying a gun is not a lifestyle. You can easily take it off and go inside if you truly must or shop somewhere else. If we're comparing this to homosexuality or race where it is not a choice to flip on and off like a light switch, it's a pretty lame comparison not even worth bringing up. It is a right for shop owners to exclude people on whatever reasons they wish, just as much as it's a right for people to carry in 40 states.

Also shop owners can exclude cops. It is only when they're executing warrants that store owners are legally bound to allow officers onto the premises. But you can ask them to leave just like you can anyone else.

Comment

Gays don't have to practice affection. They can "leave their gayness at home" just like your firearms owner. Race is of course completely different. But I suppose I could wear a burqua to avoid offending someone who didn't like my skin color, the way I now wear pants to avoid offending people who are offended by the appearance of a scrotum. It's amazing how many people claim that they're injured by the mere pattern of low-power photons (ie. images), though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  Gays don't have to practice affection. They can "leave their gayness at home" just like your firearms owner. Race is of course completely different. But I suppose I could wear a burqua to avoid offending someone who didn't like my skin color, the way I now wear pants to avoid offending people who are offended by the appearance of a scrotum. It's amazing how many people claim that they're injured by the mere pattern of low-power photons (ie. images), though.
                  I don't think anyone is arguing for free expression of PDA, gay or homosexual. That's not any part of the argument for gay rights. The whole point of gays and those of the non-white race being persecuted is that they don't get the same rights as heterosexual couples do. The right to marriage, basic benefits, anything involved in being a normal human being is denied to these individuals. Gun owners do not suffer those problems. Being asked not to trespass on any property is a right for a store owner. If you don't like it, tough cookies, shop elsewhere. Comparing the two is such a pathetic comparison.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...153954962.html

"I call it exercising my right to choose who I instruct in how to use a dangerous weapon," he added.

But the state of Texas may disagree. The Department of Public Safety said in a statement that certified instructors of handgun training are required to comply with all applicable state and federal laws, and added: "Conduct by an instructor that denied service to individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion would place that instructor's certification by the Department at risk of suspension or revocation." The department has said it has begun an investigation.

It seems unlikely that Keller will back down, though. "I'm not going to do it," he told the local news. "I will give up my license to teach before I will teach them," he said, referring to Obama voters and Muslims.

Comment

What a small mind….Gays should be able to show affection where ever they want, some of us are real ugly, and have butt ugly other half’s…should we be allowed to show affection in public just because we are heterosexuals, heck should we be able to reproduce for that matter …Wow something’s will never stop amazing me….

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                      George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post
                        What a small mind….Gays should be able to show affection where ever they want, some of us are real ugly, and have butt ugly other half’s…should we be allowed to show affection in public just because we are heterosexuals, heck should we be able to reproduce for that matter …Wow something’s will never stop amazing me….
                        Some tell me we shouldn't have public nudity because they don't want to see ugly people nude, which amounts to the same argument. (Can you tell I favor legalizing public nudity? ;))

Comment

A store owner reserves the right to bar anyone for any reason from stepping onto their property. They could display a large "NO BLACK PEOPLE ALLOWED" sign in their front store and it would be perfectly within their rights as the store owner to refuse service to black citizens. A store owner could ban all people with last names starting with the letter 'S'. Or with blonde hair. Or drive Volvos. Or believe in Jesus.

Nobody has a right to be on someone else's property. Even I, as a police officer, am constrained by these laws. Unless acting in an official manner and within very specific sets of circumstances laid out on the basis of the 4th Amendment, I, too, am on private property at the owner's consent. I believe there was an incident in Washington in which a police officer was asked to leave a hippy coffee shop as his presence (he was there talking to John Doe the Random Citizen in an unofficial capacity) was "scaring the owner's clientele". So, the police officer left the premises.

So I would agree that the comparison of their "lifestyle choice" towards the debate of homosexual civil rights is moot. Private property is private property.

Comment

Doesn't the Civil Rights Act force operators of "public places" (like stores and malls) to prevent discrimination of access based on race, etc.? I know Senator Rand Paul got a lot of grief during his candidacy for suggesting that the Civil Rights Act got that wrong, that consumers should be the ones who drive tolerance, not the FedGov.

Comment

The federal government would eventually force the store owner to take the sign down, yes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X