US War in Iraq Formally Shutdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US War in Iraq Formally Shutdown

After nearly nine years, 4,500 American dead, 32,000 wounded and more than $800 billion, U.S. officials formally shut down the war in Iraq — a conflict that U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said was worth the price in blood and money, as it set Iraq on a path to democracy.

Panetta formally shuts down US war in Iraq
    sigpic

Its never worth the cost. Period.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: US War in Iraq Formally Shutdown

Welcome home, guys and gals.

Comment

After nearly nine years, 4,500 American dead, 32,000 wounded and more than $800 billion, U.S. officials formally shut down the war in Iraq a conflict that U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said was worth the price in blood and money, as it set Iraq on a path to democracy.
        Add to that around 100 000 civillian casualties and long term support fpr the soldiers returning home.
        I can't imagine the horrors of being right in the middle of that conflict, on either side. It must be very hard to handle mentally and I would not be able to cope I think.

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        I agree.

I hope that there won't be another major war anytime soon.
        Best wishes to the soldiers returning home and to the people of Iraq.
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post

I hope that there won't be another major war anytime soon.
          There probably will be. seeing how unstable some countries are.

Comment

Umm... Afghanistan, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
              Agreed. I was in Iraq in 2007 when the US death toll hit 3500. 4 marines where killed in a house that was rigged to blow. Very sad day indeed. "Our duty now is to not question why they went, but to help them when they return"
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                Very sad day indeed. "Our duty now is to not question why they went, but to help them when they return"
                Amen brother.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                  "Our duty now is to not question why they went, but to help them when they return"
                  ummm, HELLO!

I'm probably going to get banned today for not supporting the military so I have no reason not to call this stuff out.

"Sorry that half your brain got blown out of your head, prolly not best to question our motives for going to this war. Prolly best to just deal with it afterwards. ... Huh? Oh a new war? duuuh. ok."

are you kidding me with this crap? It IS our duty to question why we goto war. If you care at all for any soldier (or w/e) it is you duty to question it and hold those that make the decision to goto war accountable.

Comment

That is entirely up to you. After all, freedom was not given. It was fought for. By soldiers who were doing their jobs, following orders given to them ultimately by POTUS, and other allied nations leaders.

Your issue is with the government not the soldiers who served with us, previously or current. Nor are we unaware of the political nature of such issues either.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

so soldiers should do as they're ordered without thought? and the public shouldnt question why we fight wars?

thats all Im saying here.

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
                        so soldiers should do as they're ordered without thought? and the public shouldnt question why we fight wars?

thats all Im saying here.
                        Mate my comment was directed at the soldier level. Not the government. We should not question soldiers why they do there duty. We should most certainly question the government why they send soldiers to wars. This is why we live in democratic countries. Also Soldiers most certaintly question the job they are doing but at the end of the day they make the decision to serve their country and possibly pay the ultimate sacrifice. Not all soldiers support the conflict and hold different opinions on politics but the real reason soldiers deploy is to look after their mates, to help out each other and to never leave a man behind. I have been to Afghanistan twice and Iraq so I have a little experience on these matters.
                        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                        Former ARMA Admin
                        Former ARMA TGU instructor
                        Former TGU Headmaster
                        Current Noob
                        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Also, Tera, you can question all you want when you're at home and comfortable. But I'm sure that once you're out there and actually involved, there are slightly more important things on your mind. It would be nice if things hadn't got to the point where soldiers had to be sent in, but no point crying over spilt milk - move on and learn from it. What's done is done. The most important thing is adapting to what's happened since.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

War in Iraq = spilt milk. nice.

"move on and learn from it" sooo, ask questions?

and the "you're too selfish to fight so you should support those that did" argument is weak and played out. And why should I feel bad about not being tricked into fighting these wars?

also, not a debate thread. if admins want to move this to the sandbox and give me permissions to post in there thats fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
                              also, not a debate thread. if admins want to move this to the sandbox and give me permissions to post in there thats fine with me.
                              Did you remember to join the sandbox usergroup? You can't post in the sandbox if you're not a member.
                              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...usergroup.html
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X